C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunmonkeyaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#385 3 years ago

We are AP holders for DL and our oldest daughter (17) loves Splash Mountain and is sad that it will be re-themed because of the memories. But lately our decision to ride each trip has been based on if we want to be wet or not.
Disney said this has been in the plans. Maybe so and recent events prompted them to push it up and announce it earlier than planned. Either way it has been around quite a while and it’s time.
As a technology fan I’m excited to see what they do in there. Projection? New animatronics? Spatial audio? I like when things change and get a new experience every once in a while.

#390 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I hope they don't go that route. Universal is pushing the screens and I am not the biggest fan of it (I don't mind a little here and there).

I'm thinking along the lines of adding atmosphere. Not forefront. Or instead of projection, LED screens on a small scale of how they were used for the Mandalorian.
Have the wall behind the characters showing depth to a scene and moving slightly as you go by changing perspective and making it feel like you are really outside or in a much larger space.

3 weeks later
#443 3 years ago

We are DL pass holders. I’m a planner and like to plan way ahead for our vacations. Eases my mind knowing what we are doing. My wife and daughters let me decide and they come along. But when we go to the DLR I plan the travel and hotels and what days we’ll go but once in the parks I don’t have that planned. I enjoy just taking it in and not caring what we do. We don’t use MaxPass, just utilize fast passes and we feel out the day. We’ve done everything so much if we don’t get to something we’ll get it next time. Our last trip was in Jan and happened to be opening weekend of ROTR. Planned the trip before they announced it. Even then we figured we’d try to get a boarding pass and if not, next time. But what I hear about WDW is that it sounds like you have to plan out all the time in the parks too. Would stress me out. The cost for us to make one trip with travel and to try to do everything we’d want would cost more than our passes to DL and we (when we could) make a few trips a year. Close enough to drive and get a cheap hotel. Before everything shut down we were discussing renewing our passes or skip a year and make a WDW trip. I think I’ll stick with DL.

1 month later
#533 3 years ago

Those wraps look good but I don’t know why the Galaxy’s Edge cookbook has them so different from what’s in the park. They are really just pork loin slices with pork sausage, tangy slaw and peppercorn sauce.

FC89DB13-8B0D-4AE3-AB50-BF195B2394A2 (resized).jpegFC89DB13-8B0D-4AE3-AB50-BF195B2394A2 (resized).jpeg
8 months later
#1206 2 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

Question for the Disneyland folks-
Me and my wife are thinking about doing Disneyland Hotel / Disney in mid July. Lodging is obviously very pricy.
My question - is the Disneyland hotel worth it?

If you have the money to burn, why not. If you want to say you stayed in the Disneyland Hotel, sure. If you’re on a budget and the highlights are the parks, then nope. If you stay across the street to the east side on Harbor Blvd you are just as close as the DL Hotel to walk in at 1/2 or 1/3 the cost. As our kids got older we went further away but still could walk. Last couple trips just before shut down we stayed a little further south on Harbor for $70/night and walked to the Toy Story lot and hopped on the bus there to ride in. We have friends that go back to the hotel a few times during the day for naps and things so closer and hotel perks matter to them. We leave in the morning and don’t come back until we are done so we just need a bed. If you find a great deal too far to walk driving in and parking isn’t bad either if the savings make up for the parking costs.

4 months later
#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pricing is released for the lightning lanes.
Who here plans on using Genie plus and/or paying for the lightning lanes?

We have Magic Keys for DL and won’t get them. We go enough that we just enjoy the day and get to what we get to.
We’re planning to go to WDW in the spring and do two days per park. We may get them the second day at a park to maximize time. Already will be spending a ton so what’s another $240 bucks for the 4 of us added onto the trip?

1 week later
#1707 2 years ago

At least they made a B mode on rise. We rode opening day at DL and it was amazing except I thought it was strange that there was a dark dead room we went through before the escape pods. Wasted space. Rode it again day 2 and the animatronic Kylo was working and the scene played and it made sense then. Now that there is still a scene there when he’s down makes it at least a complete ride. Other times Kylo and Hux on bridge we static so he didn’t turn around but video played so that wasn’t too bad. Missing the briefing and transport would be rough though.

