D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 53.
#1951 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I can't wait until my incredipass expires, so I can get one of the cheaper annual passes.
My pass renewed before they had the different tiers for out of staters.
When I renewed, it was the platinum pass. Disney automatically gave me the incredipass and took away my photo pass (which was standard on platinum pass). When I was at guest relations, the guy said the incredipass and platinum pass were exactly the same. My reply "Then where's my photo pass?" He said "that's an extra now." Then I said "So I guess they're not the same then..." Disney ended up giving me the photo pass for free on my account. I'm sure I'm not the only one with the transition to the new passes.

Our photo pass stayed on when it changed to an incredipass but knowing Disney’s tech rollout problems I’m sure a ton didn’t.
Out of staters are still limited to the same top tier pass as before unless you are a DVC member then you can purchase the next one down, which used to be the gold pass.
I heard the next big increase will be food. With everything going up locally Disney food prices actually weren’t that bad. My local take out places have gone up 15-50%. There are now meals in Disney that I can’t even get for that price back home in Michigan now. I’m just hoping they hold off a little longer, we have a big summer trip planned and then our passes will expire and we do not plan on renewing. We are looking to take a few years off and see some other places but I’m sure we will be back, just don’t know if we will ever be back for 18 day stays with annual passes again.
I have to say the Genie plus thing wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Not nearly as many people are using it as used fast pass plus so the lightning lanes aren’t slowing down the standby lines as long as they used to. When we went over Christmas it was jam packed and touring plans had crowds as a 10 every park every day, but the stand by lines were shorter than any other Christmas we have ever been too.

#1952 2 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Our photo pass stayed on when it changed to an incredipass but knowing Disney’s tech rollout problems I’m sure a ton didn’t.
Out of staters are still limited to the same top tier pass as before unless you are a DVC member then you can purchase the next one down, which used to be the gold pass.
I heard the next big increase will be food. With everything going up locally Disney food prices actually weren’t that bad. My local take out places have gone up 15-50%. There are now meals in Disney that I can’t even get for that price back home in Michigan now. I’m just hoping they hold off a little longer, we have a big summer trip planned and then our passes will expire and we do not plan on renewing. We are looking to take a few years off and see some other places but I’m sure we will be back, just don’t know if we will ever be back for 18 day stays with annual passes again.
I have to say the Genie plus thing wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Not nearly as many people are using it as used fast pass plus so the lightning lanes aren’t slowing down the standby lines as long as they used to. When we went over Christmas it was jam packed and touring plans had crowds as a 10 every park every day, but the stand by lines were shorter than any other Christmas we have ever been too.

Food has to go up. We can’t have 7% inflation in the country and have every restaurant in the country raise their prices except for Disney restaurants.

#1953 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people are canceling Disney trips due to increase costs of tickets, hotels, food, transportation and paid line cutting.
I'm wondering how many people have finally hit their breaking point.
When I look at our Disney Hollywood Studios day. $60 for Rise of Resistance, $40 for Mickey runaway train, and $60 for genie plus (4 people total). Disney got out of me an extra $160 for the day, just to cut down on lines. Then the increased cost of the parks, the increased cost of food for the day. IMO, the travel cost to and from the airport should be factored in on a per day basis too.

#1954 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Food has to go up. We can’t have 7% inflation in the country and have every restaurant in the country raise their prices except for Disney restaurants.

Except for the fact that prices were already 25% inflated.

#1955 2 years ago

Going to have a few hours to kill on Saturday when I land in Orlando with the family.

Anybody ever been to Dezerland for pinball? How is it?

#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Going to have a few hours to kill on Saturday when I land in Orlando with the family.
Anybody ever been to Dezerland for pinball? How is it?

Are you visiting Disney or just going to Orlando?

