D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 53.
#2401 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you are planning a trip, note that Disney is not offering Dining plans as of yet, and you cannot order dinner reservations until 60 days out now.

Best food and service, by far, of our last trip was Topolinos if you're looking.

#2402 2 years ago

Is there a good hamburger in Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios?

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Best food and service, by far, of our last trip was Topolinos if you're looking.

My wife and I have had a great time just looking at the food options for the trip. We are going after school starts back up, bringing 3 kids (5,8,10), and meeting the grandparents there. The only restaraunt we have down 100% is the TREX place at Disney Springs. I'm sure it will cost me $200 to buy everyone chicken nuggets, but it's the decorations. We are hoping the character breakfasts are back open by the time we go. We went once about 4 years ago and meeting the characters with your food instead of waiting in line all day was awesome. The only sitdown service you could get last minute was from the places in Liberty Square at magic Kingdom but so worth if. "American Fare" AKA Thanksgiving Dinner.

#2404 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

it's easy to make a "no politics" rule and hard to implement in a world where so many topics have political implications.

Another site I hang out on solved this by creating a "Fight Club" forum. It's a hidden forum that you have to go into your profile and specifically "opt in" to be able to see/post. There are no restrictions on topics, so there is everything from threads about "why does god exist" to "trump vs biden" to "the gay cooking megathread". You can't discuss Fight Club elsewhere, and the "be nice" rule still applies, but otherwise anything goes. If you're a problem you just get kicked out. If it's a problem for you, you just opt out. It works great and it's a lot of fun and keeps all the trash off the rest of the site because mods can just PM people and say "look if you really want to keep talking about this go do it in Fight Club".

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I don't think there is a truly good burger spot in MK or HS. They are all pretty much cafeteria quality burgers.

#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I don't think there is a truly good burger spot in MK or HS. They are all pretty much cafeteria quality burgers.

Appreciate it, thanks.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It’s very rare to have a good hamburger from a quick service in Disney unless you like your burgers cooked well. I prefer medium rare or medium. My wife actually likes hers well done, so she has enjoyed a few. Pecos Bill at Magic Kingdom and the Backlot at Hollywood studios would be the best bet. Some of the sit down places have pretty good ones. Liberty Tree in Magic Kingdom at lunch used to have a good burger, not sure if that’s still on the menu or if they are all family Buffett’s right now. Deluxe Burger in Disney Springs is pretty good.
Disney has really upped their food game everywhere with different options, instead of just burgers chicken tenders and frys everywhere. Last summer on our 18 day trip I don’t think I even had a single burger and enjoyed my food pretty much everyday. We like to just eat one meal a day, usually around 3 or 4 while it’s thunder storming, and have fun snacks before or after

#2408 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Thanks Paul for the post - I was there myself, I remember the Alien chestburster woman. Spent the day, had the best weekend. Loved talking to all the artists and cosplayers - came away with some new drawing techniques, too.

Glad you were there too. It was cool to see Rush pinball at Wondercon, along with Mandalorian and Godzilla on free play. Hope Stern goes to more comic book shows in the future.

Wondercon and Disneyland is such a good spring break combo.
AD373BFE-2CDC-4E0A-9593-38D7EC0B83B0.jpegAD373BFE-2CDC-4E0A-9593-38D7EC0B83B0.jpeg8454E331-EA9F-4D6F-9C89-AA76BBCE98B6.jpeg8454E331-EA9F-4D6F-9C89-AA76BBCE98B6.jpeg61C0EE7B-6E28-4BCE-AD79-32B4DA38B92C.jpeg61C0EE7B-6E28-4BCE-AD79-32B4DA38B92C.jpegE9B03F8F-4AD7-4980-82EC-170FD0D15ABF.jpegE9B03F8F-4AD7-4980-82EC-170FD0D15ABF.jpeg905C1889-1B45-405F-952B-C5374BB8D053.jpeg905C1889-1B45-405F-952B-C5374BB8D053.jpeg79B9C301-96DF-4317-B8AA-9D5948CD0440.jpeg79B9C301-96DF-4317-B8AA-9D5948CD0440.jpeg

#2409 2 years ago

Making mojo from the x men seem even more plausable in the future….

Quoted from Methos:

Totally.
I'm the first one making a hole when a disabled person is coming my way...but not these blobs of humanity that rent a scoter for day. Disney themselves made fun of them in Wall-E.

I am fairly handicapped with only a cane, but I don’t get hassled by anyone at the parks.

I clearly do not have normal balance.

I do actively advocate for all handicapped services with management directly if needed. but I am a knotts guy. I have a nice grasp there.
It is also because knotts reminds me of cedar point. My childhood park. I plan on getting a Disney pass when I get a windfall. This year I hope.

The level of detail at Disney is so very impressive. Just the Main Street itself amazes me every time.

5D38C89E-7C7E-4A05-AA55-846D1052561D (resized).jpeg5D38C89E-7C7E-4A05-AA55-846D1052561D (resized).jpeg
#2410 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I always liked Pecos Bill's burgers when they had the "burger bar" where you could add all sorts of good toppings but don't think that parts open yet. I wouldn't call it a great burger but it's better than most that are offered quick service.

