(Topic ID: 351380)

Disney Thread - Welcome to the World of Disney!

By marioparty34

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How many of the 12 Disney Parks have you been to?”

• None 22 votes
      15%
    • 1-3 55 votes
      38%
    • 4-6 56 votes
      39%
    • 7-9 7 votes
      5%
    • 9-12 3 votes
      2%

(143 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_676.png
    IMG_8806 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9138 (resized).jpeg
    s-l1600 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8089 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8039 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8101 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8135 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image.gif
    wdw-2021-epcot-test-track-rides-general-stock-1536x1152.jpg
    world-of-motion_22231859061_o.jpg
    Screenshot_20240614-113147 (resized).png
    IMG_8529 (resized).jpeg
    wdw-dvc-island-tower-polynesian-room-concept-art-3.jpeg
    tumblr_f7745ca2639379e10a480dee8f0b82d9_305ed200_540.gif
    IMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
    There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
    #551 45 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’m cool with anyone not liking the ride or wanting to boycott it. Shorter lines for me!

Amen to that! We’ll be down again for a few days in late July (taking the oldest for their graduation) and then just me and the wife will be heading down for a week in September.

Looking forward to getting to check out the Tiana ride as well as the resurrected Rock n Roller Coaster!

#552 45 days ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

Any WDW ride is better than no ride I guess. But having watched the POV, I miss Splash! The new ride is definitely not as good as the old one from what I could see.

It looks dreadfull, and it could have been so damn good.

This, along with the Country Bears redo makes that side of the park almost not even worth going to.

How long til they f-up Big Thunder? Disney is tearing down what made the park great for decades.

#553 44 days ago

Jurassic Park River Adventure is basically Splash Moutain with dinosaurs. It is one of my favorite Universal rides as it has a high capacity, great animatronics, and is just all around a great experience. Longest we waited (In March) was 10 minutes. 10/10 would recommend and better than that princess retheme.

#554 44 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Jurassic Park River Adventure is basically Splash Moutain with dinosaurs. It is one of my favorite Universal rides as it has a high capacity, great animatronics, and is just all around a great experience. Longest we waited (In March) was 10 minutes. 10/10 would recommend and better than that princess retheme.

I watched that video again last night.

I couldn't help but not laugh.

2 things are putting a dent in Disney's business: 1 - Lack of creativity....see splash mountain. 2 - The people who knew what they were doing are now at Universal.

#555 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I watched that video again last night.
    I couldn't help but not laugh.
    2 things are putting a dent in Disney's business: 1 - Lack of creativity....see splash mountain. 2 - The people who knew what they were doing are now at Universal.

For someone who really seems into Disney with all your visits for running, you really have a lot of dislike for this ride retheme and the Imagineers behind it. Do you not like Disney princesses? Also curious as what there is to laugh at? There's good music, lots of color, and plenty going on to draw your eyes too. There was plenty of stagnant spots in the SM as well. I think it looks good.

I guess like others have said, if people don't like it, maybe there will be less people in line. Easier for me to ride.

I look at it this way, if you don't like it, don't ride it. Like Pooh, I think it sucks and is completely boring. Giant painted wood cut outs. Creativity zero. I don't complain, I just don't ride it. The beloved Seven Dwarves, not worth it. That's not even theming, it's just too long of a wait for a short coaster. So I skip it.

#556 44 days ago
    Quoted from ManbearpigOG:

For someone who really seems into Disney with all your visits for running, you really have a lot of dislike for this ride retheme and the Imagineers behind it. Do you not like Disney princesses? Also curious as what there is to laugh at? There's good music, lots of color, and plenty going on to draw your eyes too. There was plenty of stagnant spots in the SM as well. I think it looks good.
    I guess like others have said, if people don't like it, maybe there will be less people in line. Easier for me to ride.
    I look at it this way, if you don't like it, don't ride it. Like Pooh, I think it sucks and is completely boring. Giant painted wood cut outs. Creativity zero. I don't complain, I just don't ride it. The beloved Seven Dwarves, not worth it. That's not even theming, it's just too long of a wait for a short coaster. So I skip it.

I don't ride Pooh...I won't be riding this either.