#1957 2 years ago

I went to Hollywood studios on Jan 18th and it seems very crowed to me now. I have a annual pass and went with my brother. My brother had a stroke (handicapped) but still walks the park but usually by 4pm or 5pm he is tired and ready to leave (which is fine by me). We got there a little after 9 am and most rides already were over 1hr wait. I think ROR was at 180 mins for most of the day. We walked to Mickey's RR and it said 65 mins so we decided to wait for that ride. It broke down while we were in line and after over an hour waiting we decided to leave (we didn't move very far).

At this point, I decided maybe we should try to buy the genie and give that a try. I bought the genie tickets through the app at maybe around 10:30 AM and it said that tower of terror was the 1st ride available at 12:10. So we booked that and saw that the ride with the shortest standby wait was Star Tours with around 45 mins. We went over there did that ride and then went to lunch.

After lunch we went over to Tower of Terror for our Genie pass and it was also broke down. We hung around for a while and it came back online and we did the ride with basically no wait with the Genie. Of note, at one time at least 3 rides were broken down at the same time (Mickey's, TOT & Slinky)

After that I tried to book my next Genie ride but there was nothing available till after 6pm and we would be gone by then. So we headed back to Mickey's RR and I tried to buy the pass to skip the line. Of course at that point the next available time slot was 7pm. We just waited in line at that point and after that ride we just decided to head back home as everything else was over an hour again and ROR was still 180 mins.

We ended up just doing the 3 rides. Now consider we went to Hollywood studios right before they put in the genie system and we did every ride in the park (except Slinky and the spinning ride in toy story) also did ROR (with the virtual cue) and the lightsaber build and was out of the park by 5pm.

What I have noticed is that they let so many people that use the Genie or the pay per ride than the standby line that it is so annoying and frustrating. I find it to be a terrible system.

At least I understand how the Genie works now and you have to buy it early and book your first ride at 7am.

#1958 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

At least I understand how they Genie works now and you have to buy it early and book your first ride at 7am.

That's definitely the deal with Genie+ and buying Lighting Lane for the big rides. It's a pain in the ass getting up at 7 and then having to strategize how you use it the rest of the day, but it beats waiting in the standard lines. Makes me appreciate Universal Studios though -- their fast pass is a pure naked cash grab where you basically pay double the ticket price. But you're paying for the old-school park experience where you're not sweating log-ins and timers and can just get on whatever ride whenever you want to. I wonder if Disney will ever go that way with it?

#1959 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Are you visiting Disney or just going to Orlando?

going to disney but our first day there is monday. will be arriving sat at 1 p.m., but can't check into house until 4. just looking for something to kill the time between landing and going to house

#1960 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

That's definitely the deal with Genie+ and buying Lighting Lane for the big rides. It's a pain in the ass getting up at 7 and then having to strategize how you use it the rest of the day, but it beats waiting in the standard lines. Makes me appreciate Universal Studios though -- their fast pass is a pure naked cash grab where you basically pay double the ticket price. But you're paying for the old-school park experience where you're not sweating log-ins and timers and can just get on whatever ride whenever you want to. I wonder if Disney will ever go that way with it?

Universal's system was maybe less stressful in the morning but was such a rip-off for us! Instead of 3 hour waits it'd be a 1.5 hour wait with the express pass when we went. At least with lightning lane we waited a maximum of 15 minutes. The lines at Universal were unbearable for us even with the express pass! We waited over an hour for the Hogwarts train "ride". We were beyond excited going back to Disney's system the next day where we never waited more than a few minutes during the busiest time of year.

#1961 2 years ago

At the parks all this week. Crazy busy.

#1962 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

going to disney but our first day there is monday. will be arriving sat at 1 p.m., but can't check into house until 4. just looking for something to kill the time between landing and going to house

Disney Springs has plenty to keep you busy.

#1963 2 years ago

Anyone else use Touring Plans app? I'm curious if it is still accurate these days.

#1964 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Anyone else use Touring Plans app? I'm curious if it is still accurate these days.

