D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 53.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

When eating yourself into obesity became a disability.

Totally.

I'm the first one making a hole when a disabled person is coming my way...but not these blobs of humanity that rent a scoter for day. Disney themselves made fun of them in Wall-E.

#2352 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

We are going mid May and going to just to miss it also, but the good thing is it give us a excuse to go back sooner than later :}:}:}

I'm just waiting on when they have the passholder preview day. Those are always amazing to get a new ride with almost no lines.

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Totally.
I'm the first one making a hole when a disabled person is coming my way...but not these blobs of humanity that rent a scoter for day. Disney themselves made fun of them in Wall-E.

Best Pixar movie, in my opinion. Seems like Disney downplays it now since it made fun of fat asses.

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

We are going mid May and going to just to miss it also, but the good thing is it give us a excuse to go back sooner than later :}:}:}

We're going mid may as well. If you're going to be there the 15th they are having a d23 preview night

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

We're going mid may as well. If you're going to be there the 15th they are having a d23 preview night

Nice, and thanks for the heads up. We will be their on the 15th and going to see if we can get a ticket :}

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Things are not normal at the Magic Kingdom.The desperate Disney+ and park discount was a clear sign.
[quoted image]

Dude, ALL stocks have been like that this year. Disney is no exception.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Best Pixar movie, in my opinion. Seems like Disney downplays it now since it made fun of fat asses.

I like to call the a "Fatty on a Rascal". And it's not just at Disney or other theme parks. You run into these Lazy ass people in stores, swap-meets, convention centers and so on. And using a scooter instead of walking just makes their health worse.
Then there's the people with "Support Animals".*

* ... and to be clear, I mean the ones that aren't for vision or hearing impaired people, or others have valid TRAINED support animals.

#2358 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Then there's the people with "Support Animals".*
* ... and to be clear, I mean the ones that aren't for vision or hearing impaired people, or others have valid TRAINED support animals.

There will always be a segment of the population who are in desperate need of a good beating.

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

There will always be a segment of the population who are in desperate need of a good beating.

Especially the ones that keep hitting the horn button on their "Mobility Scooter" to try and make everyone get out of their way.

#2360 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

That sure sounds like you are advocating beating people up because they are pretending their dog is a support animal.

#2362 2 years ago

So you're basically calling him a liar?

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nobody ever calls anyone out anymore. If you do, YOU'RE the asshole. I'm not crazy about relentless bullying or anything, but back in the days where a kid could actually call another kid "sick" or "gross" for picking his nose, that solved the problem. When it comes to "norms" and societal expectations, we've gone from zero tolerance to 100% tolerance. Neither is good, but it certainly seems better when we're a few notches closer to zero than 100.

Edit: Keeping politics out of it. Sorry.

#2366 2 years ago

You really can’t say they don’t have an agenda because they do.

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That sure sounds like you are advocating beating people up because they are pretending their dog is a support animal.

I’ve always been a fairly good communicator.

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I’ve always been a fairly good communicator.

I usually expect people to save physical violence for when it’s actually needed to protect themselves rather then when they are triggered by someone pretending their dog is a support animal. Normally here I’d say “you do you”, but when you advocate violence because your feelings are hurt, I have to wonder.

#2370 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I usually expect people to save physical violence for when it’s actually needed to protect themselves rather then when they are triggered by someone pretending their dog is a support animal. Normally here I’d say “you do you”, but when you advocate violence because your feelings are hurt, I have to wonder.

Yawn

#2371 2 years ago

Best joke I’ve heard this year lol!!!!! What’s the next one? Ben and Jerry’s just makes frozen desserts?!

#2372 2 years ago

Maybe you missed what happened last week? Not sure how you could have seen the videos and made this statement. I won’t post because it would probably be against rules but it’s not hard to find.

#2374 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

OK, good luck with the wondering.

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:You really can’t say they don’t have an agenda because they do.

Making money? Sure. But I worked for Disney for many years (not at the parks), it's a business that likes to protect it's brand. I hope that's what you mean.

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

But I worked for Disney for many years (not at the parks), it's a business that likes to protect it's brand.

So does organized crime...does that make it right?

#2377 2 years ago

Just got back last week from Disneyland.
I timed my visit to coincide with the Wondercon comic book show across the street.
Last time I was at Disneyland was about a year ago when there was a mask mandate and all the Disney Employees would hunt / flank you down if you weren’t wearing a mask or not wearing it correctly (it was so awesome to watch this take place and I was impressed with the situation awareness).

