D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 53.
#2301 2 years ago

Still planning a trip. I'm either doing 6 days at a disney resort with 5 in the parks and 1 day of rest in the middle (kids 5,8, and 10) or doing 4 days of Disney then Universal for 2.

Any thoughts?

Taking the kids out early in the school year for less crowds.

We would skip Animal Kingdom.

#2302 2 years ago

I think if I go again I would probably do 2 days at Universal and 4 in Disney.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:Still planning a trip. I'm either doing 6 days at a disney resort with 5 in the parks and 1 day of rest in the middle (kids 5,8, and 10) or doing 4 days of Disney then Universal for 2.
Any thoughts?

#2303 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Still planning a trip. I'm either doing 6 days at a disney resort with 5 in the parks and 1 day of rest in the middle (kids 5,8, and 10) or doing 4 days of Disney then Universal for 2.
Any thoughts?

If they are harry potter fans then you have no choice but to go to Universal.It's a must do for Harry fans.I think the rides for the most part at universal are for older peps and Disney is better for the younger ones. Can't lose either way,have a great time.

#2304 2 years ago

What does everyone think of Space 220? Despite the bad reviews we had some awesome food there.

#2305 2 years ago

Any thoughts?

Try and spend more time at Universal. Disney is a mess right now.

#2306 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

What does everyone think of Space 220? Despite the bad reviews we had some awesome food there.

My wife and I got in there for drinks and apps. It's pricey, but fun.

#2307 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

We enjoyed it enough in January to go back again when we were there a couple weeks ago. I have to wonder if a lot of the griping isn't due to the price, which is admittedly on the insane side. We did lunch, when the price tag isn't quite as painful, but there are a couple items taken off the menu. My wife and daughter are vegetarians, so the Blue Moon Cauliflower was a huge hit.

If the kids order a mocktail they get a pack of trading cards, and we had a great waitress who told our daughter and niece about the rarest cards that people were scalping. Then she gave them each an extra pack and lo and behold, they were thrilled when they each had a rare card. Not sure if she had a way to stage that or what, but we looked them up and there really were people selling them on ebay for hundreds of dollars. I didn't have any luck talking our niece into scalping hers to cover our meal.

#2308 2 years ago

25% off on vacation for Disney+ subscribers through September 30...very interesting.

If I had to guess, they've probably had a lot of cancellations for vacations and and a lot of cancellations for Disney+. This is very odd for Disney to offer what is normally an Annual Pass Holder discount to Disney+ subscribers. I pay $1,300 for my annual pass compared to $160 for Disney+.

I was looking earlier for Nov 3 - 7 (been booked for months), just to see if any AP discounts pop up. What I did notice, is a lot more availability has opened up compared to what it was a couple weeks ago. That's NJ week too. Rooms should already be limited and higher priced.

#2309 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

25% off on vacation for Disney+ subscribers through September 30...very interesting.
If I had to guess, they've probably had a lot of cancellations for vacations and and a lot of cancellations for Disney+. This is very odd for Disney to offer what is normally an Annual Pass Holder discount to Disney+ subscribers. I pay $1,300 for my annual pass compared to $160 for Disney+.
I was looking earlier for Nov 3 - 7 (been booked for months), just to see if any AP discounts pop up. What I did notice, is a lot more availability has opened up compared to what it was a couple weeks ago. That's NJ week too. Rooms should already be limited and higher priced.

We were looking last week and there was the lowest summer availability I have ever seen. The new Disney plus sale comes out and all of a sudden openings like crazy. Almost like they were holding back rooms for the sale to get more subscribers to Disney+.
Still hoping an AP discount comes out and is a little better than the Disney+ sale. We ended up booking Pop Century for 6 days and Old Key West for 12. Similar price for what we paid for AKL in 2018 so really not too bad.

#2310 2 years ago

350,000 Disney+ cancellations in the last week

#2311 2 years ago

Is the affordable housing units they are building part of the theme park? I don't remember that being one of the scenes at the World of Tommorow in epcot as a kid?

#2312 2 years ago

IAPPA is around Nov 15, as well as Florida Freeplay.
A good week to come before Holiday rush. and everything should be set up.

IAPPA is a unique experience to add to a trip.

https://tinyurl.com/3z5jp545

Hopefully this year will see International exhibitors.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2313 2 years ago

Any thoughts?