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I have to disagree. The Wagyu burger at the Brown Derby in HS is really amazing ... and expensive. We ate there as a family and the kids are begging to go back to that restaurant just for the burger. It was really good ... one of the best I have ever had. (The pic is not mine, but is from Brown Derby and is what I remember.)
WDW-2020-Hollywood-Studios-Brown-Derby-Wagyu-Burger-4-700x525 (resized).jpgWDW-2020-Hollywood-Studios-Brown-Derby-Wagyu-Burger-4-700x525 (resized).jpg

#2412 2 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I have to disagree. The Wagyu burger at the Brown Derby in HS is really amazing ... and expensive. We ate there as a family and the kids are begging to go back to that restaurant just for the burger. It was really good ... one of the best I have ever had. (The pic is not mine, but is from Brown Derby and is what I remember.)
[quoted image]

One of only a handful of places on property we have not eaten at. We had reservations once and had to change them, can’t remember why. We will have to look into that for this summer

That did make me remember that I had a really good burger at the Sci Fi drive in, one of our favorite places to go. Great theming and good food. I like to get the fried pickles and the milkshake there.

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I disagree that the Pinside mods/administrators have a political bias. I think they do their best with a difficult job -- it's easy to make a "no politics" rule and hard to implement in a world where so many topics have political implications.
Pinside users lean conservative, of course, which tracks with the demographics of pinball enthusiasts in general.

Yeah, I'll have to go into the Covid threads for the Stock Market thread to remind myself how Pinside leans conservative.

I do agree that the Mods have a difficult job keeping peace here.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

One of only a handful of places on property we have not eaten at. We had reservations once and had to change them, can’t remember why. We will have to look into that for this summer

Once Fantasmic is back, they do a dinner package at BD that includes priority seating for the show.

#2416 2 years ago

All this talk about Disney and those of you that went to Wondercon and nobody mentioned that Orange County Pinballs was at Wondercon:
0CABF07B-F2A8-4E14-B718-F0D68A97E0A9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0CABF07B-F2A8-4E14-B718-F0D68A97E0A9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
D5360E68-B23C-46DE-8464-394B9EC8B4CC_1_105_c (resized).jpegD5360E68-B23C-46DE-8464-394B9EC8B4CC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#2417 2 years ago

Everything at the brown derby is great! The best prime rib I’ve ever had was there.

Quoted from statsdoc:

[quoted image]

#2418 2 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

[quoted image]

It's not on the menu anymore. I was going to recommend it but checked before posting and realized it is no longer offered. I don't want to send someone there only to find out they don't have it.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-brown-derby/menus/

#2419 2 years ago

I haven't personally had it, but random people on the internet are calling the stack burger at Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary the best burger on property. Walking distance from Magic Kingdom, with the added bonus that you won't feel as bad about consuming a gigantic burger after doing said extra walking.

#2420 2 years ago

True story!

Quoted from EternitytoM83:I haven't personally had it, but random people on the internet are calling the stack burger at Steakhouse 71 at the Contemporary the best burger on property. Walking distance from Magic Kingdom, with the added bonus that you won't feel as bad about consuming a gigantic burger after doing said extra walking.

#2421 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Still planning a trip. I'm either doing 6 days at a disney resort with 5 in the parks and 1 day of rest in the middle (kids 5,8, and 10) or doing 4 days of Disney then Universal for 2.
Any thoughts?
Taking the kids out early in the school year for less crowds.
We would skip Animal Kingdom.

Yeah, not a fan of animal kingdom either.

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

All this talk about Disney and those of you that went to Wondercon and nobody mentioned that Orange County Pinballs was at Wondercon:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

did he want double what everybody else was asking on his prices?

#2422 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

did he want double what everybody else was asking?

#2423 2 years ago

I saw them. Always busy, too. I loved that the pins were there for exposure, but I cannot stomach the modern Sterns. Personal preference.

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

It's not on the menu anymore. I was going to recommend it but checked before posting and realized it is no longer offered. I don't want to send someone there only to find out they don't have it.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/hollywood-brown-derby/menus/

Ouch! I am glad you caught that. That means there is one less thing to entice us there.

#2425 2 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Ouch! I am glad you caught that. That means there is one less thing to entice us there.

I'm sure they replaced it with something equally delicious. I love that place.

#2426 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

It was cool to see Rush pinball at Wondercon, along with Mandalorian and Godzilla on free play. Hope Stern goes to more comic book shows in the future.

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Not True.

#2427 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My fondest memory was putting money in the injection-molding machines and getting out a hot plastic Mickey and Goofy. I would LOVE to find one.

Moldarama! They're still around, here is a map to check near you? https://mold-a-rama.com/?page_id=1203
The best memory is how it smells after coming out hot. I got the Uboat from chicago and a christmas tree from the Ford museum the past year.

