(Topic ID: 351380)

Disney Thread - Welcome to the World of Disney!

By marioparty34

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 676 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many of the 12 Disney Parks have you been to?”

• None 22 votes
      15%
    • 1-3 55 votes
      39%
    • 4-6 55 votes
      39%
    • 7-9 7 votes
      5%
    • 9-12 3 votes
      2%

(142 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8806 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9138 (resized).jpeg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8039 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8101 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image.gif
    wdw-2021-epcot-test-track-rides-general-stock-1536x1152.jpg
    world-of-motion_22231859061_o.jpg
    Screenshot_20240614-113147 (resized).png
    IMG_8529 (resized).jpeg
    wdw-dvc-island-tower-polynesian-room-concept-art-3.jpeg
    tumblr_f7745ca2639379e10a480dee8f0b82d9_305ed200_540.gif
    IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8509 (resized).png
    There are 676 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
    #601 31 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This has been a rumor for a while now, but it's looking like it's official. While I can definitely appreciate a nice DVC lounge, I'm sad to see the Shootin' Arcade go.
    [quoted image]

As someone who just bought into DVC, I’m ok with it. As someone who’s been going to Disney for years, I’m ok with it.

In all the years we’ve gone, I think we have only played it one time. It’s neat and I like that it’s a free thing to do, but I personally never see anyone using it. I’m sure they keep track of how much traffic it gets.

#602 29 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This has been a rumor for a while now, but it's looking like it's official. While I can definitely appreciate a nice DVC lounge, I'm sad to see the Shootin' Arcade go.
    [quoted image]

Sad to see it go. This is their typical tactic to delete something that didn’t fit neo-Disney corp culture and portray it as an improvement.

DVC lounge is the most expensive free soda fountain you’ll ever pay for. Better off buying a couple drinks to have while you wait in a line.

#603 29 days ago
    Quoted from radium:

DVC lounge is the most expensive free soda fountain you’ll ever pay for. Better off buying a couple drinks to have while you wait in a line.

Yup - the only value is in who can't gain entrence.

#604 29 days ago

Will be in Universal Japan and Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea over the next few weeks.
    Will be doing a 3 Resort split Disney World vacation later this summer at Pop Century Animal Kingdom Lodge and Saratoga Springs. Big summer of Disney!

#605 29 days ago
    Quoted from radium:

Sad to see it go. This is their typical tactic to delete something that didn’t fit neo-Disney corp culture and portray it as an improvement.

So far I haven't been impressed with any DVC lounges or moonlight magic events. I love having DVC though. Just give us free or heavily discounted Genie+.

#606 29 days ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Will be in Universal Japan and Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disneysea over the next few weeks.
    Will be doing a 3 Resort split Disney World vacation later this summer at Pop Century Animal Kingdom Lodge and Saratoga Springs. Big summer of Disney!

Japan is for sure on the bucket list.
    Not sure how into the culture you are, but Don Quijote is like a 25 minute drive from the parks. Whenever we finally make it there, it’ll be part of our trip.

#607 29 days ago
    Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

Japan is for sure on the bucket list.
    Not sure how into the culture you are, but Don Quijote I’d like a 25 minute drive from the parks. Whenever we finally make it there, it’ll be part of our trip.

This is my wife’s dream trip. We are going with her parents brother and his family. It’s mostly a Japan trip with just a little theme parks thrown in. 1 day at universal and 3 days at Disney 10 days doing stuff in Kyoto Osaka and Tokyo and wherever else we decide to take a train too. Don Quixotes will be visited for sure. Lots of markets for local food and seeing the sites. Should be a fun adventure

#608 29 days ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Interested to hear what your impression of those parks are.

#609 29 days ago

Test track being refurbished for 3.0……..let’s hope they upgrade it.

Version 1.0 had a story line.

This version, you just go through the ride waiting to get outside and pick up speed.

Let’s hope they get a good story line.

#610 28 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

This version, you just go through the ride waiting to get outside and pick up speed.

The best part is theyre tearing down that awful canopy out front and restoring it to be more like the original.

I don’t have high hopes for inside but we’ll see.

#611 28 days ago
    Quoted from radium:

The best part is theyre tearing down that awful canopy out front and restoring it to be more like the original.
    I don’t have high hopes for inside but we’ll see.

One of my friends was down there a couple years ago, I was there at the same time too. We rode it together and I walked him through what the original was like. He was all “wow, that sounds so much better, because Nike of the track makes any sense.”