Did you miss the part of the video where Tiana is just sitting on the log for a good 10-15 seconds before the boat gets close enough to trigger the animatronic to do something? Or all the completely pitch black areas? Or the areas where it's just screens with fireflies? What's the story line? Are we looking for another band member? Are we looking for a missing ingredient (which is us)? This is another Harmonious.

I complain, because Splash Mountain was an instant classic. I want every ride to be perfect, I want every show to be perfect. I don't want duds.

Rides I won't wait for:
    - Millennium Falcon, anything longer than 25 minutes and I skip it.
    - Slinky Dog, anything longer than 30 and I skip it. However, I will rope drop or wait till end of night to ride it.
    - Seven Dwarfs, I just do the LL for it. 70 minute wait is ridiculous.
    - Test Track, anything longer than 30, but I will do single rider line.
    - Soarin', anything longer than 30 and I skip it.
    - Peter Pan, I either rope drop or use Genie+. The way the LL is used on the ride, it can bring the line to a complete standstill.

Lucky for me, I really enjoy the shows. Tiki room, Hall of Presidents, Carousel of Progress, American Adventure, Living with the Land (I don't consider this a ride), Canada show, France show, etc.

During Dopey, when I get there and they still have the Christmas crowds, I stay away from the rides and stick to the shows. Once that crowd leaves, then I start hitting the rides.

#557 44 days ago

As an AP, any ride over 20-30 minute wait we skip. We go enough that we get to experience it all. Sit down shows and the side adventure stuff like the pirate treasure hunt (still haven’t done) we save for the busy days as well.

I’m sure the timing and triggers will be modified yet on Tiana. I actually heard this morning the ride has been down more than running since they started it up.

#558 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Photos from the ride….where there is absolutely nothing going on. Nothing, nada, zip.

Again, this looks extremely boring.

The comments under the YT video are gold. It's like parents saying "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed".

We go enough that we get to experience it all. Sit down shows and the side adventure stuff like the pirate treasure hunt (still haven’t done) we save for the busy days as well.

The adventure stuff was awesome on crowded days. When my son was little, we LOVED the Adventureland Pirates game and the Phineas and Ferb quests in World Showcase. The way they seamlessly integrated those into the lands were awesome. Plus you got a lot of "woah" looks when you set off cannons over POTC, or made an animatronic rise out of a pond in World Showcase. Such a fun way to kill off time while you wait for your FastPass time. If you completed the Adventureland one too, you also got a paper FP for POTC which was a nice added bonus!

#559 44 days ago

As an AP, any ride over 20-30 minute wait we skip. We go enough that we get to experience it all. Sit down shows and the side adventure stuff like the pirate treasure hunt (still haven’t done) we save for the busy days as well.
    I’m sure the timing and triggers will be modified yet on Tiana. I actually heard this morning the ride has been down more than running since they started it up.

I have the same attitude. If I don’t get it this time, I’ll get it the next time.

I can’t imagine how families that are forced to save up for a couple years do Disney. They’d have to rope drop and stay till park close. Kids can’t pull that off.

#560 44 days ago

Tales of the Empire was... okay. Tales of the Jedi was better.

#561 44 days ago

New star wars show comes out on Tuesday . I hope it's good.

#562 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have the same attitude. If I don’t get it this time, I’ll get it the next time.
    I can’t imagine how families that are forced to save up for a couple years do Disney. They’d have to rope drop and stay till park close. Kids can’t pull that off.

You are right about that. I only can do Disney about every two or three years. Usually when we have the time, money and/or when a new attraction or two has opened since last visit. Unfortunately for anyone travelling with me, I am an absolute maniac who HAS to hit every major attraction at least twice, if not three times, and all of the minor ones at least once. Nothing would be worse for me than having missed some major attractions because we couldn't squeeze them in or because they were down during the visit. I HATE that I love WDW so much!! LOL!

I order to do this, I have to put more planning into each trip than Ike did for D-Day! What time of year has smallest crowds, then which park has the least traffic on which days, remember to stay away from EPCOT on weekends to avoid the locals coming in for dinner, first Genie+ meticulously scheduled two hours before park open, ILL's purchased for rides at 7AM, virtual queues for first rides on Tron, GOTG at 7AM on the dot, which path through each park to minimize crowds, which rides to single ride and which can be ridden as a group, watch all of the Mouse Ears vids to learn all of the latest tips and tricks. And of course...in line 45 minutes BEFORE rope drop or the day is over before it even started!!

