C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#177 4 years ago

Why not build a second version of the Magic Kingdom in Orlando which would include 20,000 Leagues, Snow White, Mr Toads Wild Ride, Mickey Mouse Review, and others.

If we didn’t have children, we’d never go back.

3 months later
#328 3 years ago

My wife and I are taking our daughters and our 4 nieces and nephews to Grand Floridian at Disney World in mid July. As long as they’re open, we’ll be going.
It’s good to have something to look forward to, masks or no masks.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Apparently, they have canceled bookings for the first week in June.

Yes, my wife only made the reservation a few days ago when Disney World announced they would be opening in
July. She was told that we would receive a letter with our magic bands and an email outlining what the rules and restrictions will be in place due to the virus. Of course, there are no guarantees and the reservations could be canceled by Disney at any time.

A couple of the kids we’re taking missed out on a prom and a real graduation so whenever Disney does open up, we will do our best to get them there.

2 months later
#426 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The Florida Parks are a nice experience.
Disneyland has become not so much of one.

The last time I was there it felt like a biker rally.

1 month later
#522 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Well. Princess and the frog sucks compared to song of the south.
Thought I'd switch to a different controversial topic.

Yeah, that rabbit, fox and bear have people up in arms.

4 months later
#823 3 years ago

Kids care about Disney and the changes they make to their attractions.
My youngest daughter was in tears for a couple of days when she heard about the upcoming revisions to Splash Mountain.

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Mickey mouse is not rooted in racism...please ..
.song of the South was based on stories that were lifted by a rich white guy from the black servants passed down from the old African folk stories the slaves used to tell their kids .....This rich white guy created a magical wise black man called Uncle Remus as a story teller. ....
Zippity do Dat.....
Mickey Mouse was a magical black mouse created by a rich racist white guy.......oh wait....

Don’t worry about it.
I’m sure someone with good intentions will pull down the statues of Walt Disney and Mickey found at both Anaheim and Orlando. Statues of historical figures and cartoon characters have been perpetuating racism and insensitivity for years.

1 week later
#932 3 years ago

I can’t imagine working security or customer service at Disneyland/World and having to deal with so many jackasses.

#998 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

For those that care Leggoland has almost no wait and you only have to wear masks on the rides. In fact no one has asked us to wear them at all. We put them on getting in line and take them off when we get off the ride.

Interesting. I don’t think I’d feel safe without the masks.

Any lard asses walking around while chomping on a turkey leg or is that only a Disney thing?

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That was another thing. It was 80 degrees in Florida. The masks were miserable.
Also, and I’m wondering if anyone else who has been there lately agrees, the people who work at Disney are not even pleasant anymore. The happy happy is gone and it’s more like duck these people. And before
You say it was me, it wasn’t. I was doing my best to be polite because I was with the grand daughter.

Agreed.
I’m wondering If the sheer volume of strange, annoying and self entitled people, combined with the covid, have finally gotten to the employees (cast members).

1 month later
#1036 3 years ago

The best thing about the restrictions is that there are no lard asses walking around with a giant turkey leg sticking out of their mouths. I’m hoping that sight never returns.

2 weeks later
#1063 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It won't stay that way long.

Raise prices and build a second Magic Kingdom in Orlando.

#1087 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I've seen people pull loaves of bread, cold cuts, mayo and mustard out of a backpack in the tangled rest area. The best was a family that was eating at casey's corner. The parents had food from caseys and then they pulled a gallon bag out of a backpack that was full of water and hotdogs. Like these hot dogs were sitting in the hot water from their hotel? Buns, ketchup and mustard were brought out and the family ate. Bizarre, but perhaps that was their budget.

Disney has not been low on strange people since the ‘70s. I’m not a big theme park guy so when we go my favorite thing to do is people watch while the kids are on the rides. It’s more entertaining than any tv show or movie.

1 month later
#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:It's amazing how much the experience has been reduced since then.

The lines and the crowds kind of kill it for me, but the wife and kids still want to go so I continue to pay.

2 months later
#1335 2 years ago

The only thing we find irksome is losing the Magical Express. However, nothing Disney does will stop us from spending 10-14 days at Boardwalk, Yacht Club or Beach Club each year. It’s become tradition and my wife and kids still really love it. It’s not my favorite vacation, but as long as it keeps the family happy, I’m good.

If the parks become too crowded, we spend the day at the resort or at Disney Springs.

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

That arcade was the dumbest way to spend your time though, given the price you must pay to be in the park to visit that arcade.

When our kids were young and we stayed at The Contemporary, I would always burn an hour or two in there when my wife would run over to MK early in the morning. It was kind of like her gift to me.

Dumbest? Probably, but it was one heck of an arcade.

1 month later
#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m optimistic about this new skip the line feature. I wonder what the cost point will be?
Next Feb we are doing Epcot on the Sunday, Animal Kingdom on the Monday, Magic Kingdom on the Tuesday, and Hollywood Studios on the Wednesday. Our Disney agent said these were the best days. What are y’all’s opinion?
My son is 42 and half inches bare foot. I need another two and half inches for most of the good rides outside of Magic Kingdom (and for Space Mountain). Which shoes are my best bet? Should I grow his hair long and spike it? (Obviously I’m kidding about the hair, but what other than massive shoes can I possibly do for that two and inches).

I’m not sure if the shoe idea will work.

The last time we were there a little girl in front of us was wearing Converse Chuck Taylor platform sneakers while we were entering the line for Space Mountain. She had just made the height limit with the shoes, but the attendant made her take them off to be remeasured and she was too short. She was wearing something like this -

Converse (resized).jpegConverse (resized).jpeg
#1584 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

They go to EPCOT food and wine festival to get drunk and post selfies on Facebook.
Me and my wife are "Disney People" to the core and I think we do the parks differently. It seems like we are a dying breed though.