#2314 2 years ago

I've opted to go to Universal Hollywood this year for the first time rather than Disney when I'm out in Anaheim for NAMM. The choice was simple: $180 a day for Disney (plus the genie bulls**t) and wait in lines all day, or pay $350 for a Universal VIP pass which gets me breakfast, lunch, semi-private tours with off-bus excursions backstage, and jumping to the front of the line all day for rides. It's a no-brainer. I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I'll learn to love him for one day.

#2315 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've opted to go to Universal Hollywood this year for the first time rather than Disney when I'm out in Anaheim for NAMM. The choice was simple: $180 a day for Disney (plus the genie bulls**t) and wait in lines all day, or pay $350 for a Universal VIP pass which gets me breakfast, lunch, semi-private tours with off-bus excursions backstage, and jumping to the front of the line all day for rides. It's a no-brainer. I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan, but I'll learn to love him for one day.

VIP tour out there is fantastic!!!!!!

Do you like sushi?

#2316 2 years ago

Animals are my view from my room at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

0796438A-9FFF-4250-B6F1-B16AD021ED45 (resized).jpeg0796438A-9FFF-4250-B6F1-B16AD021ED45 (resized).jpeg289B1C82-77D1-475D-B301-78F8A5297B1D (resized).jpeg289B1C82-77D1-475D-B301-78F8A5297B1D (resized).jpeg32DACD29-D707-4895-B418-036D45587EBE (resized).jpeg32DACD29-D707-4895-B418-036D45587EBE (resized).jpeg6171EB47-3E0D-43D3-B9B4-7182651600DA (resized).jpeg6171EB47-3E0D-43D3-B9B4-7182651600DA (resized).jpegA4BD6A5B-504E-495C-824D-50622D3BCA21 (resized).jpegA4BD6A5B-504E-495C-824D-50622D3BCA21 (resized).jpegD7A31126-F1BF-4794-BBA3-942A0E6B7CE3 (resized).jpegD7A31126-F1BF-4794-BBA3-942A0E6B7CE3 (resized).jpegDCB4D64A-C9DC-4B09-B3AA-B420AF7CE813 (resized).jpegDCB4D64A-C9DC-4B09-B3AA-B420AF7CE813 (resized).jpegF5F1E946-048F-49D8-B2FD-CBCF4E3D33F0 (resized).jpegF5F1E946-048F-49D8-B2FD-CBCF4E3D33F0 (resized).jpeg
#2317 2 years ago

I think your 8 and 10 year olds would enjoy a bunch of rides at Universal. Depending on how daring (and tall) they are they may not be in for the biggest coasters, but as long as they’re moderately brave there’s plenty there for them. The 5 year old might prefer Disney though.

If you’re doing Universal for 1-2 days I’d strongly consider staying at one of their Premier hotels - you get free Early Admission (extra hour at one of the parks) and free Universal Express Unlimited (fast lane for almost all rides in the park - I wouldn’t do Universal without this and it can be expensive). Given the cost of Express passes the room will likely pay for itself, and one night gets you the freebies for both check-in day (you can early check in before the parks open) and departure day.

Whatever you decide to do, include days of rest! If you’re doing full days at the parks everyone will be tired by the morning, and the kids will appreciate a day or two playing in the resort pool or some mini-golf more than another long day at the parks. You will too. You’re paying a lot to be there so it can feel hard to include days off in the schedule, but you’re also paying a lot to be in the parks each day, and if your family is too worn down by the end to really enjoy each day that’s a bummer too. Ideally I’d recommend one day on, one day off with kids of that age.

#2318 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice all!

We ended up doing reservations for 6 days at Disney, with the expectation that one of those days would be spent relaxing by a pool with only a brief trip in to Epcot for food. From what we can tell, Art of Animation is the way to go for a family of 5. We got 25% off with our Disney + subscription. Can't buy meal plans this far in advance. Of note, you have to reserve which park you are going to in advance now. All of April is already sold out.

#2319 2 years ago

Thanks for the advice all!
We ended up doing reservations for 6 days at Disney, with the expectation that one of those days would be spent relaxing by a pool with only a brief trip in to Epcot for food. From what we can tell, Art of Animation is the way to go for a family of 5. We got 25% off with our Disney + subscription. Can't buy meal plans this far in advance. Of note, you have to reserve which park you are going to in advance now. All of April is already sold out.

As of right now there's still no such thing as a dining plan. There are rumors that Disney might rerelease them this year, but who knows.

Not sure when your last trip was, but if the Skyliner wasn't open yet you're going to love it. So much more efficient than other forms of transportation.