I can tend to be a bit of a drill sergeant when in the parks and it can be very stressful, depending on time of year. It's almost getting to the point where the planning necessary to get on everything is just too hard. And since I just can't commit to more than a trip every couple of years, I really feel like it's do or die on each trip. It's a sickness but it is what it is!

On the bright side, I usually get on everything I want and don't usually need to stay until close. However, we end up walking around 8 miles per day every day which is a bit taxing for my old body. It would definitely be easier to hit the parks more frequently for shorter durations so that I didn't feel the need to do it all at once. The cost of flights works against that though, flying down from PHL.

#563 44 days ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

You are right about that. I only can do Disney about every two or three years. Usually when we have the time, money and/or when a new attraction or two has opened since last visit. Unfortunately for anyone travelling with me, I am an absolute maniac who HAS to hit every major attraction at least twice, if not three times, and all of the minor ones at least once. Nothing would be worse for me than having missed some major attractions because we couldn't squeeze them in or because they were down during the visit. I HATE that I love WDW so much!! LOL!
    I order to do this, I have to put more planning into each trip than Ike did for D-Day! What time of year has smallest crowds, then which park has the least traffic on which days, remember to stay away from EPCOT on weekends to avoid the locals coming in for dinner, first Genie+ meticulously scheduled two hours before park open, ILL's purchased for rides at 7AM, virtual queues for first rides on Tron, GOTG at 7AM on the dot, which path through each park to minimize crowds, which rides to single ride and which can be ridden as a group, watch all of the Mouse Ears vids to learn all of the latest tips and tricks. And of course...in line 45 minutes BEFORE rope drop or the day is over before it even started!!
    I can tend to be a bit of a drill sergeant when in the parks and it can be very stressful, depending on time of year. It's almost getting to the point where the planning necessary to get on everything is just too hard. And since I just can't commit to more than a trip every couple of years, I really feel like it's do or die on each trip. It's a sickness but it is what it is!
    On the bright side, I usually get on everything I want and don't usually need to stay until close. However, we end up walking around 8 miles per day every day which is a bit taxing for my old body. It would definitely be easier to hit the parks more frequently for shorter durations so that I didn't feel the need to do it all at once. The cost of flights works against that though, flying down from PHL.

10 mile run, then parks all day.

I almost hit 6,000 calories for the day.

Standing for 21 hours……

Over 22 miles……

Hit 3 parks that day too.

IMG_8509 (resized).pngIMG_8509 (resized).png
    #564 44 days ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I couldn’t agree with you more about all the planning necessary.

I make a spreadsheet for each Disney season (November to April). In this spreadsheet, I put down what I’m doing everyday….parks, restaurants, tours, snacks, nighttime shows. Everything.

This way when I’m planning what I want to do, I can schedule it for a certain trip. I don’t want to do the same restaurant twice in the same Disney year. Same snacks is ok. I’m a sucker for their popcorn and beignets at French Quarter. I’ll have days planned where I’ll buy rise of resistance LL, get to Epcot by 1pm, to hit guardians virtual AND LL. I have days planned out where I’m getting genie plus and days when I don’t.

#565 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just got back from doing a modified version of above. Rope drop, back to the hotel for 2-2.5 hours in the heat of the day. Back to the parks until close. Kids slept on the plane ride home today.

Four nights at riviera. MK, HS, and Epcot each for the above version of a full day. Got on pretty much everything minus Slinky and Remy. Topolino breakfast this morning. Good trip

#566 44 days ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Just got back from doing a modified version of above. Rope drop, back to the hotel for 2-2.5 hours in the heat of the day. Back to the parks until close. Kids slept on the plane ride home today.
    Four nights at riviera. MK, HS, and Epcot each for the above version of a full day. Got on pretty much everything minus Slinky and Remy. Topolino breakfast this morning. Good trip

How is staying at Riviera with the skyliner? Always seems like there is a long line there.