You’ve outgrown these friends. Cut them loose.

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have the perfect fix for long lines: More rides.
Hotel capacity (on and off Disney) has far outstripped ride capacity in the parks. Until ride capacity catches up, lines will always be a problem.
Easiest way to fix it: Add more rides and build a 5th park.
Me personally, I can't wait for Epic Universe to open up. I truly believe it will put a dent into the amount of people at Disney.

Is Magic Kingdom the most popular park? Build a second one with some of the best rides found at the parks outside of the U.S.

3 weeks later
#1787 2 years ago

For the Disneyland vets, if price is no object, what is your preferred hotel?

1 month later
#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

In magic kingdom on Monday, I’m standing in line for the castle photo with medals. I’m standing behind someone in a wheelchair who did the marathon. I congratulated him for being a handicap racer…….he wasn’t. His legs were sore, so his girlfriend was pushing him around the park. I was like “seriously? Look at all of us with the Dopey Walk……you just did 1 race…”

You’re funny.

#1924 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Does anyone know what the Dopey Walk is?
It puts more context with my comment.

I do because my has participated a few times and is a competitive runner.
I just like your enthusiasm and comments, you’re really into it.

1 week later
#2014 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:Yeah...but the "kids" at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California are sometimes affiliated with gangs. And that's a lowlife in my book.

Six Flags Great Adventure in NJ is like that, a complete hell hole.
I think admission is free if you have a tattoo on your face.

3 weeks later
#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

This has been our experience. There is the odd cast member that is friendly but overall they have been nasty.
I went to bell services this morning to ask for a luggage cart, there’s four CMs standing around talking, the guy tells me “yes we can get your luggage for you”, I told him no I just need a cart. He kept insisting they would have to assist me because they were out of carts. Wanted tips I’m sure. He told me if I wanted a cart I’d have to go out in the parking lot and look for one. I ended up stealing a laundry cart I found in the laundromat.
edit: this was at animal kingdom lodge

Isn’t the protocol at the deluxe resorts to contact the bell hop from your room and wait for them to come up to retrieve the bags?
They are probably happy with a couple of bucks per bag, but I usually give them a few more.
We always bring down our own laptop cases and whatever we are carrying on the plane and let them take the heavy stuff.

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Protocol? I’m a grown ass man I don’t need anyone to put my stuff in my car and definitely wouldn’t pay for it haha

It’s pretty convenient when you’re flying because they are able to check the bags so we don’t have to worry about it at the airport.
I guess if I was driving I’d be fine doing it myself, but it’s just easier to have them deal with the 10-12 bags.

#2124 2 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Are they checking bags into the airlines again?
When I was there this past summer they had stopped doing that. It was one of those things they blamed on the virus but I figured it would never come back.
If they are doing that again, that's great. In our case last summer, we had to check our bags into bell services and then pick them up from there and bring them to the airport with us.

Definitely not doing it now.
Hopefully, it returns in the summer.

3 weeks later
#2181 2 years ago

How do you experts think the last week of August through the first week of September will be with respect to crowds?
Just as lousy as any other time?

3 weeks later
#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Not a dog whistle for me. When a park founded by a family man supports anti family agendas I not support them. I have literally probably spent $100k on Disney over the years. Not $1 more from here on out.

Maybe Disney could build a new land or park for their anti family executives and see what kind of revenues it generates instead of bastardizing the existing parks and attractions?

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Then there's the people with "Support Animals".*
* ... and to be clear, I mean the ones that aren't for vision or hearing impaired people, or others have valid TRAINED support animals.

There will always be a segment of the population who are in desperate need of a good beating.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That sure sounds like you are advocating beating people up because they are pretending their dog is a support animal.

I’ve always been a fairly good communicator.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I usually expect people to save physical violence for when it’s actually needed to protect themselves rather then when they are triggered by someone pretending their dog is a support animal. Normally here I’d say “you do you”, but when you advocate violence because your feelings are hurt, I have to wonder.

OK, good luck with the wondering.

#2402 2 years ago

Is there a good hamburger in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I don't think there is a truly good burger spot in MK or HS. They are all pretty much cafeteria quality burgers.

Appreciate it, thanks.

#2446 2 years ago

Just curious, once your kids are grown, will you continue to visit?
I still enjoy the hotels, especially Boardwalk, but walking through the parks and waiting on the lines is brutal.

#2453 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

My girlfriend is 44. She hadn’t been to Disney since she was 7 or 8. She ended up going with me in January to support me for Dopey races and a couple weeks ago for springtime surprise races. She’s set to go with me in November for wine and dine races, then January where she is going to run in the 5k, 10k and half marathon. She’s already mentioning we get dressed up for the races.

Yep, but I think the Dopey races are a different story and I respect you for it.
If my knees permitted, I would give it a shot. My wife still runs the NYC and Boston marathons, so I know she would enjoy it because she’s so competitive.

However, what if there were no races, just the hotels and the parks, would you still make Disney World a priority?

1 week later
#2541 1 year ago

I wish my children enjoyed Universal because I’d be more than happy to pass on WDW.

#2546 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Time for new kids.

I already have too much invested in the ones I’ve got.

#2569 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like they are doing something wrong. Can't say that I really follow Disney, but their CEO better figure something out I would think.
[quoted image]

Fantastic buying opportunity.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mike_J.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=Mike_J and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.