*New things I noticed this time from last.
-Genie pass: kinda cool but pricey when used. There was also an interesting agenda set up on the app where it will categories what you want and the current line times so you can make the most of the day.

-Ronto Wrap: BEST FOOD I have ever eaten inside Disneyland. I feel sorry for people that go to Disneyland and don’t order one of these. FckDelicious

-How many Light Sabers and how to choose? I picked the Dark Saber, but kinda wish I got the Darth Maul Shadow or Cal Kestis.

-Roger Rabbit is closed…pissed about this because I enjoyed the walk over there.

-Disneyland lost and found, found my hat and sent me an e-mail the next day.
UNBELIEVABLE!
Thank you Mouse!

Disneyland and Wondercon together was FUN and I’m glad I was able to enjoy both to get the most of my time off work.

6C8236FE-A36E-4509-96FD-20D5536DF2C5 (resized).jpeg6C8236FE-A36E-4509-96FD-20D5536DF2C5 (resized).jpeg365A7C3C-4820-411B-924E-5A2F021FDFA4 (resized).jpeg365A7C3C-4820-411B-924E-5A2F021FDFA4 (resized).jpegA3CF256D-3827-49E3-9C7B-3869FE0C3288 (resized).jpegA3CF256D-3827-49E3-9C7B-3869FE0C3288 (resized).jpeg78998065-A557-40F3-9F61-183D2EFD911F (resized).jpeg78998065-A557-40F3-9F61-183D2EFD911F (resized).jpeg06F7E0B9-17CA-4423-9F71-DA208418A58D (resized).jpeg06F7E0B9-17CA-4423-9F71-DA208418A58D (resized).jpeg35521821-9EED-46D8-9928-BA2DC30F672E (resized).jpeg35521821-9EED-46D8-9928-BA2DC30F672E (resized).jpeg297C650F-0599-4574-AB73-086D00EA5152 (resized).jpeg297C650F-0599-4574-AB73-086D00EA5152 (resized).jpeg918B3289-8762-4F03-A802-A1DC2CD22FA2 (resized).jpeg918B3289-8762-4F03-A802-A1DC2CD22FA2 (resized).jpegEB6649C8-59DF-40C1-8811-D9E2E62D14B5 (resized).jpegEB6649C8-59DF-40C1-8811-D9E2E62D14B5 (resized).jpeg81E2F257-9FA0-46AA-A8B7-CF9CF4B4A03E (resized).jpeg81E2F257-9FA0-46AA-A8B7-CF9CF4B4A03E (resized).jpeg90354489-D9DD-4292-939B-3B037F0D42A1 (resized).jpeg90354489-D9DD-4292-939B-3B037F0D42A1 (resized).jpeg830ED249-6C9E-4A2C-A680-399E0E7C6B6A (resized).jpeg830ED249-6C9E-4A2C-A680-399E0E7C6B6A (resized).jpegE2CD213D-FE04-41D6-BB04-12BD897DBB46 (resized).jpegE2CD213D-FE04-41D6-BB04-12BD897DBB46 (resized).jpeg

#2378 2 years ago

I bet those pictures would be awesome if I could see them?
Thanks pictures are great!!!

#2379 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I bet those pictures would be awesome if I could see them?

I just changed the resolution on them. Is that better?

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Great pictures thanks.I was told they don’t have Disney characters just walking around as much as they use to.

#2381 2 years ago

So if you ever wondered what the intentions of Disney are, now we know. Watch this disturbing video how Disney executives tell you about there bubble community in the desert. All ran by Mickey Mouse. Your house is built by Disney architects, your food and shops are run by Disney employees. At the end of the day come home and relax to watch Disney +. Nevermind how they plan to handle crime,lockdowns, or fires. It's like the cruise ship you can't ever get off, no longer is it a vacation escape but a mindset and lifestyle. I think someone else had tried this years ago and called it Jonestown.

#2382 2 years ago

Is this for real?

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Dude, ALL stocks have been like that this year. Disney is no exception.

Wrong

SmartSelect_20220412-230219_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220412-230219_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Nevermind how they plan to handle crime,lockdowns, or fires.

Like every other community in America? Yup.

Quoted from Viggin900:

I think someone else had tried this years ago and called it Jonestown.

