C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#24 4 years ago

Highly recommend booking Sci-Fi Dinner at MGM studios, as soon as possible.
Sweet dining with the Kids.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/sci-fi-dine-in-theater/

Enjoy Indiana show at Dusk....Show is outstanding with Sunset and Darkness for Special effects.
Thrill rides line up fast, some character shows, like Mermaid, have been cut down to under 15 minutes,
which is disappointing to Adults.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

For Myself, we still have family employed there, but go only once every couple years.
We were reminiscing with family this weekend....Coming to Disney in 1973. Working and meeting my wife
there in 1976. Working Parades, Characters, Haunted Mansion, and 20,000 Leagues.
even watched and old vid of my brother when he played Indiana Jones, opening years!
Now its time to do again with Grandkids!

#107 4 years ago

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Coming to Walt Disney World Resort

1 week later
#205 4 years ago

Boy, reading these posts sure shows how much can change in one lifetime!

I applaud the planning and tenacity to make the time one has at Disney/Orlando area
as full as possible.

I do worry a bit, about the consensus of over crowded parks.
But in the 70s, it still was an hour or two wait for the Swiss family Treehouse or Tikibirds...both considered minor, and 3 hours to get on the Haunted Mansion!

What do you think about going back to original ride tickets? Buy for only what you want to ride...
Would this help crowding?

1 month later
#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Pedleboy:

The wife and I booked a week trip to WDW the 2nd week of November because the crowds are lower that time of year. I'm pretty sure that strategy is blown.
D.

If you do, and the world is normal, your timing might overlap with IAPPA trade show and/or Freeplay.
IAPPA is a must, at least once, if it interests you.

1 month later
#303 3 years ago

"The CityWalk portion will reopen on Thursday with select venues operating from 4 to 10 p.m. daily. All visitors will be required to wear masks and are subject to temperature checks on arrival, the company said."

#313 3 years ago

Its really quite a mess at Theme Parks, behind the scenes, with Furloughs, and even many in Full time Management being let loose. There is consolidation, and Trimming, all the way through Marvel in NY offices, to CA and Florida.
Its not a pretty picture, as I hear from family and friends on the inside. Even these executives are unsure of their future.
Regardless, the front image, the Parks, the Experience, many different ideas are being explored.
Like Disney China with masks, the Parks are requesting them, but Politics has polarized this.

Here in Florida, we are all watching, as others have said, who will be the guinea pigs to test safety.
The Tourist area here Job and business, are devastated.

1 month later
#361 3 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

If I lived 10 miles from Orlando and could make numerous low cost mini-trips throughout the year, my attitude would be different....

People in Central Florida Appreciate the Visitors, and the Economic Help.
Right now, Disney is behind the scenes, a bit of a disaster.
I wont go into details, but family is upper HR.
Even at 10 Miles away, I havent been to Disney world in almost 12 years.
Normally, we would go when its cooler, less people, and before the clocks change in fall, up to IAPPA in
early Nov.
A 3 week period is what we have found left.

Still a great vacation for the family, but looking at today and the Summer....Yikes! a bit scary with the numbers we see,

4 weeks later
#399 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

All reports seem to indicate they are really struggling and having internal disagreements. Not good.

There is a lot of excess career management with nice salaries on the block next...They already thinned the park workers.
The economic impact on a city that depends on Tourism, and Tourism tax in its budget has issues.
However, its the Disney Bubble here in Orlando, so it isnt talked about.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's funny, when this all started, many of us Disney fans thought they would lead the way. We had just become DVC members, and were confident that they would stay classy and do the right thing.
Now here we are, and almost every single move they have made has been a disappointment. Obviously leadership is lacking, and the old ways of running the business are long gone. IDK what the future brings.

Some of its political.....The Corp publicly stands to the left, but much of the local middle and upper management are
distinctly right. So policy,..... policy from the state, Corp in Ca, vs Local to the right.
Everyone trying to keep their jobs....Many live in Windermere.....Expensive lifestyle, and homes.

Its very messy right now as I hear from friends and family that still work there.

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

......But hey... At least they have money to retheme splash mountain. Really shows where their priorities are.