I was actually wondering that too after all of the changes that have taken place

#1965 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

At Christmas it was very accurate all day but at night it never could predict that the rides would empty out right before closing. The forecast for the lines for the big rides would say it would stay busy all the way till close, but like usual the last 15 minutes you could still get in line for even the biggest of the rides for minimal waits.
Example, flight of passage was between 90 minutes and 150 minutes all day and it predicted that it wouldn’t dip below 120 all the way till close. However 15 minutes before closing the line dropped to 45 minutes or less.
All in all it’s still worth it I think but don’t take the late night forecasts as being 100% accurate

#1966 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Universal's system was maybe less stressful in the morning but was such a rip-off for us! Instead of 3 hour waits it'd be a 1.5 hour wait with the express pass when we went.

That's nuts -- I was at Universal Florida during Thanksgiving week this year and our longest lines with the express pass were maybe 25 mins. I assumed it was always that way!

Quoted from radium:

We used the Touring Plans app this Thanksgiving and found it very helpful. It badly misfired on Space Mountain (predicted wait 20 mins, actual wait 55 mins) but was otherwise pretty on point for wait times. They hadn't really integrated Genie+ into the app yet so you had to do some extra planning to figure that out, but I imagine they're working on that.

#1967 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

At WDW, wait times are all over the board. We keep track of every wait time and previously they were within 15%. This week, half were almost dead on, the other half were all understated. We had to ask cast members their opionions - and each time they were pretty spot on.

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I do want to try a Disney cruise though, because I’ve heard it still has the magic the parks used to have.

No....... we went summer 2019 and never again (used DVC points to take it). Rooms are small and uneventful, food was not great (glorified Applebees). Was not at all like the food in the parks. Non stop unattended screaming kids running around everywhere you go from early morning til night. Even my kids hated it. Luckily we only did a 4 day with parks before and after. Even when we did the 7 day before the last time, I was not overly impressed. It was great when they first started with the original two boats (Magic and Wonder) and we tried it out, but I will not go again. The staff went downhill as the days progressed. They can only take so much chaos by some of the people on the boat. I would have flipped my lid before day 1 ended.

#1969 2 years ago

Leaving in the morning for 3 days :}:}:}

#1970 2 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

No....... we went summer 2019 and never again (used DVC points to take it). Rooms are small and uneventful, food was not great (glorified Applebees). Was not at all like the food in the parks. Non stop unattended screaming kids running around everywhere you go from early morning til night. Even my kids hated it. Luckily we only did a 4 day with parks before and after. Even when we did the 7 day before the last time, I was not overly impressed. It was great when they first started with the original two boats (Magic and Wonder) and we tried it out, but I will not go again. The staff went downhill as the days progressed. They can only take so much chaos by some of the people on the boat. I would have flipped my lid before day 1 ended.

That is really good to know, thanks

#1971 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How many people are canceling Disney trips due to increase costs of tickets, hotels, food, transportation and paid line cutting.
I'm wondering how many people have finally hit their breaking point.
When I look at our Disney Hollywood Studios day. $60 for Rise of Resistance, $40 for Mickey runaway train, and $60 for genie plus (4 people total). Disney got out of me an extra $160 for the day, just to cut down on lines. Then the increased cost of the parks, the increased cost of food for the day. IMO, the travel cost to and from the airport should be factored in on a per day basis too.

As others said, they are not dummies. They will always test to see what people will pay. That is what any sensible business should do. As long as there are enough people willing to pay X amount, that will be the fee. If you can't or don't want to pay X, then you don't go. And, they do not care.

Quoted from seenev:

When I was local to Disneyland and there were basically no travel/hotel costs, I would go often and spend a lot of money. Now that I live 1500 miles away, I can't imagine paying for the trip. The reality is that Disneyland has been a primarily locals park for a very long time, and WDW is becoming more of a locals thing as well. There are people that move to these places just to be close to the parks. For everyone else... It's getting way too expensive to justify.

As a local to Anaheim with an annual pass, I would say yes there are a lot of local passholders that go. But for sure, there are PLENTY of tourists there as well. In fact, most people are tourists I am pretty sure. Both from the rest of the country, and from other countries. Its not too hard to tell them from local southern Californians. I am in awe of them every time I go to that place, as far as how much money they are willing to spend and their tolerance for crowds.