I have to admit, I’m absolutely fascinated by the language used in the Disney thread today. Cavalier advocation of violence? Equating Disney with a cult massacre of over 900 people? I know I’ve turned into a Lib now, but I just laugh at the direction of society when these are the words we use.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

So if you ever wondered what the intentions of Disney are, now we know. Watch this disturbing video how Disney executives tell you about there bubble community in the desert. All ran by Mickey Mouse. Your house is built by Disney architects, your food and shops are run by Disney employees. At the end of the day come home and relax to watch Disney +. Nevermind how they plan to handle crime,lockdowns, or fires. It's like the cruise ship you can't ever get off, no longer is it a vacation escape but a mindset and lifestyle. I think someone else had tried this years ago and called it Jonestown.

Well I don’t know about all that.

It certainly doesn’t appeal to me though. I lived in Irvine a few years and they have lots of these planned communities, such as Aliso Viejo, and they are very expensive and have a large special tax attached to the property to cover infrastructure (Mello Roos tax). No thanks.

The concept art looks bland and sterile, like the scrapped Reflections DVC resort. They couldn’t even bother to play Disney music in the background video.

Now if I could live in a community that feels like Port Orleans French Quarter, I’d be interested. But Disney isn’t into strong theming anymore and imagineering doesn’t seem up to it.

If I wanted “Disney living” I would move to Orlando and get an annual pass.

#2386 2 years ago

Hey, I just discovered this thread and I wanted to share some 70’s reminiscing. We moved to Atlanta GA from Kenosha WI in 1974, when I was 10. My grandpa realized that we were “close” to Disney World, and he brought his camper down. We drove down and camped in Orlando, I think it was Disney property. DW was just 3 years old then, no Epcot or anything like that. My fondest memory was putting money in the injection-molding machines and getting out a hot plastic Mickey and Goofy. I would LOVE to find one of those machines now. The Peter Pan ride was there, I think, and Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride. I want to think that there were real shooting galleries too, and of course some brightly colored EM pins (though that might have been Six Flags Over GA).

I have a lot to say about the “controversy”, but I don’t want to get myself moderated. I’ll just say that my old Atlanta roommate was a short, very cute lesbian, and she was a Mickey Mouse for a few years. She’s a really good person, went on to manage a bank here.

We haven’t been to DW in about 4 years, but I’m definitely looking forward to the next visit.

#2387 2 years ago

Oh, I just thought of another great Disney memory. My group was doing software for the first digital cable box, and our deadline was insane. Management got us all together and we voted on what incentive we wanted. Option 1 was a Disney Cruise for our families, and option 2 was something like $5k. We all voted for the cruise, worked our asses off and made the deadline. Our son was 5 years old, and he had an amazing time on the cruise. This would have been around 2003. I need to go back and look at pics from that trip, I remember so little about it now.

#2388 2 years ago

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

When it comes to "norms" and societal expectations, we've gone from zero tolerance to 100% tolerance. Neither is good, but it certainly seems better when we're a few notches closer to zero than 100.

From where I sit, you have this exactly backwards (both sentences).

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Those are called “Master Planned Communities“ or MPCs. They are most of the new construction in FL. Disney built their own town back in the 90s called Celebration. It’s not some conspiracy plot. These get built all the time by lots of developers https://celebration.fl.us/

#2391 2 years ago

It's amazing what Fear Rhetoric can do.
I remember well how Celebration was going to be a stepford town. Brainwashed Disney fed Children. News stories of Disney horrors.
My brother was part if legal team on
this. He was also the official first family
Spokesperson. Add in John Titor and Time Travel and heads spin in SM, with Agendas, Conspiracies, Disney or Govt plots. My other brother gets added in with his govt clearance.
I still get daily email with questions, rants and threats.
It's really quite amusing what people fabricate and "Believe"

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

-Ronto Wrap: BEST FOOD I have ever eaten inside Disneyland. I feel sorry for people that go to Disneyland and don’t order one of these. FckDelicious

Truth.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2393 2 years ago

I had to think hard about what those were, but now that I have seen them, I remember they weren't bad. I did just stumble on to a recipe to make your own if anyone is "jonesing" for park food.

http://ashleycrafted.com/recipe/star-wars-galaxys-edge-ronto-wraps-recipe/

The food item I miss most was about 7-8 years ago, Seasons (the Land Pavilion in EPCOT) used to have a breakfast offering of Blueberry Croissant Pudding (think bread pudding). It was amazing, and only ~$5 probably because it was a recipe designed to use the left over croissants from the day before. Sadly they don't offer it any more. My wife and I used to love starting our day in the park by going there, having that and a coffee for breakfast then wandering into Living with the Land or Soarin'.