#612 28 days ago

For anyone curious, here is the original World of Motion compared to Test Track rehaul.

world-of-motion_22231859061_o.jpgworld-of-motion_22231859061_o.jpg

wdw-2021-epcot-test-track-rides-general-stock-1536x1152.jpgwdw-2021-epcot-test-track-rides-general-stock-1536x1152.jpg

#613 28 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I don't mind the new version and the Epcot city nod we always enjoyed. The design your car thing got old.

#614 28 days ago

We are headed to Shanghai Disney in next few days. It's the last Disney theme park we have not visited so pretty excited to complete the list of 12.

Has anyone been? Any advice?

#615 27 days ago
    Quoted from marioparty34:

We are headed to Shanghai Disney in next few days. It's the last Disney theme park we have not visited so pretty excited to complete the list of 12.
    Has anyone been? Any advice?

I have been to Shanghai Disneyland a couple of times, the latest in 2019 before everything shut down for Covid. Our first trip was a weekend trip to get miles for my airline status. It is a long flight for a weekend at Disneyland, so I don't recommend that. There is more of a language barrier in Shanghai than in Hong Kong Disneyland. Google Translate was very helpful.

Pirates of the Carribean was our favorite ride there. It is very different than the other versions around the world. Oddly enough, when we were there the longest lines were for Sorin and we could essentially walk on Pirates. Sorin was exactly the same as in the US, except for the preshow (I have no clue what the hell the bird that turns into a person was all about). Peter Pan is different enough from the other versions around the world that it is worth it to go on it.

We really liked eating at the Blue Frog in Disney Town. There is a bakery on the left side of their version of main street that had some very good pastries and there was a nice outdoor area to sit early in the morning and watch people coming into the park while eating the pastries. There is a smaller entrance to the park from in Disney Town (somewhat near the Blue Frog and Cheesecake Factory) that has shorter lines early in the morning. It also has a separate entrance for their Club 33 members there, which can be fun to see if anyone enters through there.

#616 27 days ago
    Quoted from rviguet:

I have been to Shanghai Disneyland a couple of times, the latest in 2019 before everything shut down for Covid. Our first trip was a weekend trip to get miles for my airline status. It is a long flight for a weekend at Disneyland, so I don't recommend that. There is more of a language barrier in Shanghai than in Hong Kong Disneyland. Google Translate was very helpful.
    Pirates of the Carribean was our favorite ride there. It is very different than the other versions around the world. Oddly enough, when we were there the longest lines were for Sorin and we could essentially walk on Pirates. Sorin was exactly the same as in the US, except for the preshow (I have no clue what the hell the bird that turns into a person was all about). Peter Pan is different enough from the other versions around the world that it is worth it to go on it.
    We really liked eating at the Blue Frog in Disney Town. There is a bakery on the left side of their version of main street that had some very good pastries and there was a nice outdoor area to sit early in the morning and watch people coming into the park while eating the pastries. There is a smaller entrance to the park from in Disney Town (somewhat near the Blue Frog and Cheesecake Factory) that has shorter lines early in the morning. It also has a separate entrance for their Club 33 members there, which can be fun to see if anyone enters through there.

Thanks for all the good info!

We are pretty excited.

#617 25 days ago

This dropped today.

Wow! A dream theme for me as I've been watching these films before I could read. Looks out of this world.

#618 24 days ago

Was not impressed by Universal Japan
    Jaws was one of the big draws since it’s closed everywhere else. It was closed all day.
    Jurassic Park was closed all day as well as 3 other rides that I don’t remember the name of.
    Monster rock and roll show was fun but the old one in Florida was better
    Super Nintendo land was way too busy even though you need a timed entry to get in. The Yoshi adventure was an embarrassment. About on the level of a carnival ride. I know it was for little kids which was ok because we have 6 kids in our party but they have been all over Disney and Universal their whole lives and they weren’t impressed either. So short and boring. Harry Potter area was a carbon copy of Florida without the best ride, Hagrids.
    Highlight was winning the ridiculously easy throwing games and getting big plushies for the kids.
    Service and food is better than Florida but that’s about it. I wouldn’t go back and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
    Next week Disneyland and DisneySea
    Overall trip has been great seeing the sites eating the food shopping taking trains everywhere. Loving the vending machines! Really cheap bottles of water and cokes for less than a buck, ice creams and other frozen treats for the kids for less than a buck and lots of different flavored cold brew coffees.