Minimal Cost.....People have been complaining about it for years....since it opened.

#416 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

How do you know what it costs? In all likelihood it will be tens of millions of dollars for each coast for a company in the red right now.

When it was originally built, along with employment as lead attorney building Universal, That was my brothers Job.
My sister in law was at top of imagineering at the time. She heads HR Now, Plus we have some fellow pinheads as long time employees, as well as my wife and I meeting each other as employees of Disney.
When the ride was at the stage of Concept, and decision, there was much discussion, some public and local, on using Song of the south.
Changing Figures and sound track, while everything is already built, isnt that expensive compared to building the whole ride.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

People complain about a lot of shit. What's next, rethemeing the Hall of Presidents? Actually they f'd up when they changed Pirates of the Carribean, another useless move all to revise history and make sure everyone is 'comfortable". But those issues are a drop in the barrel compared to all of the other misfires. Just the DVC alone has been a clusterfuck for the last few years. Rivera restrictions? Now that isn't selling? Yeah, no shit.

Rides change all the time, along with consumers.....Do you see the same rides as it opened?
20,000 leagues was a decision about cost and long lines. many disagreed.
Mr. Toad. The Emporium, Mars, Segway, and on...Not all are political, or SJW.
Many are to believe they are driving new traffic.
Universal does the same. Back to the Future Gone, Jimmy Neutron, Jaws, Ghostbusters, Twister, Alfred Hitchcock,
all changed for reasons NOT related to Politics.....

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That still doesn't mean it's not expensive. Even if it's $20 million instead of $200 million, the argument here is that it's $20 million they don't have to retheme a ride that most people love while laying people off. Is getting rid of a bunch of cartoon animals from a movie that you have to argue paragraphs to make out to be racist, that most people have never even seen or know about, just to appease a small crowd of keyboard activists that are going to continue going to the parks anyways... Really worth it?
Of course not.

Fair enough that in your opinion you dont want or like the changes, No issues respecting your opinion.
As well as respecting your decision to not visit, or to to go on that ride.

As far as cost, a repeated number from Barnes, at the NYTimes, are the estimate often quoted.
Ill ask family on Saturday about the budget allocated, if they know, but certainly they were involved in the Building and retheming of rides at all levels.
Regardless of that number. Ill respect you feel that isnt the wisest thing to do with their money right now, and Im not arguing or disagreeing with your opinion.
You are their customers, and as much they should hear you as well.

Its more like after 40 years here, when I see the thread and comments, I dont often share.
Disney is an illusion, a Vacation, a Money machine and a business in the community.
Sometimes its great, sometimes its not.
Its in our backyard, so to speak, and I have spent my lifetime involved with it.
I am sorry I dont see it as others may......Your time, and money for a family vacation.

I havent bought a ticket since 1975. Until recently, I would go in with family employees,
or as a Disney Vendor for my customer, now retired this year, in the Pearl Factory.
(as well as all the trinkets in metal jewelry for kids in all the shops, manufactured by a friend)

3 weeks later
#474 3 years ago

My apologies for my ignorance, because I live there.

Condos, and Houses are renting for $60-$100 a night, within 20 minutes of Disney Front Gate.
What is the Advantage of Disney Club/Points/Monthly fees?

No disrespect meant, I honestly dont know the short answer to this.

3 weeks later
#497 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Literally no evidence of spread at WDW. Why hurt people, jobs, and the economy unnecessarily. Just out of an “abundance of caution?” That time has passed. Time to get back to helping all people live, not just keeping a very few from dying.

There is no monitoring of the virus from guests who are out of State and leave.
In state guests, are not being traced to this extant, and any info is being kept hidden from Public Data.
So, No looking for evidence, does agree, with what you say, but it doesnt mean it isnt happening.
Everyone being safe as possible, is simply your risk, not Disneys.

My Brother is now going into the Parks, for Work and Pleasure, But I wont.
We have different risks, which I believe is what many feel is the "line"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/workers-reveal-disney-is-covering-up-its-covid-cases

(This is one story.....Orlando news, shares none, but I hear stories weekly from Family)

Disney is doing a great job, on behalf of its guests, a bit less for its workers....

