(Topic ID: 351380)

Disney Thread - Welcome to the World of Disney!

By marioparty34

71 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many of the 12 Disney Parks have you been to?”

• None 18 votes
      16%
    • 1-3 45 votes
      39%
    • 4-6 45 votes
      39%
    • 7-9 6 votes
      5%
    • 9-12 2 votes
      2%

(116 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7416 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7415 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7410 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7418 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7419 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7417 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7424 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7428 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7427 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2190 (resized).jpeg
    seaworl2 (resized).jpg
    super-nintendo-world (resized).jpg
    PXL_20240308_013714645 (resized).jpg
    giphy-3705112177.gif
    disney-world-marathon-course-maps-2024-1 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20240227_204718_AllTrails (resized).jpg
    There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
    #151 67 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've taken my family twice, and have one tip for folks going. My recommendation for food is... the liberty tree tavern at Magic Kingdom.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/liberty-tree-tavern/
    We went the first time because it was the only place with reservations available... but we loved it. It's cracker barrel style food in a colonial setting, and its freaking delicious. If you asked an Amish family to cater a Thanksgiving dinner... you'd get this.
    Theming isn't great, but the food is freaking awesome and my picky kids like it. Very air conditioned as well.

We've also done the character breakfast at the contemporary. Kind of pricey, but if you go you'll guarantee that your kids can meet the best characters without waiting in line. Show up at the contemporary early for your breakfast and you can make it to magic kingdom before rope drop. You can also ride that mono-rail.
    Food is not worth the price, but you are paying to see the characters. If you have kids under 8, do this and save your time in the park for the rides instead of the characters.

By far the best to eat in Magic Kingdom imo. Tony's last year in June was horrible.

#152 67 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

But of course my good sir

Cool, and before someone argues that Magic Kingdom is in Florida only.
    5348C373-6BFF-44B1-AAFF-86B40780788D (resized).jpeg5348C373-6BFF-44B1-AAFF-86B40780788D (resized).jpeg

#153 67 days ago
    Quoted from briyau15:

Any Club 33 members on Pinside? That’s like the ultra LE version of Disney memberships. Would love to hear any experiences having that access

So would owning DVC be like the LE or the Premium?

#154 67 days ago

Love Disney! We used to fly in from MN and that got expensive, so we just moved to GA Now we have AP and drive down about once a month.

The one thing that always makes me sad is how all the pinball machines at the resorts are just nasty dirty and 80% of the time broken.
    Last year we stayed ay the French Quarter and that Tron and GOTG were the best ones I've found in the bubble.

#155 67 days ago
    Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

The one thing that always makes me sad is how all the pinball machines at the resorts are just nasty dirty and 80% of the time broken.
    Last year we stayed ay the French Quarter and that Tron and GOTG were the best ones I've found in the bubble.

They also seem to have stopped getting new ones after GotG. Has Stern priced Disney out of pinball?

#156 67 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

They also seem to have stopped getting new ones after GotG. Has Stern priced Disney out of pinball?

Maybe, I mean JJP has POTC and Toy Story.

I wish I could have one of those poor Tron Legacy to take home and give a better life

#157 67 days ago

These were intense.

#158 66 days ago

I’m selling my Toy Story machine if anyone is interested.

IMG_1628 (resized).jpegIMG_1628 (resized).jpeg
    #159 66 days ago

At Epcot right now, the FOA is pretty cool. I didn't realize that it's the shortest festival they have. It's cool talking to the artists. Some of them are truly gifted.

Also got to try Space 220, I thought it was pretty good. The best thing on the menu was the calamari according to my family.

#160 66 days ago

It does seem like all the Epcot festivals have just turned into an extension of the Food and Wine festival. They make a ton of money on those little stands with drinks in the world showcase, but is just seems like the world showcase is now 24/7 food and wine and doesn’t really matter what festival is going on.

#161 66 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

It does seem like all the Epcot festivals have just turned into an extension of the Food and Wine festival. They make a ton of money on those little stands with drinks in the world showcase, but is just seems like the world showcase is now 24/7 food and wine and doesn’t really matter what festival is going on.

