C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#93 4 years ago

I loved the Horizons ride. Just watch the linked documentary, so incredible and so sad.

Thanks for sharing.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from madscientist101:

That’s actually not correct... you still have to buy park admission haha it’s Disney.... But once inside everything is free from food to anything in the shops. You also get 2 guides that basically do anything you want and get anything you want..

The $12K gets you anything in the shops? Like merch or you mean just food?

This sounds awesome!

5 months later
#428 3 years ago

My family and I are huge Disney fans. I feel like it started to go downhill with the introduction of Magic bands. In the past, you could 'work' and pick up a ton of fastpasses throughout the day if you planned and were willing to walk. Now you have to preschedule everything which is great if you are new or lazy, but penalizes the die hard fans IMHO.

I also liked giving away our unused printed fastpasses to strangers if we decided to cut out early or had a change in plans.

4 months later
#696 3 years ago

Anyone know if the transportation center at WDW is running or did they shut that down?

5 months later
#1147 2 years ago

I have known about this a few years now. My wife hates it when I do it...but hey... a free tshirt is a free tshirt.

2 weeks later
#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Has anyone been to Disney Tokyo? My twin boys will be 15 next year, I don't mind splurging a little on the next annual vacation, there aren't many left that they will be kids. One of my boys is really into the Japanese culture. Disney wouldn't be the only focus of the trip, but it would be a good starting point. We priced it briefly and it didn't seem like a whole lot more than a Disney World trip.

We have visited all the Disney parks in the world with the exception of Shanghai. (trip was cancelled due to covid.) We are big Disney fans and have visited the US ones over 50 times. We have been to Disney Tokyo. While it has the Disney name, it is a totally different experience than the US parks (not just a cultural thing). Disney Sea was an amazing experience for us and highly recommended. Early admission for staying at the onsite hotel is just 5 mins. That's a 5 min early entry vs US magic hours which are at least 1 hour (when they had them). We thought what good is 5 mins? Boy were we wrong. Those 5 mins make a world of difference.

Just from our experience, Disney Hong Kong was the best by far. Their rides were way more amped up than any other place. The big thunder mountain ride is the best ride in any Disney park we have visited. So if you are going to head that far, perhaps a stop in Hong Kong is warranted.

My wife and I have even talked about beating the record of visiting every Disney park in the world in under 75 hours. We are waiting for our kids to leave for college before we attempt it.

2 months later
#1367 2 years ago

I am thinking about visiting Disneyland in a few weeks. Has anyone been recently? How are the lines? How's the atmosphere?

#1371 2 years ago

I am set for DL next week!

First time I have been in 2 years. How is the new Spiderman ride?

#1375 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's basically a Dave and Busters level video game. Go in with low expectations.

Darn it. I had high expectations. I guess I would rather be disappointed now than after the ride.

#1398 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. We did Rise of the Resistance today with Spiderman (hopefully) queued up for tomorrow. I am at Disneyland now and boy is it hot! Getting up to 95 today. Lines aren't that bad. Wait times are about 50% of what I remember pre covid.

I was hoping to escape some Texas heat but I guess I brought it with me.

#1401 2 years ago

Spidey ride was better than I thought due to having low expectations from everyone's feedback. My arms were tired at the end.

I wish I could ride it again and enjoy the experience a little more.

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I rode it three times with my 4 year old, and she loved it. Easily her favorite ride. I enjoyed it from that perspective, watching how excited she was to sling webs, but it was ultimately a video game to me. She hated rise of the resistance (was too scary for her). I would have liked to ride that one again, but she wasn't having it.

How did were you able to ride it 3 times? Is that across 3 different days?

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

We did Disneyland with hoppers for three days. We literally ride rotr and Spider-Man 6 times. We hit the lotto early enough each day to reenlist at noon and hit then too. Both great rides.

Disney wouldn't let me hit the same ride twice in a day. So if we got Spidey in the morning, we could only do ROTR later. Couldn't do Spidey twice in the same day. I guess you alternated all 3 days to ride 6 times total? Not 6 times Spidey, 6 times ROTR right?

1 month later
#1505 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

To add on to the big people at Disney. I go down for the races. It’s amazing that at 5am, you see mostly healthy people. Then in the parks later in the day, all the obese people.
What’s really cool with the races, I love wearing my dopey medal and having people congratulate me. It’s awesome.

I would love to see a pic of the dopey medal.

#1514 2 years ago

Do I have to finish the race to get one? Lol

Those look awesome!

1 week later
#1631 2 years ago

Has anyone here ever done a VIP tour? If so, how was it? Do you think it was worth it?

#1637 2 years ago
Quoted from jbecker36:

We've done it a few times. My family actually has two VIP tours booked for this weekend. It is hard to say something that expensive is "worth it," but having done it, I see the value. I continue to recommend VIP tours to others as well, especially while COVID precautions are still in place. It isn't the same Disney experience you are accustomed to, but it is still magical through a different lens. The access and level of service are unparalleled. You will legitimately do more in a single day than in four other days combined. In our last VIP tour, we hit all four parks in one day, and had enough time to ride a couple of rides more than once.
It will cost roughly as much as a new Stern pin. If that price point is acceptable to you, pull the trigger.