2 weeks later
#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

We are going to the Orlando Informer Meetup at universal for 2 days then hitting the greatest place on earth for 4 days in November :}.The Universal thing is a after hour event they do a few times a year from what I understand.Has anyone heard if Disney is going to have extended after hours for park guest this holiday season ? And if anyone has any must go to restaurants let me know. I think the biggest reason we are going is for another Dole Whip,yumm

If Boma is open, and running full, they run a buffett loaded with favorites plus an assortment of African, and Americanized African foods. No risk, as you can sample on your plate some amazing spices and tastes.
Wandering the lodge is a joy, and the windows and outdoor area open to view Giraffes, and other animals.
They run a large fire pit, when its cooler.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/boma-flavors-of-africa/

If you are leaving the property, try the restaurants on Sand Lake Road, on the west side of I-4, its where the locals, executives,
and the rich and famous that live there often dine......many choices, and IMO, a big difference from I-Drive.

2 weeks later
#593 3 years ago

If you want to Monitor your trip to Florida, here is the best website for info, based on the release of Data from the Govt, via telecheck out of PA. You can read further on the debates, regarding how numbers are reported these days.
They have a mobile app as well, search by County.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

It also links to a site that tracks every school district in the US.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

They’re doing a lot of contact tracing now. It would be super easy to connect the dots with major spreading events for “people in wdw” in a given timeframe. There is not one reported connection (that I’ve heard of). Not to be argumentative, but I really believe covid is no reason to keep a major employer closed for half a year. If we can’t keep people safe at DL, how about Costco? It’s tragic that CA is so anti business.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find anything on the net regarding contact tracing at Disney World. Could you share more?

1 week later
#692 3 years ago

Still Have Mine from 1972 Trip!
(googled image)

2 months later
#762 3 years ago

This isnt meant to rain on anyones parade. Certainly, in Orlando and Florida, the Economy appreciates the Tourist revenue.
However, we do know as a state, that the numbers are manipulated and censored on purpose.
Second, As Eric Mentions, Disney does not release numbers. Posted Hospital Numbers are off from Reality.
Here, the Hospitals close to Disney, are swamped. Sometimes 3x -4x, greater than Hospitals 10 miles away.

This doesnt mean Disney isnt doing the most amazing Job to keep people safe, but its still there at a greater number than anything you will hear or find.
If one is Young, Healthy, Follows all Safety, its pretty safe, but for those at High risk, or simply not wanting the odds, its personal.

At one end of town, its like 25 People infected 1%, of 25,000
By Disney, its between 50, and 75 people, out of 25,000.

In that huge park, think of the odds that you might be within infection distance, and protocol, to 50-60 people who are walking around
that could infect you. Its low, I grant you, and I feel mostly safe, but still, the virus is there.

Now we have new strains, that spread faster, expected to take over the country in the next 90 days, and another from S.Africa/Brazil.
So its a Choice. These concern me more going forward.

I personally feel, that the odds go up by large factors, at the local restaurants and smaller businesses.

But the big thing is asymptomatic catching and spreading to family, elders, and others, without knowing.

Here, if one can, we just avoid the whole area.

1 week later
#792 3 years ago

Not sure what the kid did, but at 16, I played Pluto a couple times.....People werent nice back then either. Poked, Kicked, Tail pulled,
cursed at....that was considered normal.

#900 3 years ago

Its a Blast for me to hear how others view the "Disney Magic".

If this interests anyone, take a peak at Luna Park, at Coney Island. There is also links for Dreamland as well at Bottom.
Plenty of videos too.
Disney took his ideas from here, and rides like 20,000 Leagues were around over 100 years ago!
Some of the personal rides are scary to even imagine!

https://www.heartofconeyisland.com/luna-park-coney-island.html

Ive ridden the an original Steeple Chase, has anyone else?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#910 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do you remember what it was like, ya geezer? When did you go?

Smart. Pirates World in Dania, off Sheridan Blvd in Lauderdale had brought down the Coney Island Steeple Chase Ride.
I rode it in the early 70s, with my brother....Need to dig up the home movies.

