C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pedleboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#268 4 years ago

The wife and I booked a week trip to WDW the 2nd week of November because the crowds are lower that time of year. I'm pretty sure that strategy is blown.
D.

1 week later
#277 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you do, and the world is normal, your timing might overlap with IAPPA trade show and/or Freeplay.
IAPPA is a must, at least once, if it interests you.

I actually do a lot of design work for Disney and Universal. I've been to IAPPA many times and try to stay away of trade shows if I'm not working. Although NAB and INFOCOMM have been canceled this year, so I'll have the lowest trade show attendance in over a decade.
D.

1 month later
#317 3 years ago

We just booked restaurants Monday morning (180 days out) and arrive Nov 7th. We have no idea what is going to happen in 6 months but we have to plan like we're going. One question I haven't seen answered....how do they have reduced capacity (say 50%) if the hotels are filled to say 75%? How do they choose who gets in? Waiting in huge cues outside the parks before rope drop isn't a feasible option. I'm hoping people are scared (and there isn't a big outbreak) in November and we have the park to ourselves.
D.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Restaurants? The food and wine festival is the way to go for dinner every night.

I TOTALLY agree with this. We booked California Grill for a fireworks time and my wife really wants to go to Jiko. We also booked Rose and Crown for Harmonious.

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

People staying on grounds get priority. Also there's not nearly enough on site hotel rooms to fill all four parks at the same time. Even at 1/3 capacity, you are looking at 15000-20000 people per park with four parks (I will assume the water parks will stay closed longer). Your early November time frame usually is a nice time to go. I've been down there a couple times around then and it's been fairly nice (crowd size and weather). Who knows how it will be after this craziness

We originally booked that time because of the weather and crowds. No telling what it will be like now if they are even open. Fingers crossed it's open and empty.
D.

1 month later
#352 3 years ago

We're going at the beginning of nov. I got our park reservations pretty easily Monday around 9am. We haven't decided if we're going to cancel or not, there is still plenty of time. This is my wives first real Disney trip and we want the full experience......especially for the cost. Park hopping is one of the best parts of a Disney trip. Sucks
D.

1 month later
#460 3 years ago

Right now we are still booked to arrive November 7th. There is no way we are going though. Does anyone know the runs for canceling? We can get the hotel money back but what about tickets? We booked this year and November specifically to try and not go during crowded times. There is no way were going next year. With the 50th anniversary and hopefully COVID being over, it's going to be nutz.
D.

2 months later
#591 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm absolutely gutted that NAMM is cancelled this year. I so look forward to my annual Anaheim trip so I can visit the rat and have a turkey leg. I can't wait to get back there in 2022 when California (hopefully) regains some semblance of sanity.

I also look forward to leaving freezing Maine for southern California mid-January for NAMM every year.
D.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pedleboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=Pedleboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.