#2320 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

As of right now there's still no such thing as a dining plan. There are rumors that Disney might rerelease them this year, but who knows.
Not sure when your last trip was, but if the Skyliner wasn't open yet you're going to love it. So much more efficient than other forms of transportation.

We went about 4 years ago and saw it under construction. Going with a 5, 8 and 10 year old instead of a 1, 4, and 6 year old so expecting a much better experience.

#2321 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

When Disney+ came out they had a 3 year cheap package. It's what I bought. It expires soon.
I'm assuming this is most of the 3 year people not renewing.

#2322 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Animals are my view from my room at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Back when rooms were $95, My wife and I would spend hours on the balcony watching the social behavior.
Giraffes were amazing!

One might need to travel to Africa to see this, as the time in a zoo isnt the same or covenant.

#2323 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

This is one of those internet rumors that turns out not to be based on any real data. Of course Disney could be losing some business now, but if there’s an organized boycott in the works I imagine they’d aim to hit more than 0.2% of the subscriber base.

#2324 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

When Disney+ came out they had a 3 year cheap package. It's what I bought. It expires soon.
I'm assuming this is most of the 3 year people not renewing.

We have the 3 year deal, it expires this November. I did just cancel our subscription due to recent events. My kids weren’t too upset really, they only watch the older shows and they can watch that elsewhere. Me and the wife don’t use it.

#2325 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

We have the 3 year deal, it expires this November. I did just cancel our subscription due to recent events. My kids weren’t too upset really, they only watch the older shows and they can watch that elsewhere. Me and the wife don’t use it.

I don't have the 3-year deal and I'm canceling. As a teacher, I'm dealing with my state mandating the teaching of gender identity to 2nd graders. The last thing I want to hear is that the Happiest Place on Earth is going in the same direction.

If you have a political opinion, that's great and I respect it even if it differs from mine. Just don't subject your age-inappropriate beliefs on kids when they're just there to have a great time--either in the parks or on TV.

#2326 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

This sounds... Awesome! I didn't know such a thing existed at universal. I've only been to universal in Florida and that was a long time ago. But it's great to know they have this. Our future plans include a lot more time spent at universal parks.

#2327 2 years ago

+1 for the Universal vip tour. Well worth it.

#2328 2 years ago

Things are not normal at the Magic Kingdom.The desperate Disney+ and park discount was a clear sign.

20220410_023255 (resized).jpg20220410_023255 (resized).jpg
#2329 2 years ago

Disney Revenue 21.82B 34.28% Increase in Revenue.
Yes, they saw Cancellations, but Bookings are up, and much, maybe all will be resold due to demand.

From Family, the Political issues, are just a short diversion. Media and Politics clueless to whats happening as a business,
and simply part of "The Game"

No one is worried there, Just like the NFL, other Sports, Movies, etc. People react to Media, which has its own Agenda,
Blow a Dog Whistle, and for a while, some people respond.

#2330 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Disney Revenue 21.82B 34.28% Increase in Revenue.
Yes, they saw Cancellations, but Bookings are up, and much, maybe all will be resold due to demand.
From Family, the Political issues, are just a short diversion. Media and Politics clueless to whats happening as a business,
and simply part of "The Game"
No one is worried there, Just like the NFL, other Sports, Movies, etc. People react to Media, which has its own Agenda,

Not a dog whistle for me. When a park founded by a family man supports anti family agendas I not support them. I have literally probably spent $100k on Disney over the years. Not $1 more from here on out.

#2331 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Just like the Grammy's right?

#2332 2 years ago

And thats your Freedom of Choice.

I havent been for years...and its Free for me, but its the Crowds, that keep me away.

But if you feel that way now, and didnt in the recent past.......

#2333 2 years ago

Im Not trying to be Political Guys, follow what you feel is right for you.

But if your decisions change because of recent media, just acknowledge that.

Im not judging, or disagreeing with anyone's personal decisions.

#2334 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Not a dog whistle for me. When a park founded by a family man supports anti family agendas I not support them. I have literally probably spent $100k on Disney over the years. Not $1 more from here on out.

The company has exorcised Walt and Roy years go, as soon as Eisner took the reins, it was over. The parks was the only place that the Disney soul was left, and that is starting to fade.

#2335 2 years ago

Think "Peter Pan" under Walt....same drama then.

#2336 2 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Maybe Disney could build a new land or park for their anti family executives and see what kind of revenues it generates instead of bastardizing the existing parks and attractions?