I would love to hear if the GENIE + will affect the VIP experience as it starts tomorrow. Please let me know how this weekend goes.

Also do you normal max out the VIP hours at 10 per day? I know the minimum is 7. How do you handle food if you go 10 hours? Is it just all counter service? Or do you do mobile phone service? I am also thinking of having the guide meet us at the park vs. Hotel to maximize time. Any other tips/hints would be appreciated!

We just booked the VIP tour for our December trip today!

#1663 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Ive always wanted to do the Tokyo parks

The Tokyo parks are really good.

Disney HK has the best Big Thunder Mountain ride by far. On your way to Japan, you have to make a pit stop there.

3 weeks later
#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Definitely John Wayne. LAX is a nightmare all the time and John Wayne is usually devoid of people during slow hours. Also look into the Candy Cane Inn right down the road (walking distance) from the entrance to the park. It's supposed to be one of the best small hotels in the area and usually sells out first when I go there for NAMM shows at the convention center. Ride the Matterhorn for me. Almost 60 years old. Still awesome.

Candy Cane use to have free popcorn too in the rooms. My kids loved that.

#1790 2 years ago

If money were no object, concierge level @ Grand California.

Not sure if covid has affected it, but I love their PB&J sandwiches. Yummy!

1 month later
#1833 2 years ago

For anyone considering paying for the VIP GUIDE:

Just got back from DW a few days ago. It was the first time we took the 7 hour VIP tour. There was 8 of us.

We did 15 rides and visited all four parks. The standby time for the 15 rides totaled 21 hours if we stood in the standby line for those rides. We also probably saved a few hours just traveling between parks as our guide just drove us from park to park in a van often parking within a few mins walk of the ride itself.

While it was great to be able to walk onto any ride with very short wait, we are still undecided whether it was worth the cost.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I doubt I could ever justify the cost, but I'll never do the vip tour simply because the last time I was at Disneyland I saw a group on a vip tour and the plaid tour guide was this really unpleasant woman with a constant scoul on her face and it made me think about how unpleasant it would be if you had to spend an entire day with someone like that. I'm assuming that you don't get to request a certain guide, right? How did you feel talking with your group with someone listening in the whole time?

We filled out a questionnaire before we left. We requested someone who could move as fast as us. I wanted to see how many rides we could squeeze in our allotted time.

We did notice other families with small children. Their guides were mostly there to babysit and push the stroller. Our guide told us each guide has their own preferences and they try to match that up with the families. To answer your question directly, you can choose a specific guide. This was our first time so we didn't know anyone.

My family are die hard Disney fans. When we visit, we are always in the "Dumbo Do or Die" mode. That's how we enjoy Disney. It's a game to be played with the lines.

I always like talking to any guides to try to get the inside scoop on things. For example he told me if we are ever in a line that 'splits' into 2 lanes, which lane to pick.

I ended up talking more to the guide than my family.

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

What is the cost?

It varies by the day so you have to check their website.

You pay a set cost for up to 10 people.

#1839 2 years ago

We spent 4 days at WDW. So we experienced all the pre ride stuff on all the rides. We did the tour on our last day to be able to throughly enjoy not waiting in lines plus we had tired feet by then.

We pretty much cut to the front of the line everytime.

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Tired feet?
I’m running the dopey and doing the parks for 10 days.

I would be curious to hear how many steps you take per day at the park on non running days.

#1843 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Tuesday when I fly in, I go straight to Epcot around 10am. I stay until 5pm. Go get dinner, bed at 7pm.
Wednesday, I wake up at 2am. Stretch, shower and eat. (Same routine until after races are over). Then at 3am, I walk around the resort for 4 hours. Come back to room, shower. Go to expo. Back to room, in animal kingdom by 11. Eating dinner there, in bed by 7pm.
Thursday, 5K run. MGM studios at 8:30. Eating dinner there. Bed by 7pm.
Friday, 10K run. Magic Kingdom at 8:30am. Eating dinner at Dolphin hotel. In bed by 7pm.
Saturday, half marathon. I hang around resort and walk around a little. In bed at 7pm.
Sunday, full marathon. In Magic Kingdom around 3pm. There till close.
Monday 8:30 till close at magic kingdom.
Tuesday, 8:30 till close at MGM.
Wednesday, 9:30 till close at Epcot.
Thursday, 8:30 till 5pm at animal kingdom. Back to resort to catch taxi to airport.

This time we averaged 35,000 steps a day. So about 15 to 16 miles per day.

Flat feet + Temps in the 80s with 80% humidity + 2 plus hour long wait times for certain rides = tired feet for me.

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

So we used Genie+ at Disneyland the first 3 days it was available. First day was a bomb but the next 2 days worked pretty well.
One thing that is a major difference between Genie+ and fast pass
You can only use the genie+ option and lane one time per ride per day.
We used to bounce around and pick up fast passes all day long doing multiple rides on the bigger ticket rides
But no longer ....
I really hope they change this

I totally agree. Bring back the physical fastpass!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marioparty34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=marioparty34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.