C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#877 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Fact.
Not only does the new version suck beyond all that sucks on earth, but they cut the ride length in half[quoted image][quoted image]

and they took out The Dreamfinder (voiced by the late Chuck McCann) and re-voiced Figment as well (And apparently took out most of the Animatronics in the attraction!

#880 3 years ago

Oops, I thought this was linked to another post. Journey into Imagination. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/17#post-6100477

The attraction has literally had the life sucked out of it.

#895 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you hear, they took out the flying saucers too. I know a guy so old, he actually rode those.
[quoted image]

And then brought did another version of it as Luigi's Tire ride in California Adventure. That didn't even last as long as the Flying Sauces did in Tomorowland.

#897 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

... And for those that don't remember, Carousel of Progress was originally at DL in the late 60s.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
BZZZZ! Wrong. It was originally at the 1964-65 World Fair in Flushing New York as part of the Progress Land pavilion. It came to Disneyland in 1967.

4 months later
#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

short answer - no
There are other properties walking distance from the parks too. It used to be that all the closest were motel style, but more properties are opening all the time that are in close proximity. Even the walk to the convention center hotels is perfectly managable. The tiki bar is amazing - but is open to everyone.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Aww, c'mon, now...Anaheim isn't that bad at all. Palm tree-lined streets, nice restaurants, the convention center right next door.

A lot of the old motels in the area are gone and there are lots of newer hotels along Katella Ave. and Harbor Blvd. that have replaced them near both the Resort and the Anaheim Convention Center.
The Convention Centre is across the street from the resort BTW.

2 months later
#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Does Disney have Spider-man ride rights now?

At Disney California Adventure's Avengers Campus is the Spiderman ride Web-Slingers.

1 month later
3 months later
#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

At least the guy in the park didn't have holes cut because of nipple rub
[quoted image]
For non-runners out there, it is an issue for many distance runners. You sweat, it evaporates, and you shirt is now rubbing against a raw small cross section of skin for hours. You see a few guys with bloody nipples after every long race.
[quoted image]

Wasn't "Bloody Nipples" an Alternative band from the early '90s?

1 week later
#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

As it stands, Star tours is the only attraction that has any representation of the original star wars trilogy at all. So I like it just for that fact alone. It would be easy and quick to re theme it to something else, though.

The ride system was already used in an attraction in Epcot in the Wonders of Life Pavilion. It was called Body Wars. I rode in back in 1992 and thought over all it was better than the original Star tours (I haven't ridden Star Tours the Adventure Continues)
The effects and motion was much better. this video is a comlete review of the attraction including the pre-show.

#2059 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Is polishing medals code for applying body glide to chaffed nipples from distance running?

Patrick Stewart Reaction.gifPatrick Stewart Reaction.gif
#2060 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

If there was a contest that the winner could bring back one ride to Disney (from any park), I would pick Horizons. I remember the first time I went on it as a kid and could not get enough of that ride. I miss the old Imagination, I miss World of Motion, I miss Food Rocks (or even older, the Kitchen Cabaret), I miss the groovy music from the Universe of Energy (also the spinning squares on the wait room movie)..... but Horizons I miss the most
Groovy music before you disembarked:

The right answer is the original Journey Into Imagination. I've seen videos of the dumbed down version.

No offense to Eric Idle, but the new version is nowhere as good than it was in it's original incarnation and voiced by Chuck McCann and Billy Barty.

#2061 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Fun fact, the original Star Tours was narrated by Paul Reubens , AKA PeeWee Herman

At about 1:06 is a model of the Mighty Microscope from Adventures Thru Inner Space at Disneyland (which Star Tours replaced).
I know it's old news and a photo appeared in Starlog magazine shortly after the ride opened, but a lot of people now a days have never seen it.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 months later
#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Best Pixar movie, in my opinion. Seems like Disney downplays it now since it made fun of fat asses.

I like to call the a "Fatty on a Rascal". And it's not just at Disney or other theme parks. You run into these Lazy ass people in stores, swap-meets, convention centers and so on. And using a scooter instead of walking just makes their health worse.
Then there's the people with "Support Animals".*

* ... and to be clear, I mean the ones that aren't for vision or hearing impaired people, or others have valid TRAINED support animals.

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

There will always be a segment of the population who are in desperate need of a good beating.

Especially the ones that keep hitting the horn button on their "Mobility Scooter" to try and make everyone get out of their way.

#2416 2 years ago

All this talk about Disney and those of you that went to Wondercon and nobody mentioned that Orange County Pinballs was at Wondercon:
0CABF07B-F2A8-4E14-B718-F0D68A97E0A9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0CABF07B-F2A8-4E14-B718-F0D68A97E0A9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
D5360E68-B23C-46DE-8464-394B9EC8B4CC_1_105_c (resized).jpegD5360E68-B23C-46DE-8464-394B9EC8B4CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2508 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I mean, that's basically what it was, they just didn't end up using alien-with-a-capital-A.

Quite a change fro the old Mission to Mars / Flight to the Moon attraction(s)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider girloveswaffles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=girloveswaffles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.