I don't go nearly as often as others in the family. I've been 3 times since ROTR opened, and have not been able to get on yet. That's what really amazes me, all those people who paid all that money, and it is literally impossible for them to get on that ride on their one day at Disneyland. That would really annoy me. But it doesn't matter to me, I'll be going back 100 more times and eventually get on it.

I don't know the details of all the ins and outs, which seem to change a lot. The last time I was there, you had to get on the app at exactly 1PM to get a place in line for ROTR (if you got rejected on the early morning attempt, which we did). Not 1 PM plus 1 second, but exactly 1PM. At 1, literally everyone around us all froze in position staring at their cellphones, and hitting the buttons to try to get it. As far as I could tell, not a single person around me got it. We sure didn't. Crazy.

Just to confirm - there was no option to stand in line and wait to get on it. You had to get your reservation from the app, or nothing.

#1972 2 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

As others said, they are not dummies. They will always test to see what people will pay. That is what any sensible business should do. As long as there are enough people willing to pay X amount, that will be the fee. If you can't or don't want to pay X, then you don't go. And, they do not care.

As a local to Anaheim with an annual pass, I would say yes there are a lot of local passholders that go. But for sure, there are PLENTY of tourists there as well. In fact, most people are tourists I am pretty sure. Both from the rest of the country, and from other countries. Its not too hard to tell them from local southern Californians. I am in awe of them every time I go to that place, as far as how much money they are willing to spend and their tolerance for crowds.
I don't go nearly as often as others in the family. I've been 3 times since ROTR opened, and have not been able to get on yet. That's what really amazes me, all those people who paid all that money, and it is literally impossible for them to get on that ride on their one day at Disneyland. That would really annoy me. But it doesn't matter to me, I'll be going back 100 more times and eventually get on it.
I don't know the details of all the ins and outs, which seem to change a lot. The last time I was there, you had to get on the app at exactly 1PM to get a place in line for ROTR (if you got rejected on the early morning attempt, which we did). Not 1 PM plus 1 second, but exactly 1PM. At 1, literally everyone around us all froze in position staring at their cellphones, and hitting the buttons to try to get it. As far as I could tell, not a single person around me got it. We sure didn't. Crazy.
Just to confirm - there was no option to stand in line and wait to get on it. You had to get your reservation from the app, or nothing.

If you ask me, $15 to get on ROTR isn’t enough. It sells out almost everyday.

When I paid to get in the ride, I walked right on. All we had to do was wait for the next pre-show.

Even if they charged $25, I’d pay it to not stand in line for 2 hours.

#1973 2 years ago

I did all the Star Wars stuff not that long ago and have to say I think its pretty well done.

You can really do all of it in a few hours (if you use the new system to get into Rise that is) so no need to book days around it.

I fully expected to be underwhelmed by it but it was all pretty cool even that weird Ronto roasters sausage thing. The Rise ride is pretty impressive...

I don't feel the need to ever go back, but this may be the first nice thing I ever said about Disney.

#1974 2 years ago

Surprisingly busy day at Epcot today given that it is upper 50s and rainy…

#1975 2 years ago

Going to Disney in May. It’s a long shot but does anyone have tips to dine at Club 33?

#1976 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Surprisingly busy day at Epcot today given that it is upper 50s and rainy…

Yes it was! It was approaching that "salmon swimming upstream" feeling this evening. We hit Remy this morning, tried Space 220 for the first time for lunch, and got signatures from some favorite artists at Festival of the Arts. Then we said "screw this cold!" and we're back at Beach Club waiting on Giordano's.

#1977 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Going to Disney in May. It’s a long shot but does anyone have tips to dine at Club 33?

I believe you have to be a member of the club to get in the restaurant. We have friends that are Club 33 members, and it is amazing to go to Disney with them. Never been inside the club though.

#1978 2 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I believe you have to be a member of the club to get in the restaurant. We have friends that are Club 33 members, and it is amazing to go to Disney with them. Never been inside the club though.