#619 24 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

This dropped today.
    Wow! A dream theme for me as I've been watching these films before I could read. Looks out of this world.

Notice how Universal isn't about: "and here we have a woman, as lead designer, etc..."

They put together a great team who have a passion for this. Really looks like this park will be setting a brand new standard.

#620 24 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Notice how Universal isn't about: "and here we have a woman, as lead designer, etc..."
    They put together a great team who have a passion for this. Really looks like this park will be setting a brand new standard.

These are all Disney imaginers who left Disney due to politics/red tape and creative constraints.

Love how they blend a 100 year old franchise with modern audiences. Disney is ashamed of their past, but Universal is like "bring it on"!

Love how they try and bridge the gap. Just hope the horror is old school and not modern jump crap.

They did change Gypsies to Mystics, but the concept is the same so I'm fine with it.

#621 24 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

These are all Disney imaginers who left Disney due to politics/red tape and creative constraints.
    Love how they blend a 100 year old franchise with modern audiences. Disney is ashamed of their past, but Universal is like "bring it on"!
    Love how they try and bridge the gap. Just hope the horror is old school and not modern jump crap.
    They did change Gypsies to Mystics, but the concept is the same so I'm fine with it.

What’s great too about this new park is they left room for expansion.

If Universal can somehow create room in the other 2 parks and flesh them out a bit, they could really steal some market share. At Universal Orlando, I’d love to see fast and furious shut down (ride sucks) and copy the cars ride from California and set it to fast and furious. But, when you’re racing, have it go faster. And when you’re inside, have some speed in there with explosions and stuff.

What’s funny, I’ve been wanting to do a Universal trip, but I keep holding off for the new park.

And look at the stuff Disney imagineers were able to pull off in the past: pirates of Caribbean, splash mountain, all of original Epcot, tower of terror, alien encounter. Such a shame that Disney decided to put a constraint on dreaming.

#622 24 days ago

I want to hit up Universal one of these days, but since I have never been.... I'm just going to wait it out. I want to do a full trip and experience all these new things. I love me some vintage monsters, but I also want to see the Mario stuff.
    I am worried as I have only heard bad reviews about their food. I'm a foodie and don't want to eat fair food all day. Hopefully by late 2025 (or when ever this is complete) they will have updated some of their food offerings.

#623 24 days ago

I want to hit up Universal one of these days, but since I have never been.... I'm just going to wait it out. I want to do a full trip and experience all these new things. I love me some vintage monsters, but I also want to see the Mario stuff.
    I am worried as I have only heard bad reviews about their food. I'm a foodie and don't want to eat fair food all day. Hopefully by late 2025 (or when ever this is complete) they will have updated some of their food offerings.

If you're talking Universal Florida, I do remember being underwhelmed by the food.

Their beers, however, we huge. In size and price.

#624 24 days ago

Their food is fine. It's nothing special. Its better than Six Flags, not as good as Disney. The surprise hit for my wife and I was the fancy Tator Tot place in Dr. Seuss world of all places.

#625 24 days ago

I am worried as I have only heard bad reviews about their food. I'm a foodie and don't want to eat fair food all day.

There’s some great options in the Universal Citywalk area, which sits just outside the gates of the two current parks. We always eat our main meal in the restaurant area out there when we go.

#626 24 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

At Universal Orlando, I’d love to see fast and furious shut down (ride sucks) and copy the cars ride from California and set it to fast and furious.

Disagree on this one. I’m not going to say it is a great thrill ride or anything, but I am entertained by it every time.

I laugh during this ride more than any other ride I can think of. It’s ridiculous and entertaining just like the movies.

When you get really good cast members for the intro parts that makes a huge difference too. We’ve had some great ones!

#627 24 days ago

Their Harry Potter food place is just fine. Not sure where all the negative reviews of food have come from - if anything their parks are too small. The "lands" are very small and I think that is what hurts them is the immersion aspect of it all. The Hagrid ride is top notch though.

They have plenty of food options in their downtown area just inside the park.