Can’t agree more.

I will say, I do like having the food booths. It gives variety to the trip.

In 2019, I went 3 times. I did everything the same all 3 trips. By the end of the 3rd, I was bored. Going forward from there, my goal was to try something new on every trip. Could be a tour. Could be a restaurant. Those food booths help with trying something new.

Pickle milkshake in November….delicious.

My favorite food of all the festivals……frushi.

#162 66 days ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

At Epcot right now, the FOA is pretty cool. I didn't realize that it's the shortest festival they have. It's cool talking to the artists. Some of them are truly gifted.
    Also got to try Space 220, I thought it was pretty good. The best thing on the menu was the calamari according to my family.

Did you try any of the food booths or were you too full from Space 220? The skirt steak and coffee Old Fashioned from the place on the way towards Mexico were good.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My favorite food of all the festivals……frushi.

My wife and daughter are with you on that!

#163 66 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Did you try any of the food booths or were you too full from Space 220? The skirt steak and coffee Old Fashioned from the place on the way towards Mexico were good.

My wife and daughter are with you on that!

He was too busy enjoying Horizons, the World of Motion, and Dreamfinder, of course

#164 66 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

He was too busy enjoying Horizons, the World of Motion, and Dreamfinder, of course

The lines were super long for Horizons.

I was too full from 220 to partake in the booths. Still have a few more days. I will definitely try.

I am on my way to Hoop De Doo right now. I have not been to that in over a decade. Kids are excited for some nostalgia. My son got called on stage when he was 5 and got his first kiss by the heroine of the show.

I told him don't expect that this time buddy!

#165 66 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Sadly I never got to see Horizons before it closed. My parents never brought me as a kid, and I didn’t make my first trip until I was almost 30 and my wife dragged me kicking and screaming (I didn’t used to take time off from work either). I watched a ride through on YouTube to get an idea of it, and it looked pretty cool.

Journey into imagination would do well to go back to the old ride with Dream Finder. Even on a busy day in the park, the line to see Figment is rarely over 15 minutes.

#166 66 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Sadly I never got to see Horizons before it closed. My parents never brought me as a kid, and I didn’t make my first trip until I was almost 30 and my wife dragged me kicking and screaming (I didn’t used to take time off from work either). I watched a ride through on YouTube to get an idea of it, and it looked pretty cool.
    Journey into imagination would do well to go back to the old ride with Dream Finder. Even on a busy day in the park, the line to see Figment is rarely over 15 minutes.

I’d love to see them bring the dream finder back. Remember, that was a day one ride in 1982……there’s been a lot of technological advancements since then. They could really make the ride magical.

#167 66 days ago

We’re heading down next weekend and have never been there for FOA, so I’m pretty pumped. I love tasting all the different worldly foods.

I love getting the Canada maple popcorn for refill price too.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pickle milkshake in November….delicious.

Couldn’t bring myself to try the milkshake.

#168 66 days ago

These were really cool.

wwrocketjets_mc (resized).jpgwwrocketjets_mc (resized).jpg
    #169 65 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

These were really cool.[quoted image]

They still have that in Tomorrowland in WDW MK, although the theming is a bit different. It’s a classic

#170 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’d love to see them bring the dream finder back. Remember, that was a day one ride in 1982……there’s been a lot of technological advancements since then. They could really make the ride magical.

Journey into Imagination was delayed opening until March of 1983, my good sir Some of us were fortunate enough to be there in Epcot Center's earliest days. Maybe others here can remember that far back?

But for the purposes of discussion, close enough! I agree, they absolutely need to bring it back.

I think we are all fans here in some fashion. The creative direction for Epcot now is boggling to me. If you guys are enjoying it, that is great
    I feel like the proverbial grumpy old man every time Epcot comes up in a discussion.

#171 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Won't happen. Even some of the Imagineers including Tony Baxter have tried to no avail. I just wisht they would do something and get Eric Idel out of the ride.