1 week later
#1728 2 years ago

Those scooters. I understand that they are required by some to get around and it’s not my place to judge who’s abusing it or not. But what gets me is the speed. At least at DL they are flying. They should be governed to a walking speed and not a sprint. We’re not running top speed around the park so slow them down so I don’t get run over. Maybe when you pay for Genie+ it can unlock lightning speed.

1 month later
#1828 2 years ago

We go to DL every 2-3 months so we won’t get Genie+ there. No big deal if we don’t get to something. Only way would be if we go with friends who want to get it so we can keep the group together. But even then for $80 for us maybe we’ll just meet back up after they ride.
We have a late April into May trip to WDW and we are doing two days per park. All four the first week then again the second week. We are only going to get it for the second day at a park if we need to to get to everything since we don’t know when we’ll be back. The only one I think we’d maybe need it is Magic kingdom. Hopefully it’s not too busy.

1 month later
#2084 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

My guess is that "single rider" often means they let him cut.

Single Rider is the only way the 4 of us do it now since our kids are older (teens). There a couple weeks ago and Racers was 70min wait and we waited only a couple minutes for single rider. Use it for Matterhorn too. Was about 15 min vs over an hour in standby. We often end up with a couple of us together in the same car and bobsled anyway.

1 month later
#2241 2 years ago

We have our first ever trip planned for end of April. Four of us, kids are teens. We were looking at staying off property and renting a car but since it’s our first time we decided to pay the price and stay on property so we’ll be in the bubble. 2 weeks at Pop, 2 days at each park and resort hopping the days in between. If we go back in the future we’ll most likely stay off property then but for the experience we are going with it. We have dining reservations some nights but not in the parks. We are going to focus on attractions and pack a lunch on park days. With flights, transportation from airport and a 1 day car rental for a beach day we are in about 7500 thus far before we even get to food and miscellaneous. Yikes.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

We have stayed at Pop a lot so a couple suggestions.
Only stay in the 60s by the pool if you want crazy loud music playing everyday that you will be able to hear from inside your room from 9am till 9 or 10pm.
The 50s is our favorite section as it’s still close to food and buses and Skyliner, it’s quiet, and it has the bowling pin pool right there. 70s is the same distance but on the other side and you don’t get your own pool.
Sebastians at Caribbean Beach is a great Resturant and you can hop there with the skyliner. You can also see the Epcot fireworks from the dock right there.
If they have brought back their full menu, the food at Art of Animation is pretty good, this summer they hadn’t yet, and it’s a nice easy walk there across the bridge.
You aren’t supposed to use the pools at other resorts but we have used Art of Animations pools while staying at Pop and never had a problem.
Did you book the regular rate for the room or did you get one of their “sales” they call them special offers? Not sure what they are offering right now, but if you booked before a sale and then they come out with a special offer for the dates you are booked you can usually rebook with the new cheaper rate.

Thanks for the suggestions. We had made a request for 50s building lakeside so we’ll see what we get.
In our plans we’ll be checking out Caribbean Beach around lunchtime but Sebastian’s is only open for dinner so we have other plans then but if things change well maybe get to it.
We booked through one of the popular travel companies. Cost the same as direct through Disney and they keep on eye on the specials and rebook if it’s better. None have applied to us to make it better. They helped with ADRs to make sure we got what we wanted and have helped take some of the stress off the planning. I like the planning but since we’ve never been our agent has answered all the questions I’ve had that I was confused on.

4 weeks later
#2454 2 years ago

Our family joke has always been that Mom and Dad are going to Disneyland and the kids just get to come along. They’re teens now and we’re going to WDW for the first time. Leave in 6 days.
We’ll still go long after they’ve moved out.

1 week later
#2556 1 year ago

At WDW now for 1st ever visit and having a great time. Done MK and Epcot so far and visited most resorts. HS tomorrow and AK Friday. Then doing all 4 again next week. Staying at Pop.
Went to the arcade while waiting on laundry and pins are horrible. Guardians, Star Wars, Tron and X-men. Flippers weak. Balls get stuck behind missing rubbers. Tron had 12 credits but couldn’t find balls to start.
Readers all said free but couldn’t start a game except X-Men. I power cycled Star Wars then it gave a credit and play with a single flipper. Sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunmonkeyaz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=sunmonkeyaz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.