C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#305 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Universal Orlando opening this week with reduced capacity, I would guess if it goes well Disney will follow soon.

We will know in 14-30 days how these soft openings work at the parks. Plenty of guinea pigs to test this stuff out.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Right, but that's at opening. I'm watching to see what changes in the follow months. You never know.

There will be plenty of Disney face masks "Themed" masks on carts outside park to buy at inflated prices.
Im looking forward to buying an Incredibles mask. Do a Disney stock quote search. Plenty of articles from Monday talking about masks till at least spring 2021.

1 month later
#358 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

With animal kingdom closing at 6pm and magic kingdom closing at 7pm, every single night, Epcot would be overrun each night if park hopping were allowed.
As it stands, I'm not sure where everyone's supposed to go. I guess back to the hotels where they can crowd into the food court and pools? Or, be forced to just sit in their rooms?

Everyone planning trips really need to look at details and times.
No fireworks, parades, shows with large crowds till maybe late fall.
Most pools will close early, 7-8 pm.
Food and wine festival is currently on the bubble and most likely will not happen.
You get more bang for your buck at Disney World as opposed to Disneyland.

#391 3 years ago

Copied from cnn link i clicked.
I actually have a meeting later this week and on july 6th. Will see, tbd. But id say its not opwning on July 17th.

"Disney is putting off plans to reopen its southern California parks until state officials issue guidance on how theme parks can allow visitors back, The Walt Disney Company said on Wednesday.

The company had planned to open both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks on July 17. Those openings, and plans to reopen resort hotels, are delayed indefinitely.

A new reopening date would not be announced without state approval, Disney added."

#395 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

A meeting? Do you work for Disney?

Yes, covid cost me lots of money this year.
Very lucky to be in entertainment union and I was furloughed till mid Jan. At least I have health insurance.

Quoted from wamoc:

For one thing they would have to redesign large amounts of the track to meet current codes (keeping it running you don't, but since they gutted it they would have to update it to modern codes). They would need to widen the track on almost all of it for evacuation purposes, they would also have to add a lot of exit stairs down. What would be needed to bring it back is basically tear the entire thing out and redo it from scratch. I would love to have the peoplemover back (it is one of my favorite rides), but I honestly don't ever see it happening.

Never see people mover again. Rocket rods which came after, did a lot of damage up there to.

3 weeks later
#408 3 years ago

Wrong thread. Post deleted.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Why Disney(WDW)....because it is arguably the best destination resort vacation in the world. No other place transfers you to a different world than Disney does.

The Florida Parks are a nice experience.
Disneyland has become not so much of one.

1 month later
#493 3 years ago

The real question is....Why Open?
Everyone forgets its still a pandemic, regardless of any numbers. Leave politics and your rights out of it.
Is there really a need, you have to go?
It's non essential entertainment.
You can't just watch Disney+?
Its just a park.

2 weeks later
#556 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

For sure. Where had four different reservations now. We will keep trying. Just trying to figure out the blackout situation in advance.

Aren't your passes good for the Disney parks in Florida too?
By Thanksgiving....If you can I would book FL.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is only for the "Disney Premier Passport". It's a pass that is good at both, but if that is not what you bought, it isn't included.

Thanks, we did this in 2011, so I wasn't sure.
It worked out that time for us. We combined a NASA launch and all the parks.

1 week later
#583 3 years ago

More layoffs last week at Disneyland.
Pretty big number of cast members will not have insurance come Nov 1.
Our backstage union is in negotiations that are not pretty.
A small fact to face here. The amount of layoffs means we are done until 2021 now.
We were told that you dont do a layoff and call them back 30 days later for a xmas season.
Optimistic that come April 1 we will open to limited capacity, face masks, temp check.
Rapid testing is key to this opening.
Meanwhile Avengers land is coming along slowly, very slowly. Should be ready by April.

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Newsom is single handedly killing the Disney parks.

Doesn't help when Mayor of Anaheim doesn't want 20,000 flying in from all over the world either. Hate to say it...he kind of has a point. We need rapid testing asap.

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

There hasn't been a positive case traced back to WDW yet that i've heard of.

Watching, yes none found yet.
But, can i be honest without getting political?
Im trying to tread lightly here....
It"s Florida!