#628 20 days ago

Tokyo Disneyland was amazing! First day is over. We were there from 10am-9pm. Rode 15 rides. Ate at Hooks Galley for lunch and Crystal Palace for dinner. Excellent food and excellent prices. Crystal Palace Buffett was about $30 per adult. Overall the rides that are at both locations are better than in Disney World. Newer, better maintained, larger and just overall more well done. Standouts included pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Monsters Inc and Big Thunder Mountain. Really enjoyed ourselves. Only bummer was it was really windy and the fireworks were cancelled. We are at Disney Sea tomorrow and back to Disneyland the next day. We did not pay for any premier passes and the longest wait of the day was only 35 minutes for Splash Mountain. Average wait time was 10 minutes. Did a lot of shopping. Tons of room to move around. People put out mats and sit down to get ready for parades and there is still tons of room to walk. Ticket prices were significantly cheaper than Florida as well. I think it was $180 for my family of 4 and that’s ALL 4 of us including taxes! 10 times better experience than Universal Japan. I would recommend this park to anyone that loves Disney.

#629 20 days ago

Interesting article on the changes to Genie + (now Lightning Multi Pass)
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/theme-parks/2024/06/25/disney-genie-lighting-lane-changes/74207057007/

pasted_image.gifpasted_image.gif
    #630 20 days ago

Thrilled Haunted Mansion at DL will re-open by the end of August. The holiday overlay is already installed on the interior of the ride. We spent last weekend at the park and looking down into Haunted Mansion, it's amazing it can be completed in the next 8 weeks - so much left to do.

#631 19 days ago
    Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Thrilled Haunted Mansion at DL will re-open by the end of August. The holiday overlay is already installed on the interior of the ride. We spent last weekend at the park and looking down into Haunted Mansion, it's amazing it can be completed in the next 8 weeks - so much left to do.

In the past, is the Christmas overlay removed by February 1?

#632 19 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In the past, is the Christmas overlay removed by February 1?

Usually, yes. Most years by 1/15.

#633 19 days ago

T

Quoted from Parkshow30:

Tokyo Disneyland was amazing! First day is over. We were there from 10am-9pm. Rode 15 rides. Ate at Hooks Galley for lunch and Crystal Palace for dinner. Excellent food and excellent prices. Crystal Palace Buffett was about $30 per adult. Overall the rides that are at both locations are better than in Disney World. Newer, better maintained, larger and just overall more well done. Standouts included pirates, Winnie the Pooh, Monsters Inc and Big Thunder Mountain. Really enjoyed ourselves. Only bummer was it was really windy and the fireworks were cancelled. We are at Disney Sea tomorrow and back to Disneyland the next day. We did not pay for any premier passes and the longest wait of the day was only 35 minutes for Splash Mountain. Average wait time was 10 minutes. Did a lot of shopping. Tons of room to move around. People put out mats and sit down to get ready for parades and there is still tons of room to walk. Ticket prices were significantly cheaper than Florida as well. I think it was $180 for my family of 4 and that’s ALL 4 of us including taxes! 10 times better experience than Universal Japan. I would recommend this park to anyone that loves Disney.

Yeah. Tokyo Disney and Sea are both really awesome.

#634 17 days ago

Just drove 18 hours with the fam from NYC to WDW. Staying at Coronado Springs, first time since they renovated it. It’s beautiful. We booked this trip almost a year ago, but as fate would have it our first day in the parks coincides with the 1st public opening day of Tiana Splash Mountain. Virtual queue only, it’s going to be madness at 7am. Wish me luck.

#635 17 days ago
    Quoted from evileye:

Just drove 18 hours with the fam from NYC to WDW. Staying at Coronado Springs, first time since they renovated it. It’s beautiful. We booked this trip almost a year ago, but as fate would have it our first day in the parks coincides with the 1st public opening day of Tiana Splash Mountain. Virtual queue only, it’s going to be madness at 7am. Wish me luck.

Get the cronut……it’s at the hotel food court and Rex’s quick service……you won’t be disappointed.

#636 16 days ago

Tokyo Disneysea was very interesting. Kind of a mash up of Epcot meets Hollywood Studios. Due to a medical delay with my father in law we got to the park late maybe 11am so unfortunately could not access the new Fantasy Springs area which was a shame because the wait times inside for the new rides were lower all day than the rides were in the regular part of the park!
    Pretty much rode everything, a little busier than Disneyland was. Journey to the Center of the Earth was different, pretty cool but not worth the wait or the money to skip the line which is what we did with that ride.
    Without experiencing the expansion part I would say we enjoyed Disneyland better.
    The next day we went back to Disneyland and hit our favorite rides again plus the few we missed like beauty and the beast which was very different and very impressive!
    Ate Crystal Palace again because it was easy to get into and easy to please everyone in our large group of 13. Also ate at the Tomorrowland terrace which was basically cosmic rays. The kids were craving French fries! Fun 3 days at Tokyo Disney. Next time we come back I think we will stay at the Disney resort for a few days.