I remembered being scared like nothing else! I loved roller coasters!
But this was a Loose horse with a worn loose leather belt strap and me hanging on to dear life.
It was so fast and wobbly, I would fall to the side of the horse, and nearly lost my Head!

Memories of Disney being built as well, but more so Universal Studios, as I had a store across the street, and my Brother
was lead construction/contract attorney.
I sure wish I had taken pictures, (which werent allowed), but every couple days, Id walk the studios from ground clearing
to construction. Through my brother, I run into the heads of Disney and Universal, and made friends and enemies with the likes of Tom Williams and Family, Gary Shaken in Merchandising, Robert Earl from Hard Rock.
Seems like Yesterday!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#914 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wow! How interesting - did your brother have any dealings with Roy back then?

I started working with Disney in 1975, Same a same as my brother. I was in the Bicentennial Parade, and he hopped around from 20,000 Leagues, to Parade control.
When he went back as Lead attorney, in 1988 to Universal, He played Indiana Jones in the Stunt Spectacular the first year for a few months, as his contract work slowed, and he wanted to have fun. We tease him about it often.
In 1991 to to Disney, Roy was long gone. He did Televison Production for Disney running the dept, I believe.

I went to a few of the "upper management" Parties, but never fit in with the suits.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow that's amazing. I heard rumors that the ride went down to Florida but had never seen any evidence it actually operated. I believe it got sent BACK to Coney in the 1970s as one of the ride operators there had hopes of resurrecting it but it never happened.

Yeah, I heard that too. Pirates world had an auction, and I think that made the news.
Likely in a Warehouse in Brooklyn somewhere.

Heres a vid of it running at Pirates World:

Another Florida Park was Marco Polo World.....Any Disney Fans visit that in the 70s?

2 months later
#1044 3 years ago

Its a Problem All over Orlando.

Simply put, a Part time worker here, receiving unemployment benefits, and Federal Payments, are making 20%-30% More to stay Home.
Sept 1st, is when this "ends", right now.

Plan to go during IAPPA!

2 months later
#1230 2 years ago

No more Covid Data from the state, as it welcomes flights from India, Europe, and Brazil.....

Id love to go, as its a short drive, but I think Ill wait a bit.

#1240 2 years ago

IAPPA scheduled this year! Great to be Back if it fits your Disney plans.

Tue, Nov 16, 2021 – Fri, Nov 19, 2021

2 months later
#1333 2 years ago

Shortly, I-4, The Highway running through Otown and Disney will be opening PAY LANES.
The cost to use these 2 exclusive lanes will vary in cost based on Traffic, and time of day.

No Fast Pass on the Roads either.

#1347 2 years ago

We often chat here, that it would be better to go to old ticket books, or Phone App.

1 month later
#1477 2 years ago

Its interesting for me to follow this thread.

Even though Im there whenever I wish, we simply find ourselves going only a couple times every few years.
Im sure, there will be more as my Granddaughter gets older.

I saw on the News that the Average Hotel cost for the upcoming Holidays is $500-$600 a Night around the country

What do you guys see out there, looking and booking in Otown, this Holiday season?

#1560 2 years ago

One of our favorites, is Boma, at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Its a Buffet, loaded with unique tastes of African food.
Not sure if they are flying in So e of the Vegetables, etc., but plenty to sample and for the kids.

While waiting, or after dinner, some of the animals are available for Hotel and fire pit walk area.

Heres some of the menu they have up now.

Spice road table has always great at Epcot.

1 week later
#1674 2 years ago

Theres Tons of Space for Disney to develop, but it will be quite some time.
There are also plenty of plans that exist in early stages.

We have had quite a few theme parks, that never came to life.

There was a single worlds tallest tower coaster, at the end of Sandlake,
a Raceworld/Nascar World, A Paramount/Star Trek theme Park in Arizona,
that all didnt come to life. Right now, there is a Bible World going through the motions in AZ.

Over the years, dozens of projects, in Orlando, that didnt come alive.

Its interesting family conversation here, with my brother having been lead contract attorney
for Universal construction, and at Disney. I enjoyed visiting daily, as Universal was being built,
and I had a store across the street.