#2337 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I don't have the 3-year deal and I'm canceling. As a teacher, I'm dealing with my state mandating the teaching of gender identity to 2nd graders. The last thing I want to hear is that the Happiest Place on Earth is going in the same direction.
If you have a political opinion, that's great and I respect it even if it differs from mine. Just don't subject your age-inappropriate beliefs on kids when they're just there to have a great time--either in the parks or on TV.

Disney used to get it right “ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls”. WTF is a dreamer???

And as for NJ, what a bunch of sick f- - - ks.

When I was in school, we didn’t learn about sex Ed until 5th grade. Things I was concerned about in 2nd grade: transformers, he-man, MASK, Star Wars, disney world, what Santa was bringing me for Christmas, what the Easter bunny was bringing me for Easter and staying as far away from girls as I could, because they had the cooties.

#2338 2 years ago

If you scroll back a few pages everyone was posting about overcrowding ruining the Disney experience. If this little kerfuffle actually changes anyone’s vacation plans, we may just have found a solution to the crowding problem.

#2339 2 years ago

Speaking of Disney+, this discussion encouraged me to check and my three year deal for $4/month is up end of August. Time flies! My kids are deep in the Star Wars / Marvel content so we still use it all the time. Does anyone have leads/rumors on discounts for re-upping? Even if you’re unhappy with Disney at the moment, if you help me save money on the subscription you’re taking money out of their pocket, which we can all agree is a good thing!

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you scroll back a few pages everyone was posting about overcrowding ruining the Disney experience. If this little kerfuffle actually changes anyone’s vacation plans, we may just have found a solution to the crowding problem.

The overcrowding was the first nail in the coffin. Getting assaulted by blind mothers with strollers was the second. Watching clearly mobile people scam themselves to the front of the line on their little carts was the third. The ridiculous (and constantly rising) prices was the fourth. This thing was the last nail for me. It was a long time coming, and in a way I'm glad they did it. It'll save me a ton of money. (But I am glad I rode Rise of the Resistance first!)

#2341 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The overcrowding was the first nail in the coffin. Getting assaulted by blind mothers with strollers was the second. Watching clearly mobile people scam themselves to the front of the line on their little carts was the third. The ridiculous (and constantly rising) prices was the fourth. This thing was the last nail for me. It was a long time coming, and in a way I'm glad they did it. It'll save me a ton of money. (But I am glad I rode Rise of the Resistance first!)

Now You sound like me! Welcome to the "Old Guys who yell at clouds " Club!

But Ill go back with all thrills with my Granddaughter,

#2342 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Now You sound like me! Welcome to the "Old Guys who yell at clouds " Club!
But Ill go back with all thrills with my Granddaughter,

I think you meant to say Granddreamer.

#2343 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Getting assaulted by blind mothers with strollers was the second.

Especially when the kid in the stroller is 7 years old ... that extra weight makes the plastic stroller's momentum dig into your leg more for maximum bleeding

#2344 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Especially when the kid in the stroller is 7 years old ... that extra weight makes the plastic stroller's momentum dig into your leg more for maximum bleeding

I don't mind the stollers as much, it's getting hit from behind by an overweight drunk on a scooter that burns me up.

#2345 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't mind the stollers as much, it's getting hit from behind by an overweight drunk on a scooter that burns me up.

When do those scooters become a thing?

Got to say, in the 80’s, I don’t remember seeing any of them in the parks. If someone was in a wheel chair, they were being pushed.

#2346 2 years ago

I’m one of the skinniest fat guys you’ll ever meet. Hope the meal plan makes a comeback.

#2347 2 years ago

I have my trip coming up next week. Really bummed Im missing GotG by a month. But will be first time to galaxy's edge so Im super excited for that. Ive watched a bunch of videos to learn how to use Genie Plus effectively..

#2348 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When eating yourself into obesity became a disability.

#2349 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

You’re going to hate the future …

13D42519-BE5B-4310-A688-9741F2C39614 (resized).png13D42519-BE5B-4310-A688-9741F2C39614 (resized).png
#2350 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I have my trip coming up next week. Really bummed Im missing GotG by a month. But will be first time to galaxy's edge so Im super excited for that. Ive watched a bunch of videos to learn how to use Genie Plus effectively..

We are going mid May and going to just to miss it also, but the good thing is it give us a excuse to go back sooner than later :}:}:}

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/47?hl=mbrave77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.