What he said. I've eaten at Club 33 and let me assure you...you're not missing much except the cachet of being able to say it, and some napkins and drink stirrers you keep as souvenirs. It's really nothing special outside of being more quiet and intimate.

PS...now, if there's anyone that can get me into Magic Castle, THAT would be WAY cooler!

#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

We were lucky enough to go right before COVID. We loved it there!

042895B3-14EF-403D-91C0-DCDD037815F3 (resized).jpeg042895B3-14EF-403D-91C0-DCDD037815F3 (resized).jpeg0A29A8D3-089D-4A7D-8784-BF36CF0513B0 (resized).jpeg0A29A8D3-089D-4A7D-8784-BF36CF0513B0 (resized).jpeg0F2E1A5A-6D11-41E3-B94F-045885E40120 (resized).jpeg0F2E1A5A-6D11-41E3-B94F-045885E40120 (resized).jpeg65D5AFC1-F178-488A-A6BD-7F7D5B58CF8A (resized).jpeg65D5AFC1-F178-488A-A6BD-7F7D5B58CF8A (resized).jpeg72F9D482-4278-45BF-8778-B32369C35022 (resized).jpeg72F9D482-4278-45BF-8778-B32369C35022 (resized).jpeg7B9B19B3-26DD-4196-8EF4-74051BE8949E (resized).jpeg7B9B19B3-26DD-4196-8EF4-74051BE8949E (resized).jpeg9B782B7C-B0B0-4C29-A407-ADBD302B93F7 (resized).jpeg9B782B7C-B0B0-4C29-A407-ADBD302B93F7 (resized).jpegB0BF3CC3-392F-4889-9BF8-6BF84964E3B2 (resized).jpegB0BF3CC3-392F-4889-9BF8-6BF84964E3B2 (resized).jpegC5AC558C-689E-4A4E-B969-1A82709BD28F (resized).jpegC5AC558C-689E-4A4E-B969-1A82709BD28F (resized).jpegC7C9D8E7-5472-4DDC-9737-A5B724A672F6 (resized).jpegC7C9D8E7-5472-4DDC-9737-A5B724A672F6 (resized).jpeg
#1980 2 years ago

We just got back from 10 days. I can't believe how crowded the parks here. Went to EPCOT on Wen and they had one friggin exit out of the park. It was totally inexcusable. We were herded like cattle from the end of international village all the way to the front of the park. I have no idea why this was done, but halfway through someone joking said "this ain't social distancing", and a near panic/riot almost happened. Kids started crying and people were starting to lose their cool. Never saw anything like it.

The South American attendees were back - lots of large groups like the old days. Another thing I noticed was the meal size portion changes were very obvious. One of the Disney Execs took some heat from this a few weeks ago, but it was noticeable, especially in the parks (Pecos Bill looks to have been hit the hardest).

Also ran into some not so nice cast members for the first time. I get it that getting labor right now is hard, and they have to do what they do.

There is a lot of hostility and anger right now at Disney - specifically highlighted with the huge bonus payouts to Iger and Chapek that was just released. I try and brush it aside as much as I can, but with the huge crowds I saw - until people start making choices with their wallets, nothing with change.

#1981 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

We just got back from 10 days. I can't believe how crowded the parks here. Went to EPCOT on Wen and they had one friggin exit out of the park. It was totally inexcusable. We were herded like cattle from the end of international village all the way to the front of the park. I have no idea why this was done, but halfway through someone joking said "this ain't social distancing", and a near panic/riot almost happened. Kids started crying and people were starting to lose their cool. Never saw anything like it.
The South American attendees were back - lots of large groups like the old days. Another thing I noticed was the meal size portion changes were very obvious. One of the Disney Execs took some heat from this a few weeks ago, but it was noticeable, especially in the parks (Pecos Bill looks to have been hit the hardest).
Also ran into some not so nice cast members for the first time. I get it that getting labor right now is hard, and they have to do what they do.
There is a lot of hostility and anger right now at Disney - specifically highlighted with the huge bonus payouts to Iger and Chapek that was just released. I try and brush it aside as much as I can, but with the huge crowds I saw - until people start making choices with their wallets, nothing with change.