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

But most of the people are not from Florida. They're travelling from all over, just as they would be to Disneyland.

Without turning this into the covid thread its horribly subjective.
All those guests fly home...if they get infected its pretty hard to trace it back to Disneyworld. The travel along could be blamed.

#635 3 years ago

That is kind of last weeks news even though OC Register published it today.
Its an agreement on " Safety Protocols" only.
Guidlines on what will happen when park opens.
An important step forward.
I can confirm the layoffs are real with no date set to reopen yet.
Make your Christmas Plans now and dont include Disneyland in those.
Knott's Berry Farm will continue to have its weekend food fests into Christmas. YUM.

1 week later
#672 3 years ago

Really Missing Linbrook Bowling Alley.
Brookhurst and Lincoln in Anaheim.
I drive by it often and the empty parking lot is depressing.

2 months later
#709 3 years ago

Disneyland to become biggest vaccine site in Orange County. Come get a shot with Micky Ears on, magical!
Kidding aside nice to see the giant parking lots finally being used for something good. Shame this wasn't already set up for testing 9 months ago.
More layoffs at Disneyland go into effect on Jan 24th. The park staff will be at below moth ball status. Hopes of opening July 1st went out the window last week.

#727 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I'm actually not sure what to make of this. I guess it depends on the reason they cancelled them.

The idea originally with covid shutdown was when they opened later that year, everyone was going to get 2020, plus 1 year and reset clock.
Well, the sun set on that plan. The answer to your second qustion is No.

Quoted from Fizz:

Or should I be reading more into this? (eg. APs are gone for good, which could imply several different things).

AP's are not gone for good. When the park is fully open again in 2-3 years they will come back.
You can go back and see my posts in this thread since I can't delete them.

Quoted from seenev:

They've ruled out opening by this summer?

Yes, summer is out, lucky if it's Oct at this point with many safety protocols including face masks. Facemasks will not go away for awhile, my guess 2022-23. The reason would be the employees of the park dont want you there without them. 20% of all guests were from asia, 50% from across America. Bringing the whole world to the park until many levels of vaccinations and tests takes time. Sorry no magic pill in 2021.
It is a Pandemic, and these things take time.
Back to Annual pass's. The problem with opening was the passes. Its going to be a reservation system anyway. How many reservations to I reserve for loyal pass holders?
What about the family of 5 from Kansas and there reservations. It gets complicated and it eliminates favoritism.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Good case:
Florida Disney - open with restrictions in place and limiting attendance.
Cali Disney - closed
Infection rates in Cali 2x Florida.
Population Cali 2x Florida.
So what conclusion do I make??

"It's a small world after all,
it's a small world after all,
It's a small world after all,
it's a small, small, world."
God I hate that Fucking ride.

#745 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics. Ill pass on Florida.
Absolutely no social distancing of strangers from all over the USA.
Thats why Gov Newsome aint going to let Anaheim open anytime soon.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I'm sorry but I find this mind boggling. I mean, I totally respect that people have different opinions about theme parks being open, and that is cool. In fact, I find the debate interesting.
But, as far as casting shade on the state of florida or any other state is concerned... It just doesn't seem like someone who is extolling the virtues of california has very solid ground to stand on.
Have you even seen the latest covid stats? CA is the worst of all states right now, my man.

I was implying that the crowds seemed unsafe regardless of Florida's covid numbers.
The park is filled with everyone flying in from everywhere.
Its my personal opinion. I want to go to Florida and visit the parks. But, those crowds scare me for now. Ill wait till 2022 when at least 25% of usa has shots.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Have you even seen the latest covid stats? CA is the worst of all states right now, my man.

I have weekly. I help run a union with over 500 employees at Disneyland. I have 16 working in mothball status. Hoping for an Oct start at this point.
I have guys and gals emailing everyday about there health insurance ending. Were in crisis mod.

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm just curious...why are you so afraid when so many people have continued to live their lives safely?