3 weeks later
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:We are going to stay at our new condo for a few days, and not visit any of the WDW parks this trip. Probably do Sea World, the Space Center, Disney Springs, etc.

Freeplay show and IAPPA this week in Orlando.

1 month later
#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Heading to Disney World Jan 22. Can anybody that is there tell me what the weather is like? I see online it's in the 60s? What kind of clothes should I be packing?

Shorts and Short Sleeves, because it can be as High as the 80s here, but at Night, or with a cold front we can hit the 50s.
So bring Long Pants and shirts too.

An extreme cold front will take us lower. There can be a 5-10 degree difference, an Hour from disney, in temp, depending on direction (N/S).

No Need for a heavy jacket...2 layers work 98%.

Trekkie, congrats on your run, but if I was with you, Id like Empathy for having difficulty Walking.....

#1934 2 years ago

These are more fun.

1 week later
#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people are canceling Disney trips due to increase costs of tickets, hotels, food, transportation and paid line cutting.
I'm wondering how many people have finally hit their breaking point.
When I look at our Disney Hollywood Studios day. $60 for Rise of Resistance, $40 for Mickey runaway train, and $60 for genie plus (4 people total). Disney got out of me an extra $160 for the day, just to cut down on lines. Then the increased cost of the parks, the increased cost of food for the day. IMO, the travel cost to and from the airport should be factored in on a per day basis too.

Some are cancelling over Covid, some maybe over costs, but the place is packed!
Some, lined up for 7 Hours for a Plastic Popcorn Bucket!

https://nypost.com/2022/01/15/disney-fans-line-up-for-seven-hours-to-buy-figment-popcorn-buckets/

So Many people find reasons to go and spend their money.

For some, its Popcorn Buckets, Others for Memories, or Medallions.....

Every Increase since 1973, has been met with some saying that its too much, and take a negative view.

#1997 2 years ago

Covid isnt the Real Issue at Disney, it is simply a hard Job.
Even Harder, with all other businesses raising wages.

Cast Members get hit the hardest. They are on the Front line for the "Disney Image".

While I know how expensive, and Magical it is, in general its simply the size of the crowds, that adds
more people, and a few more "not so nice" people to their day.

Id love to share stories of my work, and family and friends, even a customer/vendor I manufactured for, that retired from Disney/Seaworld, was chewing my ear this week. but this thread is for the Enjoyment.

For me, personally, its simply been too packed for many years to enjoy the Magic Kingdom, or Studios.
Even Universal can be daunting to stand in line for an hour these days. (But Ill suffer for the Granddaughter)

Its Really just a small amount of irritable people, which we all understand, that can make a person quit the job.
The Most common comment, is "I know the Guests spend a Fortune, and deserve our best for a Perfect Vacation, but why are some of them so unreasonable!"

Sometimes smiling and being Nice all day, is harder when its simply too crowded for the masses to Enjoy.

Isnt that why there is all the chat about Passes and time waiting?

I do miss all the Free times, and Perks from years ago...An Open VIP Pass, was the best, and a half empty Park,

2 months later
#2300 2 years ago

The reality of Disney, Florida, Tourism, and Money exceeds Political Grandstanding.

No matter what is said, or done, Tourism dollars will win in Florida.

Just remember, people werent complaining about this last year, or the year before.....Politics, and Money.

The End.

#2312 2 years ago

IAPPA is around Nov 15, as well as Florida Freeplay.
A good week to come before Holiday rush. and everything should be set up.

IAPPA is a unique experience to add to a trip.

https://tinyurl.com/3z5jp545

Hopefully this year will see International exhibitors.

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Animals are my view from my room at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Back when rooms were $95, My wife and I would spend hours on the balcony watching the social behavior.
Giraffes were amazing!

One might need to travel to Africa to see this, as the time in a zoo isnt the same or covenant.

#2329 2 years ago

Disney Revenue 21.82B 34.28% Increase in Revenue.
Yes, they saw Cancellations, but Bookings are up, and much, maybe all will be resold due to demand.