I ended up finding a recipe for it online, and now it is a breakfast staple of all of our family holiday get togethers. It's really simple and benefits from being prepped a day or so ahead of time, meaning you can just toss it in the oven when the first person in the house wakes up.

http://www.magicalrecipes.net/sunshine-seasons-croissant-berry-pudding-recipe/
*Note - I add more blueberries because 3oz never seems like enough. I also like to make it in a disposable foil pan because it sticks and is a pain to clean after*

#2394 2 years ago

A Ronto Wrap and a Tatooine Sunset is the one meal I have pretty much every trip.

Damn, now my stomach's growling.

#2395 2 years ago

Interesting that only DW seems to be mentioned here. I live less than an hour from Disneyland, and as a Disney employee I used to have a free family pass, plus some comp tickets yearly. Makes a huge difference - you could enter the park from a side gate, away from the crowds. Listening brings back memories - we used to have canoe races early in the morning, before the park was open, driving down in the dark from Disney Studios. Fun times. But yeah, the prices - I used to use the fastpass a lot when we did go, I guess they've changed that. I know our company now has a group that goes often. I might have to go with them, I know I need to see the new Star Wars area and ride, and the rethemed Tower of Terror in California Adventure.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I have to admit, I’m absolutely fascinated by the language used in the Disney thread today. Cavalier advocation of violence? Equating Disney with a cult massacre of over 900 people? I know I’ve turned into a Lib now, but I just laugh at the direction of society when these are the words we use.

Same here. Pinside has a clear bias on what they remove and what they allow, which is about all I'm going to say about it. It's sad, because the site otherwise can be a great resource and there are some great people here.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Thanks Paul for the post - I was there myself, I remember the Alien chestburster woman. Spent the day, had the best weekend. Loved talking to all the artists and cosplayers - came away with some new drawing techniques, too.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Interesting that only DW seems to be mentioned here. I live less than an hour from Disneyland, and as a Disney employee I used to have a free family pass, plus some comp tickets yearly. Makes a huge difference - you could enter the park from a side gate, away from the crowds. Listening brings back memories - we used to have canoe races early in the morning, before the park was open, driving down in the dark from Disney Studios. Fun times. But yeah, the prices - I used to use the fastpass a lot when we did go, I guess they've changed that. I know our company now has a group that goes often. I might have to go with them, I know I need to see the new Star Wars area and ride, and the rethemed Tower of Terror in California Adventure.

DL is covered in this thread a fair amount also, although yes most of the discussion is about DW. I live down the road and am an AP holder, so I have been there approximately 1 billion times (it seems sometimes). So I report here when I see interesting stuff over there. Family members love going to DL over and over and over and over again, so I often end up going along. I like the place and all, but after a while like pretty much anything in life, there's a point where it seems like enough is enough. That's just me though. I don't mind going, really the major drawback to me is crowds.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from MtnFrost:

Pinside has a clear bias on what they remove and what they allow, which is about all I'm going to say about it.

I disagree that the Pinside mods/administrators have a political bias. I think they do their best with a difficult job -- it's easy to make a "no politics" rule and hard to implement in a world where so many topics have political implications.

Pinside users lean conservative, of course, which tracks with the demographics of pinball enthusiasts in general. So when Pinsiders tiptoe up to (or vault across) the "no politics" line, they're more likely to be doing so from a conservative slant. And with us all being human and therefore more likely to view posts we don't agree with as violating the rules, there are likely more Pinsiders primed to report rule violations that have a liberal slant, which in turn increases the odds of those posts being modded. None of which makes the mods biased, it's just a function of the site's user-base, and the mods having limited bandwidth to deal with our collective nonsense.

#2400 2 years ago

I can assure you that some on Pinside (like me) view the moderators as being overwhelmingly liberal. See the old COVID containment thread. When they manage to anger both sides, they are doing a good job. We could each point out examples where we think that the site is being biased for one side or the other. About the only the this site can agree on is Pinball, and as that is what unites us, thats what we talk about... and Disney.

With that said, kids are looking forward to Disney.

If you are planning a trip, note that Disney is not offering Dining plans as of yet, and you cannot order dinner reservations until 60 days out now.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.