C938622F-E4EC-468A-897A-D61D2AD6BBF7 (resized).jpeg
D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fullerton, where's that? We can't build an amusement park there.

Fullerton has a fairly robust community college and u c Fullerton. Their economy could support much here. Just look at the bar scene. I think there are around 300 bars in Fullerton.

I thought you would have heard of it, being in this area.

Fullerton approved marijuana then rescinded it the same day. Super forward thinkers...

#1117 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

This, 100%
Whenever anybody I talk to uses the argument "the kids are too young, they won't remember".
It's about YOU enjoying them having a good time. Doesn't matter if they remember it, you will.

I went to Disney world in Florida when I was six. Drove from Michigan with my late father in a 72 mustang fastback.

I don’t remember everything, but the memories that are there (in my head) are quite irreplaceable.

I was just six, but not many others I know had visited Orlando before the 90s.

Cool memories from a long time ago. I remember standing in the lines and looking at everything around me. We rode all the rides back then.

It is probably one of my only fond memories of my late father. He was a truly dead beat dad.

But I do have a couple good memories floating around tied to him.

My favorite album for instance, goodbye yellow brick road..

1 month later
#1169 2 years ago

I got stuck right directly in front of the hat box ghost last time I was there before COVID.

#1202 2 years ago

I have spent much more time at Disneyland rather than world. I have watched the whole area evolve. I will write more about this someday I think.

There was a time when there were some unsafer areas around Disneyland but that is pretty much history. (15 years ago history…). The whole area is very safe, now. IMO. It has been a good thing having Disneyland here, For the local economy. I look forward to pandemic restrictions lifting and going back.

I will be seen more at knotts berry farm here in ca. I love Disney though, too. Knotts reminds me of cedar point in Ohio. My place growing up.

Cedar point in the 80s. The video.

F726EE6B-3F66-4E07-AC09-7C569B74AE33 (resized).jpegF726EE6B-3F66-4E07-AC09-7C569B74AE33 (resized).jpeg
#1208 2 years ago

I’m just curious now. If you were going to Disneyland in Anaheim, would you find the time to go to a proper hall of fame style arcade within 20 mins drive. Some of my pessimistic friends think that no one will leave the area of Disneyland anymore at all period. (And I am barking up the wrong tree)

What I mean is I understand many people will simply not add to their stay and leave Disney properties at all ever pretty much during their stay.

But would you? I’m thinking it would have to be worth it but yes, I would myself.

I’m getting a notion…

#1223 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've been learning to appreciate some of the things that non-Disney parks have to offer. Knott's Berry Farm has been a nice change of pace. Some nice differences from Disney like toy guns for sale, non-PC theming elements that haven't been erased from the park, meal and drink plans, adult humor, live music... It's a nice reminder of what Disneyland was like before it was sanitized to death.[quoted image]

0C7FB43E-4FD8-4240-85D2-7D0F951607E3 (resized).jpeg0C7FB43E-4FD8-4240-85D2-7D0F951607E3 (resized).jpeg

I am the ghost that haunts Buena Park.

#1224 2 years ago

Sometimes I feel like they made these parks just for me. In a way they did. You and me.

7 months later
#2082 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Disney is performing a big squeeze right now to find out where that breaking point is. It is amazing to watch. They take away something, and see if it impacts anything. They raise prices, and see if it impacts anything.

It’s not just Disney doing this. The big squeeze. Hundreds of companies. Hasbro is doing it with my magic the gathering product.

2 months later
#2409 2 years ago

Making mojo from the x men seem even more plausable in the future….

Quoted from Methos:

Totally.
I'm the first one making a hole when a disabled person is coming my way...but not these blobs of humanity that rent a scoter for day. Disney themselves made fun of them in Wall-E.

I am fairly handicapped with only a cane, but I don’t get hassled by anyone at the parks.

I clearly do not have normal balance.

I do actively advocate for all handicapped services with management directly if needed. but I am a knotts guy. I have a nice grasp there.
It is also because knotts reminds me of cedar point. My childhood park. I plan on getting a Disney pass when I get a windfall. This year I hope.

The level of detail at Disney is so very impressive. Just the Main Street itself amazes me every time.

5D38C89E-7C7E-4A05-AA55-846D1052561D (resized).jpeg5D38C89E-7C7E-4A05-AA55-846D1052561D (resized).jpeg
#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

All this talk about Disney and those of you that went to Wondercon and nobody mentioned that Orange County Pinballs was at Wondercon:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I played rush.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread?tu=Azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.