From Family, the Political issues, are just a short diversion. Media and Politics clueless to whats happening as a business,
and simply part of "The Game"

No one is worried there, Just like the NFL, other Sports, Movies, etc. People react to Media, which has its own Agenda,
Blow a Dog Whistle, and for a while, some people respond.

#2332 2 years ago

And thats your Freedom of Choice.

I havent been for years...and its Free for me, but its the Crowds, that keep me away.

But if you feel that way now, and didnt in the recent past.......

#2333 2 years ago

Im Not trying to be Political Guys, follow what you feel is right for you.

But if your decisions change because of recent media, just acknowledge that.

Im not judging, or disagreeing with anyone's personal decisions.

#2335 2 years ago

Think "Peter Pan" under Walt....same drama then.

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The overcrowding was the first nail in the coffin. Getting assaulted by blind mothers with strollers was the second. Watching clearly mobile people scam themselves to the front of the line on their little carts was the third. The ridiculous (and constantly rising) prices was the fourth. This thing was the last nail for me. It was a long time coming, and in a way I'm glad they did it. It'll save me a ton of money. (But I am glad I rode Rise of the Resistance first!)

Now You sound like me! Welcome to the "Old Guys who yell at clouds " Club!

But Ill go back with all thrills with my Granddaughter,

#2391 2 years ago

It's amazing what Fear Rhetoric can do.
I remember well how Celebration was going to be a stepford town. Brainwashed Disney fed Children. News stories of Disney horrors.
My brother was part if legal team on
this. He was also the official first family
Spokesperson. Add in John Titor and Time Travel and heads spin in SM, with Agendas, Conspiracies, Disney or Govt plots. My other brother gets added in with his govt clearance.
I still get daily email with questions, rants and threats.
It's really quite amusing what people fabricate and "Believe"

1 week later
#2521 2 years ago

What Media is suggesting, is a "win" against Disney.

The reality, may likely be quite the opposite.

No plans, impact, discussion, bond debt assumption, Legality with regard to Statute 189.072,
and Tax implications, in this under 60 second discussion and vote. Likely only Media Attention, when
the battle ends.

Id rather Time was spent on more serious issues like crime here, which is kept out of the news for the Tourist bubble.

#2524 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How true. The crime in Celebration is a lot worse than I thought. Once I bought in, my eyes were opened up.
What's being done about the culture in Orlando? We need ideas and stratergies.

Couldnt agree More! Im glad I live on the quieter side of town!

But between family and friends in Police, School, Govt, and Hospitals,
family dinners share more truth. We need more than just subdivisions, and Tourist dollars lining politician pockets.
My wife works for the city, and we watch the wheels turn here from many directions.

Tourists see Vacation, and its more "Hide the reality", which I understand, but everyone around the country
sees Disney and Orlando different, than those that live here.

No screaming complaints, just that a lot of time is being spent on "Positioning" and "headlines" then working
for the whole community.

I dont have any issue with any decision, but with No plan, or discussion, its just grandstanding.

Laws affecting those that live here, shouldnt be inacted based on media, revenge, or personal policy.
It should be based on the effect on all. Not being hurt by Freedom of Speech.

#2529 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Depends on who's Freedom of Speech we're talking about. Should parents have a seat at the table for education? Should our education be reinstituted with time age principals such as ethics, professionalism, integrity, honor and decency?
We made our bed, now we're lying in it.

Rather than make the decision or opinion, as to who has the final say in education, or saying that parents dont have a say arent the only 2 choices.

Personally, I take exception to the aspect of suits in the bill. I dont believe that parents should have another Billboard
that says, "I sued the School Board, and XYZ, got me 2 Million dollars!"

My perspective comes from 4 teachers in my family, and retired County Education Supervisor here.
I feel the media on both sides, has created something out of nothing, because it registers clicks, and anger.
Polarization is one key to advertising.

My personal position, or any others isnt which side of a taste great/less filling discussion, but more on what
gets created as law, to affect others.

Would this law have been enacted, if Disney didnt release a Public Statement?
Should Public Statements by a Company be subject to Political Retaliation when it disagrees?

We cant go into this here, but I always try to see both sides.

Im not sure why elected officials would want to put such a large Tax burden on its voters, or guests.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.