#2428 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Moldarama! They're still around, here is a map to check near you? https://mold-a-rama.com/?page_id=1203
The best memory is how it smells after coming out hot. I got the Uboat from chicago and a christmas tree from the Ford museum the past year.

Love those things! They had some at the zoo in Madison and that was a real highlight for my brother and me when we visited in the late 80s (I think I remember a gorilla and a polar bear). My boys got the brontosaurus from the Field Museum in Chicago last year. They thought it was cool but I was probably more into it than them!

#2429 2 years ago

GOTG Passholder Preview!!!

I missed the notice, but my amazing wife was on top of it and got us in. Anyone else going? Event is full now.

5E557AA4-90B5-42DE-8877-6B728EBA4A67 (resized).jpeg5E557AA4-90B5-42DE-8877-6B728EBA4A67 (resized).jpeg8CA1D35B-4CB6-41B4-9570-BD3495497D01 (resized).png8CA1D35B-4CB6-41B4-9570-BD3495497D01 (resized).png
#2430 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Oh hell yes - I got my uboat and a few others from the Chicago Field Museum, Zoo, etc. in the 70s. Those mold-o-rama machines were magic to a kid.

#2431 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I missed the notice, but my amazing wife was on top of it and got us in. Anyone else going? Event is full now.[quoted image][quoted image]

I got the email but we can’t make it down. We are looking forward to riding this summer! Have fun!

We did the passholder Magic Kingdom night a few years ago, that was really fun.
Being in Michigan we pretty much only get to do passholder stuff if it aligns with our pre scheduled vacation. We missed the Star Wars one by maybe 3 days if I remember right.

#2432 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I missed the notice, but my amazing wife was on top of it and got us in. Anyone else going? Event is full now.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm DVC but didn't get any notice.

#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I'm DVC but didn't get any notice.

They heard you were dogging them in this thread and are retaliating. The Mouse has big ears ...

#2434 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They heard you were dogging them in this thread and are retaliating. The Mouse has big ears ...

If that's true I'm going to steal a lot more soap and towels next trip.

#2435 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

If that's true I'm going to steal a lot more soap and towels next trip.

Better bring your security screw driver so you can unbolt it from the shower wall

#2436 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My fondest memory was putting money in the injection-molding machines and getting out a hot plastic Mickey and Goofy. I would LOVE to find one of those machines now.

Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas has 2 of them. (One of them works)

#2437 2 years ago

I guess these aren't exactly the same thing because they're wax, but Universal has these at Halloween Horror Nights. I got a Frankenstein head and a jack-o-lantern last October.

PXL_20211007_184911932 (resized).jpgPXL_20211007_184911932 (resized).jpg
#2438 2 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I played rush.

#2439 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Better bring your security screw driver so you can unbolt it from the shower wall

The pros just pump it out into another container. Leave 1/4 in there so it’s not suspicious. They will refill next day usually.

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

The pros just pump it out into another container. Leave 1/4 in there so it’s not suspicious. They will refill next day usually.

They also still deliver the individual bottles/tubes if you request them. My son "collects" them.

#2441 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I guess these aren't exactly the same thing because they're wax, but Universal has these at Halloween Horror Nights. I got a Frankenstein head and a jack-o-lantern last October.
[quoted image]

No thats the same. I didn't know they made a pumpkin!
Bright Sun films I follow on youtube is releasing these miniature collectibles of Disney's park like epcot entrance and Horizons. If your open minded that Disney has made good and bad dicisions over the years you can watch the abandoned series. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLejUkwZ-XJX_C5yHiQPKL-rkS5r8lF9lu

SmartSelect_20220416-085254_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220416-085254_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2442 2 years ago

Here's Frankie.

PXL_20220416_141802718.PORTRAIT (resized).jpgPXL_20220416_141802718.PORTRAIT (resized).jpg
#2443 2 years ago

Anyone spending Easter in Disney?

#2444 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m here now. It’s busy but not as busy as I was expecting

#2445 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m here too. Not terribly packed, but no pass holder discounts

#2446 2 years ago

Just curious, once your kids are grown, will you continue to visit?
I still enjoy the hotels, especially Boardwalk, but walking through the parks and waiting on the lines is brutal.

#2447 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I still enjoy the hotels, especially Boardwalk, but walking through the parks and waiting on the lines is brutal.

I’d stay off Disney and rent a car so I could do sea world and universal too.

#2448 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m here now. It’s busy but not as busy as I was expecting

Quoted from bigguybbr:

I’m here too. Not terribly packed, but no pass holder discounts

Pictures or it didn't happen.

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I’m drinking at the beach club if anyone wants to meet up tomorrow

A91FB4CE-8345-4000-AE47-5CE467B40868 (resized).jpegA91FB4CE-8345-4000-AE47-5CE467B40868 (resized).jpeg
#2450 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

My girlfriend is 44. She hadn’t been to Disney since she was 7 or 8. She ended up going with me in January to support me for Dopey races and a couple weeks ago for springtime surprise races. She’s set to go with me in November for wine and dine races, then January where she is going to run in the 5k, 10k and half marathon. She’s already mentioning we get dressed up for the races.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/49?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.