#567 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How is staying at Riviera with the skyliner? Always seems like there is a long line there.

Skyliner was great. The only time we had a 10-15 minute line was Epcot closing time. Otherwise we were in the first 2-4 gondolas that pulled up.

I’m no Disney expert and have only stayed at maybe 4 of the resorts. That said I’d go back to the Riviera again. Efficient transportation is important to me. Monorail and skyliner are both that. Maybe there’s others, but the bus ride from Riviera to MK was no fun.

#568 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When we were just there last, we went to the Riviera three times and getting on the Skyliner is super lame. You have to wait for an empty one or hope someone is getting off. The last time there were just walked down to the transfer station at Caribbean Beach. Nice walk and there’s a Joffery’s to grab a drink and then get on the Skyliner.

#569 44 days ago
    Quoted from Marshall_ry:

Skyliner was great. The only time we had a 10-15 minute line was Epcot closing time. Otherwise we were in the first 2-4 gondolas that pulled up.
    I’m no Disney expert and have only stayed at maybe 4 of the resorts. That said I’d go back to the Riviera again. Efficient transportation is important to me. Monorail and skyliner are both that. Maybe there’s others, but the bus ride from Riviera to MK was no fun.

I forgot to mention, Topolino terrace breakfast is, IMO, the best breakfast in all of Disney.

Riviera is at a very bad spot to get to magic kingdom. I think Coronado had the best spot in all of Disney. Close enough to world drive to get to Magic Kingdom, close enough to Osceola parkway for animal kingdom, and it’s literally a couple minute bus ride to Epcot and MGM.

Is the bus for riviera just for riviera, or does it combine with Caribbean?

#570 44 days ago

When we were just there last, we went to the Riviera three times and getting on the Skyliner is super lame. You have to wait for an empty one or hope someone is getting off. The last time there were just walked down to the transfer station at Caribbean Beach. Nice walk and there’s a Joffery’s to grab a drink and then get on the Skyliner.

Every time I MGM/Epcot park hop, I always see people waiting at Riviera.

I guess rope dropping MGM isn’t bad, because I can’t imagine a lot of people from Beach Club using it. However, rope dropping Epcot, I can see that being a pain in the ass.

In February, I stayed at Beach Club and my building was close enough to the skyliner that I used it for MGM.

#571 44 days ago
    IMG_8510 (resized).jpegIMG_8510 (resized).jpeg
    #572 44 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I forgot to mention, Topolino terrace breakfast is, IMO, the best breakfast in all of Disney.
    Riviera is at a very bad spot to get to magic kingdom. I think Coronado had the best spot in all of Disney. Close enough to world drive to get to Magic Kingdom, close enough to Osceola parkway for animal kingdom, and it’s literally a couple minute bus ride to Epcot and MGM.

The bus was for riveria only, which was good considering there were at least 3 bus loads of people waiting in the morning when we left.

We stayed at the Contemporary last so that probably spoiled me in terms of getting to MK.

#573 43 days ago

Same. I live close by (~90 mins) so I am fine with popping in for a few hours, ride what ever the lines are short on, and coming back another day. Before I moved to Florida, I was in the crowd of saving up and trying to go when the crowds were the lowest, which ends up being the end of August, beginning of September. Kids in are back in school, and it is still hot out, so crowds are pretty tame. Never had a problem hitting every ride in every park in 4 to 5 days with park hopper passes.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Topolino’s is great. Their dinner was very nice and they have some good cocktails.

#574 43 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When we left AK and MK on that last trip they did a double down in the evening where we stopped at both. But with both group stops the bus wasn't completely full. Must have been tame nights.

#575 43 days ago

I found the boat trip from Wilderness Lodge to and from the Magic Kingdom to be very cathartic. It was never a long wait, and it was always a few minutes of peace.

#576 43 days ago
    Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’m cool with anyone not liking the ride or wanting to boycott it. Shorter lines for me!

Avoid the lines and go to the beach!

#577 43 days ago
    Quoted from ElectroMagnetic:Avoid the lines and go to the beach!

tumblr_f7745ca2639379e10a480dee8f0b82d9_305ed200_540.giftumblr_f7745ca2639379e10a480dee8f0b82d9_305ed200_540.gif
    #578 42 days ago
    Quoted from ElectroMagnetic:

Avoid the lines and go to the beach!