EPCOT is turning into just another theme park which is not what the original intent was, but nothing we can do about it. At least they still have the Land Pavilion. I was not fortunate enough to see many of the original attractions, although I did get to see the Energy Pavilion. That ride was unreal.

#172 65 days ago

A recent article suggests Disney has raised prices 3,871% over the last 50 years.

Food for thought.
    IMG_2101 (resized).jpegIMG_2101 (resized).jpeg

#173 65 days ago

And so our good friend Odin doesn't feel under represented:

IMG_2102 (resized).jpegIMG_2102 (resized).jpeg
    #174 65 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Journey into Imagination was delayed opening until March of 1983, my good sir Some of us were fortunate enough to be there in Epcot Center's earliest days. Maybe others here can remember that far back?
    But for the purposes of discussion, close enough! I agree, they absolutely need to bring it back.
    I think we are all fans here in some fashion. The creative direction for Epcot now is boggling to me. If you guys are enjoying it, that is great
    I feel like the proverbial grumpy old man every time Epcot comes up in a discussion.

Hey!!!! I was 4 when Epcot opened. Lol

I think the direction of Epcot sucks.

Journey into water is a one and done experience.

The garden behind spaceship earth is a huge downgrade from the fountain of nations.

Journey still needs a massive upgrade.

Mission to mars isn’t any fun.

Test track 2.0 is a huge downgrade from the original. I’m hoping 3.0 can improve it.

The park is heavy on lines for 3 rides….test track, ratatouille and frozen.

The biggest problem with the park is that it’s missing rides that gobble people up (think of horizons and world of motion).

The food booths….i wish some of them were pushed off the walkways and onto the grass. Free up some more walking space.

#175 65 days ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

A recent article suggests Disney has raised prices 3,871% over the last 50 years.
    Food for thought.
    [quoted image]

It’s not really a fair comparison. You had to buy the tickets for the rides, which kept the park pass down in price.

#176 65 days ago

Oh I was there in those days

The ability to buy a Magic Kingdom passprt made you a VIP. You could walk on to any ride like a superstar.
    n6BXKLx-4036696798 (resized).jpgn6BXKLx-4036696798 (resized).jpg

#177 65 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

They still have that in Tomorrowland in WDW MK, although the theming is a bit different. It’s a classic

They yanked ours out with that half ass remodel in the late 90s, but the structure is still there for decoration only. They did however put some new ones back on the ground.

We do still have Mr. Toad's Wild Ride though.

#178 65 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They yanked ours out with that half ass remodel in the late 90s, but the structure is still there for decoration only. They did however put some new ones back on the ground.

I love Mr. Toad’s.

#179 65 days ago

Walt Disney Co
    NYSE: DIS
    USD▼ -2.15 (-1.95%) today,

coming back great sign.

#180 65 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I love Mr. Toad’s.

Not many rides can take you to hell and you live to see another day.

#181 64 days ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not many rides can take you to hell and you live to see another day.

Well…..it is called Mr Toads “wild ride”.

#182 64 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Won't happen. Even some of the Imagineers including Tony Baxter have tried to no avail. I just wisht they would do something and get Eric Idel out of the ride.
    EPCOT is turning into just another theme park which is not what the original intent was, but nothing we can do about it. At least they still have the Land Pavilion. I was not fortunate enough to see many of the original attractions, although I did get to see the Energy Pavilion. That ride was unreal.

The trouble in part was a lot of folks hated the educational element of Epcot. That paired with Disney having trouble getting sponsors for the rides lead to them leveraging their own IP for new attractions.

I only got to see the energy pavilion as ‘Ellen’s Energy Adventure’. It was always amazing to time it just right on an afternoon thunderstorm where you could get in just as it started, and by the time the ride was over, it would be sunny again. Can you imagine them making another ride attraction that was 20+ minutes long? That, and the back lot tour were a great way to spend a chunk of time in the parks.

Quoted from o-din:

I enjoyed Mr Toad on the couple of times I’ve been out to Disney Land. The Matterhorn was down last I visited which was a bummer. The DL Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and POTC are awesome compared to their WDW counterparts. I do love Cars land too. The theming is great and the ride where you race is a blast. I wish WDW would pick up Indiana Jones as well and stick it next to the stunt spectacular.