#637 16 days ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Tokyo Disneysea was very interesting. Kind of a mash up of Epcot meets Hollywood Studios. Due to a medical delay with my father in law we got to the park late maybe 11am so unfortunately could not access the new Fantasy Springs area which was a shame because the wait times inside for the new rides were lower all day than the rides were in the regular part of the park!
    Pretty much rode everything, a little busier than Disneyland was. Journey to the Center of the Earth was different, pretty cool but not worth the wait or the money to skip the line which is what we did with that ride.
    Without experiencing the expansion part I would say we enjoyed Disneyland better.
    The next day we went back to Disneyland and hit our favorite rides again plus the few we missed like beauty and the beast which was very different and very impressive!
    Ate Crystal Palace again because it was easy to get into and easy to please everyone in our large group of 13. Also ate at the Tomorrowland terrace which was basically cosmic rays. The kids were craving French fries! Fun 3 days at Tokyo Disney. Next time we come back I think we will stay at the Disney resort for a few days.

I wish beauty and the beast would get transported here.

How would you rate the Tokyo parks vs the American parks?

#638 16 days ago

Just booked Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Watercountry USA. Its not Disney, but we are stoked to go (3 hours away). $1,252 for a 3 night hotel package, 3 days at the parks, 1 prepaid meal and drink per day for 5 people. Will report back in a month or so. Is it Disney/Universal? No. But at first glance the park looks much more beautiful than the really themed parks. My wife and I were talking about going to a botanical gardens and this looks pretty close.

#639 16 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I wish beauty and the beast would get transported here.
    How would you rate the Tokyo parks vs the American parks?

Pros and cons to both.
    Staff: Tokyo by a mile. Everyone smiles says hello and enthusiastically waves with both hands everywhere. If you have a question they will drop what they are doing to show you where to go or help you with what you need. They will even literally run.

Rides: Tokyo Disneyland over Magic Kingdom but Epcot or Hollywood Studios over Disney Sea. Animal Kingdom is so different than anything here tough to compare.

Food: Florida. Was impressed at first with Tokyo Disney food but after a few more places they just have too many meat Pattie’s everywhere and not enough variety.

Water: Florida. You can get ice water pretty much everywhere. In Tokyo Disney as well as the rest of Japan it’s hard to get ice water. Most quick service style restaurants just have small paper cups that you can fill up at a drinking fountain. If you want water in Japan you buy bottled water from a vending machine. At the Disney stores the only bottled water was warm, had to go to a vending machine to get cold water and then it’s only cold for a bit.

Resorts: we didn’t stay at the resorts here but saw a bit of them, nothing like in Florida with the vast network of resorts to pick from with fantastic pools. Next time we will stay at a resort. This trip had so many people we have stayed at apartment style hotels for the extra room and the ability to cook food in our room. Side note both me and my brother in law said this is the best steak we have ever had. Cooked ourselves from the grocery store down the street. Waygu steak, a good one person size less than $5. Insanely good!

Shows: Florida. Shows in Japan are a bit odd to Americans. Very over exaggerated and different like their TV.

Fireworks: Florida by a mile. Tokyo Disney is probably limited by their fireworks due to the proximity of other buildings etc. kind of like Universal is in Florida. There is just one fireworks show for both parks in Tokyo. Didn’t catch the DisneySea water show though as we used that time to get on rides.

#640 16 days ago

In Disneyland now. Waiting for kids to ride smugglers run.

I’ll post more later but this park is a vastly different experience than Florida. It doesn’t even compare to the magic Kingdom, which I doubt we’ll ever like again, especially with what they are doing to it.

This is what Disney world should be.