Need to wait for my boat to be delivered so I can head to Egmont Key for the beach.

#579 42 days ago

Flight is booked for Oct/Nov trip.

#580 42 days ago

Going to Disneyland in a few weeks. Will be the first time visiting Walt's park. After going to WDW so many times, interested to see how different it is.

#581 42 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Going to Disneyland in a few weeks. Will be the first time visiting Walt's park. After going to WDW so many times, interested to see how different it is.

Did you book Walt’s apartment tour?

If you didn’t, book it!!!

It’s vastly different. You’ll see they really didn’t have a long term plan for the park, but that gives it a ton of charm. Wait till you see how small fantasy land is.

What restaurants did you book?

#582 41 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did you book Walt’s apartment tour?
    If you didn’t, book it!!!
    It’s vastly different. You’ll see they really didn’t have a long term plan for the park, but that gives it a ton of charm. Wait till you see how small fantasy land is.
    What restaurants did you book?

No extra bookings yet. Anything you recommend for restaurants? Which ones are original (or semi) to the park?

#583 41 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

No extra bookings yet. Anything you recommend for restaurants? Which ones are original (or semi) to the park?

Hurry up and book Walt’s apartment tour before it fills up. It’s only around 90 minutes for the tour.

I’m dying to try Blue Bayou restaurant. I will hit that in February.
    I enjoyed Cafe Orleans.
    Carthay restaurant was awesome.
    Wine country trattoria is really good.
    Carnation cafe was good.
    Napa Rose is probably the 2nd best of theirs in the world. But I wouldn’t go with children.

Are you flying into John Wayne Airport?

Are you staying at a local hotel or a Disney one?

#584 41 days ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Glad to hear you got it back on the books!

The biggest difference I noticed was the overall stress level of the parks seemed much lower. It seemed like way fewer families wearing the matching shirts and pushing kids to the limit.

#585 41 days ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The biggest difference I noticed was the overall stress level of the parks seemed much lower. It seemed like way fewer families wearing the matching shirts and pushing kids to the limit.

And not needing the phone as much either.

#586 41 days ago

Anyone buying into the new Polynesian DVC tower? We're thinking about a small add-on contract to our AK home resort. I wish it was more heavily themed like old poly but I want something on the monorail loop and we love poly. Big family so we need a two-bedroom.

https://wdwnt.com/2024/06/first-look-inside-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-dvc-island-tower/

wdw-dvc-island-tower-polynesian-room-concept-art-3.jpegwdw-dvc-island-tower-polynesian-room-concept-art-3.jpeg

#587 41 days ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That is good to hear! WDW is becoming total stress of late.

#588 41 days ago
    Quoted from radium:

Anyone buying into the new Polynesian DVC tower? We're thinking about a small add-on contract to our AK home resort. I wish it was more heavily themed like old poly but I want something on the monorail loop and we love poly. Big family so we need a two-bedroom.
    https://wdwnt.com/2024/06/first-look-inside-guest-rooms-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-dvc-island-tower/
    [quoted image]

I think it looks like total crap. I read the rooms are smaller than other DVC rooms.

The people in charge today don’t realize what makes something special.

I just stayed at the Polynesian and I LOVE the look, feel and rooms of the resort…..just wish we still had the old rain forest.

As for a rant about the monorail loop: I feel it’s almost a waste being on the monorail, especially at Floridian. Between the scooters and strollers, the monorail is beyond packed. I had a trip where it took me almost an hour to get to magic kingdom from Floridian on the monorail. Every time one showed up, only a couple people were able to get on. I should’ve just rode the boat over.

They either need another monorail on the resort loop, or on the early morning rush have a dedicated one for poly or Floridian if contemporary over crowds it.

How many do you have that you need 2 rooms?

I just stayed in a normal sized room at Poly, that had 2 showers, 2 sinks and 1 toilet. Worked out amazingly well for 3 people.

#589 41 days ago
    IMG_8529 (resized).jpegIMG_8529 (resized).jpeg
    #590 40 days ago

LOL! Funny, but unfortunately true!