Don’t they always exit you out the main gate? What do you mean by herded? Sounds like a rough trip. We’re going in a couple weeks and I’m worried.

#1982 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Disney is clearly struggling to hire the staff they need. I read that they're offering between $1000 and $6000 signing bonus for new staff, depending on the position. Even so, they just can't hire nearly enough people. They would have an easier time finding new employees in Florida if they got rid of the covid vaccine requirement. There's no legal requirement anymore after the Supreme Court case. Even so, while they struggle to staff their parks and resorts, they're requiring vaccines in an area where people are not going for it, and there was definitely push back from their existing staff over it. I actually think that disney likes being understaffed and is using the pandemic as cover for running things with a cheap skeleton crew.

#1983 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

They would have an easier time finding new employees in Florida if they got rid of the covid vaccine requirement.

Because there are hundreds of unvaccinated and unemployed workers dying to join the Disney staff?

#1984 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Don’t they always exit you out the main gate?

There is another gate by France where the Skyliner stop is.

#1986 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Disney is clearly struggling to hire the staff they need. I read that they're offering between $1000 and $6000 signing bonus for new staff, depending on the position. Even so, they just can't hire nearly enough people. They would have an easier time finding new employees in Florida if they got rid of the covid vaccine requirement. There's no legal requirement anymore after the Supreme Court case. Even so, while they struggle to staff their parks and resorts, they're requiring vaccines in an area where people are not going for it, and there was definitely push back from their existing staff over it. I actually think that disney likes being understaffed and is using the pandemic as cover for running things with a cheap skeleton crew.

Look at how much they scaled back on everything.

I understand they need to make a profit. But Chapek is going overboard with it.

#1987 2 years ago

You quoted the wrong person Trekkie1978 it was seenev that brought it up. I didn’t even use the word. Man, talk about crap.

Quoted from seenev:

if they got rid of the covid vaccine requirement

#1988 2 years ago

Hi all,

Ok, just seen this thread here for the first time.

That being said, we are planning Disney World for the first time in early March. Any wisdom you can share? ROTR is a must, so I assume Genie+

Also planning on hitting up Universal as well.

Generally what is the weather like the beginning of March, does it cool off much in the evenings?

#1989 2 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Hi all,
That being said, we are planning Disney World for the first time in early March. Any wisdom you can share? ROTR is a must, so I assume Genie+
Generally what is the weather like the beginning of March, does it cool off much in the evenings?

Are you staying on Disney?

That’s needed info for genie plus and lightening lanes.

#1990 2 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Hi all,

March around here highs in the 70s-80s, lows in the high 50s

There are a million articles about how to get the most from Genie plus that are good guides.

Best advice for in the parks is to pack a small kit for you and your family. Things to help save the day. Here is my list. (If you follow this to the original post it has the Amazon links to order any of this)

Quoted from bigguybbr:

This has me thinking, does anyone else pack a small park kit for when they travel to the parks?
Before we moved down here, when we vacationed at disney world, my wife and I would pack a small (2"x4"x4") see through dopp kit with park essentials to bring in with us to help save a day from discomfort.
It included:
- Travel vial Ibuprofen
- Antacids (in a snack ziplock)
- A few Band aids
- Blister Bandages (the ones that are cushioned and very sticky)
- 2nd Skin Squares in a small ziplock bag (amazing for when you have rubbed off your skin completely - instant relief) amazon.com link »
- Some KT tape strips (cut to 3-4" - they stretch and will hold on a bandaid better than anything, especially on feet, but also sometimes where a backpack strap might have rubbed you raw)
- Motion Sickness Patches amazon.com link »
- Small tube of Aquafor or Vaseline (great if you happened to get a blister between your toes or for chafing aka "chub rub")
- Feminine Products
- Mini can of Coppertone
- A few cough drops (nothing worse than being in a show and getting a tickle in your throat. Ros will call you out for being "That guy" )
- Chapstick
- Small nail clipper
- Hair tie

Best advice for universal is to stay at one of their deluxe resorts even if it is only for a night. The all day express passes included with your stay for your entire party from the day you check in to the day you check out are an incredible value. It’s better than lightning lane in that it is many times a walk on and it’s for pretty much every attraction in the park.