#183 64 days ago

Other than Festivals these days, and a couple of the first years, after EPCOT opened, we always viewed EPCOT as a Drinking Game.....A beer at each country, or stop, and a day of drinking and walking till we made it around.
    )If we could last...)

#184 64 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I wish WDW would pick up Indiana Jones as well and stick it next to the stunt spectacular.

Pretty sure Dinoland is getting turned into some kind of Indian Jones theme. I heard the Dinosaur ride for sure was getting converted.

#185 64 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Other than Festivals these days, and a couple of the first years, after EPCOT opened, we always viewed EPCOT as a Drinking Game.....A beer at each country, or stop, and a day of drinking and walking till we made it around.
    )If we could last...)

Been there done that but I bet you never made it to the after hours party with the cast members from the different countries. Quite an experience.

#186 64 days ago
    Quoted from pyrotech:

Walt Disney Co
    NYSE: DIS
    USD? -2.15 (-1.95%) today,
    coming back great sign.

Stock went up the day before, not due to revenue, but due to how well they cut their costs.

Quoted from Electrocute:

Been there done that but I bet you never made it to the after hours party with the cast members from the different countries. Quite an experience.

I’ve seen them first thing in the morning during the races. The Italians are always out cheering us on while holding the Italian flag.

#187 64 days ago

I think I found my new go to restaurant for decent food.

We tried Roundup Rodeo and it was much better than I was expecting. The brisket and tater tots were excellent! All you can eat too!

#188 63 days ago

Any frequent Epcot travelers have tips on how to get a reservation at the Space 220 restaurant?

We’re thinking of making a trip down in mid-April and that restaurant is my wife’s first choice for dining this time around.

The in app reservation system goes out as far as April 13th at the moment and nothing is currently available.

Seems like this one is a hot ticket. Figured I’d check here to see if others have found success.

#189 63 days ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Any frequent Epcot travelers have tips on how to get a reservation at the Space 220 restaurant?
    We’re thinking of making a trip down in mid-April and that restaurant is my wife’s first choice for dining this time around.
    The in app reservation system goes out as far as April 13th at the moment and nothing is currently available.
    Seems like this one is a hot ticket. Figured I’d check here to see if others have found success.

We always wait in line for the bar, although they only have a few tables so some times you're waiting awhile.

#190 63 days ago

I was born and raised near Disney in Florida. Epcot was always my favorite followed by MK. I hadnt been in many years (over 20) and took my kids there over the summer. We stayed at the Disney campground for two weeks.

Epcot is still my favorite park. Lots of room, lots of landscape. GOTG is the best ride in all of the parks, absolutely love it. Did it three times over the two weeks. We didnt do any of the Genie + bullshit, and didnt do any real planning on purpose. We wanted to take a vacation and not worry about jumping from place to place.

I am sad for what it has become as far as attendance and milking every living dollar out of my pocket, but still really enjoyed all of the food (Animal Kingdom had an amazing buffet), pizza at Epcot is still rock solid.

What was crazy was pricing- One week all inclusive for us at the campground (5 of us) was 5K, two weeks was 5500k. It was cheaper to stay for two weeks without the Genie than one week with it. It was also very enjoyable, we just jumped around from park to park whenever we wanted and rode everything we wanted to multiple times.

I am hoping my kids got their fill of Disney, as I have zero desire to go back any time soon. Every 20 years is my sweetspot.

#191 63 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

We always wait in line for the bar, although they only have a few tables so some times you're waiting awhile.

Good to know that is an option. Will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip!

#192 63 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

GOTG is the best ride in all of the parks, absolutely love it. Did it three times over the two weeks.

Agreed. We got to go on it when we were down last Labor Day. Phenomenal ride. Hard to describe. Really has to be experienced.

We didn’t mess with Genie+ either. Just did the virtual queue for GOTG and Tron at MK. Short waits when you’re number is up in the queue.