#641 16 days ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

Pros and cons to both.
    Staff: Tokyo by a mile. Everyone smiles says hello and enthusiastically waves with both hands everywhere. If you have a question they will drop what they are doing to show you where to go or help you with what you need. They will even literally run.
    Rides: Tokyo Disneyland over Magic Kingdom but Epcot or Hollywood Studios over Disney Sea. Animal Kingdom is so different than anything here tough to compare.
    Food: Florida. Was impressed at first with Tokyo Disney food but after a few more places they just have too many meat Pattie’s everywhere and not enough variety.
    Water: Florida. You can get ice water pretty much everywhere. In Tokyo Disney as well as the rest of Japan it’s hard to get ice water. Most quick service style restaurants just have small paper cups that you can fill up at a drinking fountain. If you want water in Japan you buy bottled water from a vending machine. At the Disney stores the only bottled water was warm, had to go to a vending machine to get cold water and then it’s only cold for a bit.
    Resorts: we didn’t stay at the resorts here but saw a bit of them, nothing like in Florida with the vast network of resorts to pick from with fantastic pools. Next time we will stay at a resort. This trip had so many people we have stayed at apartment style hotels for the extra room and the ability to cook food in our room. Side note both me and my brother in law said this is the best steak we have ever had. Cooked ourselves from the grocery store down the street. Waygu steak, a good one person size less than $5. Insanely good!
    Shows: Florida. Shows in Japan are a bit odd to Americans. Very over exaggerated and different like their TV.
    Fireworks: Florida by a mile. Tokyo Disney is probably limited by their fireworks due to the proximity of other buildings etc. kind of like Universal is in Florida. There is just one fireworks show for both parks in Tokyo. Didn’t catch the DisneySea water show though as we used that time to get on rides.

You left out one thing:

Splash Mountain > Tiana’s.

#642 16 days ago

I’m rocking Six Flags Great Adventure today.

Times have changed. When I was in high school, weekends were mobbed. Half the rides are walk on.

#643 16 days ago

Hot day at Epcot today. Thanks to that, the crowds are really mild. On line for spaceship earth while waiting on my Guardians virtual queue

#644 16 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

Hot day at Epcot today. Thanks to that, the crowds are really mild. On line for spaceship earth while waiting on my Guardians virtual queue

As a huge fish nerd, their aquarium area is really nice. If you've never been there and/or don't remember going through and seeing the manatee, swing over there!

#645 16 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

As a huge fish nerd, their aquarium area is really nice. If you've never been there and/or don't remember going through and seeing the manatee, swing over there!

I usually use the aquarium to get a check out dive in before I go on a dive trip. One of the best tours in Disney!

#646 16 days ago

I didn’t know you could get a check out dive a Wdw’s aquarium!

#647 16 days ago

What's a check out dive?

#648 15 days ago

It’s not a check out dive like you would do with a dive master and review all your emergency skills if it has been a years since diving, but it is a very easy dive since it is only 30 feet deep with no current and good to get your feet wet it it’s been 8 months since your last dive. Most of the cost is a donation that goes to their wildlife fund as well.

#649 15 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Get the cronut……it’s at the hotel food court and Rex’s quick service……you won’t be disappointed.

I will look for that cronut, thanks! What’s Rex’s quick service, is that at Coronado, or is that T-Rex at Disney Springs?

Also, we got virtual queue for Tiana and paid for Tron. Tiana isn’t as bad as I thought. The shrinking part is cool and fits the smaller cave you’re in while that’s happening, animatronics are obviously better, but even my 9 year old daughter said Splash was better.

Tron is one of my top rides. I’m probably biased because I absolutely love the franchise. I have shirts, jackets, Lego’s, the movie posters, various other collectibles, arcade merch, the arcade machine, and the pinball machine. I want to buy the entire gift shop. It’s a beautifully designed ride, and enjoyable to view from the outside. I love that the Tron Legacy soundtrack is playing throughout, and the lighting/neon effects are awesome. My only knock is that it’s short, but I knew that going in. Still loved it. Top 3 ride in the modern category for me.

Will try to ride both again when we return on 4th of July. However the weather has sucked. I know it rains a lot here, but it’s been a windows of absolute piss pouring rain for a a straight hour. I’m used to that happening for 10 minutes max and it’s over.

IMG_8039 (resized).jpegIMG_8039 (resized).jpegIMG_8135 (resized).jpegIMG_8135 (resized).jpegIMG_8101 (resized).jpegIMG_8101 (resized).jpegIMG_8089 (resized).jpegIMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
    #650 15 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m rocking Six Flags Great Adventure today.
    Times have changed. When I was in high school, weekends were mobbed. Half the rides are walk on.

Wow, that’s unusual. I haven’t gone in a few years myself, but the crowds were always insane like you said. Maybe times are tough? Now I want to plan a day when we return home, lol.

There are 676 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.