#1991 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Because there are hundreds of unvaccinated and unemployed workers dying to join the Disney staff?

You don't think there are people turning down jobs over it? It's happened all over the country. My cousin was a nurse for 15 years and quit over the requirement. Of course it's something that will prevent people from taking a job, especially in an area where other jobs don't require it.

#1994 2 years ago

I'm actually getting so pissed off about the Disney situation that I might do Knotts Berry Farm this June when I'm out in Anaheim for NAMM. Is that place any good or does it suck? And does it actually have berries? I like berries.

#1995 2 years ago

You guys are too sensitive. We're discussing the reasons why Disney is struggling to hire enough staff.

#1996 2 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

Hi all,

If you want to get on ROTR setup the Genie + thing and most importantly make sure it works ( it can have permissions and other issues on some phones)

Get up as early as you can tolerate on the day you want to do it and book it because it will sell out for the day early.

Its not like you can book whenever you want and get in they only sell off so many spots per day

I think the day I was there it was sold out by 7:30am or something, regular wait line was 4 hours

#1997 2 years ago

Covid isnt the Real Issue at Disney, it is simply a hard Job.
Even Harder, with all other businesses raising wages.

Cast Members get hit the hardest. They are on the Front line for the "Disney Image".

While I know how expensive, and Magical it is, in general its simply the size of the crowds, that adds
more people, and a few more "not so nice" people to their day.

Id love to share stories of my work, and family and friends, even a customer/vendor I manufactured for, that retired from Disney/Seaworld, was chewing my ear this week. but this thread is for the Enjoyment.

For me, personally, its simply been too packed for many years to enjoy the Magic Kingdom, or Studios.
Even Universal can be daunting to stand in line for an hour these days. (But Ill suffer for the Granddaughter)

Its Really just a small amount of irritable people, which we all understand, that can make a person quit the job.
The Most common comment, is "I know the Guests spend a Fortune, and deserve our best for a Perfect Vacation, but why are some of them so unreasonable!"

Sometimes smiling and being Nice all day, is harder when its simply too crowded for the masses to Enjoy.

Isnt that why there is all the chat about Passes and time waiting?

I do miss all the Free times, and Perks from years ago...An Open VIP Pass, was the best, and a half empty Park,

#1998 2 years ago

It certainly is an issue and it’s severely effected hiring. It’s why crowds are high and dining capacity is still not at 100%.

#1999 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its Really just a small amount of irritable people, which we all understand, that can make a person quit the job.

It’s largely poor management but also people just suck now. As a society I think we are less polite than we were 30 years ago. You can’t train everyone to not be an asshole. And guests are hopeless.

#2000 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

people just suck now

That's unfortunately too true these days. Who knows, maybe it has always been that way, and social media just makes it easier to see it. It's just crazy to see people out of control in a place where it is supposed to be fun for everyone. I think the pressure to make everything magical and perfect gets to people and they crack.

Luckily I live close by, so I make day trips into the park to spend time enjoying family and friends company. I'm not pressed to have to "make memories" every time I go, because I can always come back another day, so I can take it all in at a more relaxing pace. I'm fortunate enough to be able to fly my nephews in and bring them to the parks for 3 days in February, which I am really looking forward to. I had them pick which 3 parks they want to see (MK, AK, HS) to help get the engaged and let them see some of what there is to do. The oldest hasn't been since he was 4 (he's 13 now) and the youngest has never been (he's 9), so everything will be new to them. Since it's all new, I don't think there will be an issue if they miss a ride or two on some of the newer attractions. I think they will have a lot of fun regardless.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.