Easy answer....because despite all safety protocols i get the emails every Friday of the weeks covid results....in the 2 parks. WDW and Dland.
You be surprised how many employees are getting covid. Honestly I think its employees getting lax in there home and social environments, not on the job. But no one knows for sure.
Without giving out to much info because Disney isnt sharing this with the media they have to share it with the unions as part of the MOU agreements and contracts.
Last week there were 6 cases at Disneyland. Hotel, merch, maintenance, 2 in food service.
Over the past 2 weeks in Florida there has been 18.
We talk and share info between parks and our sister unions.
We need these damn shot programs to expand quicker than they are. I was by the Disneyland shot center in the old employee parking lot last week. Its going good, but damn slow. This should get quicker over the weeks ahead once we get past the 65 and older benchmarks.
The problem mostly is it still is a pandemic. Everyone one is getting a little to complacent and not seeing the big picture.
Sure, you can take a chance and go to Disneyworld, but do you need to go?
I mean, will life to be the same with your freedom if you dont go? Its just an amusement park.
There is a horizon here, get past this winter surge, get into spring numbers dropping, get into summer shot programs. And if were lucky by the fall get ready to open the park.

1 week later
#807 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Next thing you know there will be no more "Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah" on Splash Mountain or "Take a Wench for a Bride" on Pirates of the Caribbean.
Oh wait....

Took the whip out of Timothy's hand on Dumbo too! Cant be whipping elephants in todays world either.

#852 3 years ago

Exciting breaking news.
You can go to Downtown Disney, stand in a 2 hour line to get in, then buy overpriced park food.
And the minions are flocking to this shit.

1 week later
#964 3 years ago

I appreciate you posting updates and photos.
Thank you.
Helps me and others judge when and how to book our trips.
Tips for visiting the parks is a good point of this thread.

#1028 3 years ago

I just love that this Bill is called 420 for park openings.
Dont get to excited yet. All it is that we can open up to 25% capacity in the orange tier instead of the yellow tier.
Just hoping that passes.

3 months later
#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Masks are optional at Disneyland starting tomorrow. No more social distancing either.

Only outdoors I believe. Anything indoors still a mask required.

4 months later
#1783 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

So it has been decided that we are going to make our first visit to Disneyland. We're WDW veterans, but the attractions at DL have made the family want to make the primglage.
I have two immediate questions -
Coming from Chicago - would it be better to fly into LAX or John Wayne?
Also - are the hotels directly across from the DL park ok to stay at? i see there are quite a few, and the price difference between the few park hotels and these are pretty substantial. Never been to Anaheim before, so any feedback is much appreciated.

Since I live right up the street, I can confirm the choices mentioned above are all good.
The past 3 years we've seen 5 new hotels built close to the park. The one at Gardenwalk is very nice. Anaheim Hilton and Marriott are dated.
Up Harbour Blvd in the city of Garden Grove there are also 5 bigger nice hotels. So use G.G. in hotel searches for perhaps slightly better rates.
There is also Long Beach airport, not a far Uber ride. It has great rates with southwest. Jet blue moved out.
What time of year you coming?

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

For the Disneyland vets, if price is no object, what is your preferred hotel?

Stay on campus at Grand California.
Used to come with early hours if you stayed there.

#1794 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't know if I'd do Anaheim and Orlando back to back. There's so many attraction duplicates that you might feel like the overlap makes WDW redundant. Especially now that they're very limited in shows and entertainment, with no real sign of things going back to precovid levels of offerings, I would just do Disneyland and then save your time and money for WDW another time.

I have to agree with this knowing both parks very well. I would rent a car and enjoy some California. Beaches are close, San Diego 90 min south, LA 60-90 min north.
Lots to do out here, especially in June.

#1795 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Especially now that they're very limited in shows and entertainment,

Things are gearing up that most shows will be back by next summer. Not the Hyperian, going to be a new show there late 2022/ early 2023.

3 months later
#2091 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

My wife and daughter, who are super into Disney pin collecting, showed me these yesterday, and now I think I'm super into Disney pin collecting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So, Disney is leaking the pins to soon before jjp reveal....

1 month later
#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

350,000 Disney+ cancellations in the last week

When Disney+ came out they had a 3 year cheap package. It's what I bought. It expires soon.
I'm assuming this is most of the 3 year people not renewing.

2 weeks later
#2554 1 year ago

TRON--Damn, how long will this take to build?
Rumor is Nov now.

IMG_0528 (resized).jpgIMG_0528 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.