#591 35 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Hurry up and book Walt’s apartment tour before it fills up. It’s only around 90 minutes for the tour.
    I’m dying to try Blue Bayou restaurant. I will hit that in February.
    I enjoyed Cafe Orleans.
    Carthay restaurant was awesome.
    Wine country trattoria is really good.
    Carnation cafe was good.
    Napa Rose is probably the 2nd best of theirs in the world. But I wouldn’t go with children.
    Are you flying into John Wayne Airport?
    Are you staying at a local hotel or a Disney one?

Andrew Sutton continues to offer up delectable options at Napa Rose and his other options across the resort. Dining at the chefs table at Napa Rose is memorable and provides insight into the talented folks who rotate through DL's fine dining establishments.

#592 35 days ago
    Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Andrew Sutton continues to offer up delectable options at Napa Rose and his other options across the resort. Dining at the chefs table at Napa Rose is memorable and provides insight into the talented folks who rotate through DL's fine dining establishments.

I saw the chef’s tables. How does one get that?

#593 35 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I saw the chef’s tables. How does one get that?

Call at 12:01am Pacific precisely 2 months from your desired reservation date. They usually book up within minutes of being released. Or develop relationships with cast members/managers at Napa Rose.

#594 34 days ago

Been to Napa Rose and would recommend. Pretty expensive, but I would do it again. It was a great time. When I signed the check I said, “I’m keeping your pen”. Just a standard metal tube twist pen, but it’s the mauve/maroon color with gold lettering that says Napa Rose.

#595 34 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think it looks like total crap. I read the rooms are smaller than other DVC rooms.
    I just stayed at the Polynesian and I LOVE the look, feel and rooms of the resort…..just wish we still had the old rain forest.
    As for a rant about the monorail loop: I feel it’s almost a waste being on the monorail, especially at Floridian. Between the scooters and strollers, the monorail is beyond packed. I had a trip where it took me almost an hour to get to magic kingdom from Floridian on the monorail. Every time one showed up, only a couple people were able to get on. I should’ve just rode the boat over.
    They either need another monorail on the resort loop, or on the early morning rush have a dedicated one for poly or Floridian if contemporary over crowds it.
    I just stayed in a normal sized room at Poly, that had 2 showers, 2 sinks and 1 toilet. Worked out amazingly well for 3 people.

Agree, they need to clean house over there in the creative department. It doesn't feel like poly.

I have 5 kids so we always have a party of 7 minimum when we go. We had a 2-bedroom at AK last winter and it was glorious.

We might just go for more points at Old Key West, the units are huge and these would be points for summer use so its a good fit.

#596 34 days ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just got back from a week stay at the Grand Floridian and I can't say I experienced this on the monorail, the buses were a different story. Every bus to the springs was standing room only no matter what time we tried to go. I was hoping they would finally split the buses off once the tower opens but since Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge still share a bus I doubt it.

#597 34 days ago
    Quoted from radium:

Agree, they need to clean house over there in the creative department. It doesn't feel like poly.
    I have 5 kids so we always have a party of 7 minimum when we go. We had a 2-bedroom at AK last winter and it was glorious.
    We might just go for more points at Old Key West, the units are huge and these would be points for summer use so its a good fit.

Even the new cabins at Fort Wilderness don’t look right.

Beaches and Cream re-theme is so bland.

I’m not a fan of Incredibles in the Contemporary, but at least Bay Lake Tower still has really nice looking rooms.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if the people in charge know what business they’re in. The old cabins were timeless, new cabins will age poorly once the modern style is no longer the in style.

#598 33 days ago

This has been a rumor for a while now, but it's looking like it's official. While I can definitely appreciate a nice DVC lounge, I'm sad to see the Shootin' Arcade go.

Screenshot_20240614-113147 (resized).pngScreenshot_20240614-113147 (resized).png
    #599 33 days ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This has been a rumor for a while now, but it's looking like it's official. While I can definitely appreciate a nice DVC lounge, I'm sad to see the Shootin' Arcade go.
    [quoted image]

Having the public pick up rifles and start shooting at things is about as irresponsible and it can get. I can't believe they made it past the 90's.

#600 33 days ago

Yosemite Sam is sad.

There are 691 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.