#193 63 days ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Agreed. We got to go on it when we were down last Labor Day. Phenomenal ride. Hard to describe. Really had to be experienced.
    We didn’t mess with Genie+ either. Just did the virtual queue for GOTG and Tron at MK. Short waits when you’re number is up in the queue.

My kids referred to GOTG as Space Mountain on crack.... I should have asked them when they tried crack.

The virtual queue is a winner. So easy and no standing around. If they were smart they would do that for all of their bigger attractions. They would sell way more food, drinks, etc. when people are walking around the park rather than standing in a 2 hour line.

#194 63 days ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

What’s your travel dates?

#195 63 days ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Not specific for that Resturant but for any, refresh and recheck. Many people think that Disney doesn’t release all tables right away as sometimes you will show nothing available for a long time and then all of a sudden there is a lot of availability. Also people cancel and something opens up. If it’s a Resturant that we really want I just look a couple times a day and it might show up. Also people tend to change their plans a day or two before a lot more so look more then. We have gotten some pretty hard to get reservations last minute.

#196 62 days ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Not specific for that Resturant but for any, refresh and recheck. Many people think that Disney doesn’t release all tables right away as sometimes you will show nothing available for a long time and then all of a sudden there is a lot of availability. Also people cancel and something opens up. If it’s a Resturant that we really want I just look a couple times a day and it might show up. Also people tend to change their plans a day or two before a lot more so look more then. We have gotten some pretty hard to get reservations last minute.

Yeah, ya really just gotta hope and pray that family of 4 who got the reservation you want is in a horrific accident and can’t make it. Fingers crossed.

#197 62 days ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

I think I found my new go to restaurant for decent food.
    We tried Roundup Rodeo and it was much better than I was expecting. The brisket and tater tots were excellent! All you can eat too!

All you can eat……..I’ve seen that!! Stand back and watch the crab legs fly

#198 62 days ago
    Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

Pretty sure Dinoland is getting turned into some kind of Indian Jones theme. I heard the Dinosaur ride for sure was getting converted.

The whole area is being turned into the ‘Tropical Americas’ but that was all that was announced at D23.

“ Disney has said that the "Encanto" and "Indiana Jones" ideas are only being considered, and it hasn't yet announced further details of Dinoland's reimagining into the Tropical Americas.”

Read More: https://www.explore.com/1403836/disney-world-area-dinoland-changes-animal-kingdom/#:~:text=Say%20goodbye%20to%20Dinoland%20U.S.A.,Animal%20Kingdom%20in%20Orlando%2C%20Florida.

#199 62 days ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Space 220 is a little tricky because it isn’t all that big, but is still very popular. I’ve been in twice and it has been a bit of the luck of the draw to get in, or we waited 30-45 mins in line sit at the bar. Guests with park/hotel reservations get first pick to make reservations 60 days out, so you need to get a jump on it ASAP at the 60 day mark.

Important to note that Space 220 is not operated by Disney (like Yak & Yeti) so they don’t work with the Disney dining plan or any pass holder discounts.

#200 62 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What’s your travel dates?

Still finalizing, but we’re targeting a week somewhere in the 4/9-4/23 range.

Quoted from Parkshow30:

Also people tend to change their plans a day or two before a lot more so look more then. We have gotten some pretty hard to get reservations last minute.

Yeah, we were guilty of that a couple times ourselves at Universal last year. I’m sure it made somebody’s day when we cancelled though.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Space 220 is a little tricky because it isn’t all that big, but is still very popular. I’ve been in twice and it has been a bit of the luck of the draw to get in, or we waited 30-45 mins in line sit at the bar. Guests with park/hotel reservations get first pick to make reservations 60 days out, so you need to get a jump on it ASAP at the 60 day mark.
    Important to note that Space 220 is not operated by Disney (like Yak & Yeti) so they don’t work with the Disney dining plan or any pass holder discounts.

Interesting. Didn’t realize it wasn’t owned and operated by Disney. I’ll keep checking the site for availability, but it’s sounding like getting in line to try to sit at the bar may end up being our best/only option. Thanks for the info!

There are 455 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-thread-welcome-to-the-world-of-disney/page/4?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.