D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 53.
#1401 2 years ago

Spidey ride was better than I thought due to having low expectations from everyone's feedback. My arms were tired at the end.

I wish I could ride it again and enjoy the experience a little more.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Spidey ride was better than I thought due to having low expectations from everyone's feedback. My arms were tired at the end.
I wish I could ride it again and enjoy the experience a little more.

I rode it three times with my 4 year old, and she loved it. Easily her favorite ride. I enjoyed it from that perspective, watching how excited she was to sling webs, but it was ultimately a video game to me. She hated rise of the resistance (was too scary for her). I would have liked to ride that one again, but she wasn't having it.

#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

I rode it three times with my 4 year old, and she loved it. Easily her favorite ride. I enjoyed it from that perspective, watching how excited she was to sling webs, but it was ultimately a video game to me. She hated rise of the resistance (was too scary for her). I would have liked to ride that one again, but she wasn't having it.

How did were you able to ride it 3 times? Is that across 3 different days?

#1404 2 years ago

How did were you able to ride it 3 times? Is that across 3 different days?

Across 2 days. Sorry, it was twice. Had a 2 day park hopper, day one did ROTR for 7am queue and Webslingers at 12pm queue. Day 2 did spiderman at 7am queue. Tried to sign up again at 12, but it didn't allow me.

#1405 2 years ago

We did Disneyland with hoppers for three days. We literally ride rotr and Spider-Man 6 times. We hit the lotto early enough each day to reenlist at noon and hit then too. Both great rides.

#1406 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

We did Disneyland with hoppers for three days. We literally ride rotr and Spider-Man 6 times. We hit the lotto early enough each day to reenlist at noon and hit then too. Both great rides.

Disney wouldn't let me hit the same ride twice in a day. So if we got Spidey in the morning, we could only do ROTR later. Couldn't do Spidey twice in the same day. I guess you alternated all 3 days to ride 6 times total? Not 6 times Spidey, 6 times ROTR right?

#1407 2 years ago

Disney wouldn't let me hit the same ride twice in a day. So if we got Spidey in the morning, we could only do ROTR later. Couldn't do Spidey twice in the same day. I guess you alternated all 3 days to ride 6 times total? Not 6 times Spidey, 6 times ROTR right?

I think you may be right. I don’t think we ever tried to do the same ride twice in a day. Good call. I was shocked we hit every time though. Got some good advice on the internet. Basically check your time sync and make sure everyone in your party is on the app trying at the same time.

#1408 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think you may be right. I don’t think we ever tried to do the same ride twice in a day. Good call. I was shocked we hit every time though. Got some good advice on the internet. Basically check your time sync and make sure everyone in your party is on the app trying at the same time.

Yeah, it was pretty easy to get times. 1/2 second before 7am or 12 worked every time. Very early queues as well, which is important as you need to be done by 12 to enter the queue again.

#1409 2 years ago

Not exactly Disney Parks related, but I thought some here might find it interesting. We spent Labor Day weekend in Marceline, MO, Walt Disney's childhood hometown and the real-life inspiration for Main Street, USA.

Sadly, the downtown area has seen its better days -- good luck finding anything open past 4pm, or at all on Sunday -- but we did a private after-hours tour of the Walt Disney Hometown Museum that was easily worth the trip. So while I can only recommend it for hardcore Disney buffs, I feel like it's one of those "gotta do it once" trips for the Disney-obsessed, just to experience the history that permeates the place.
PXL_20210904_212924212 (resized).jpgPXL_20210904_212924212 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_162517491 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_162517491 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_163300069 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_163300069 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_172548776 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_172548776 (resized).jpg

PXL_20210905_184903772 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_184903772 (resized).jpg
#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Not exactly Disney Parks related, but I thought some here might find it interesting. We spent Labor Day weekend in Marceline, MO, Walt Disney's childhood hometown and the real-life inspiration for Main Street, USA.
Sadly, the downtown area has seen its better days -- good luck finding anything open past 4pm, or at all on Sunday -- but we did a private after-hours tour of the Walt Disney Hometown Museum that was easily worth the trip. So while I can only recommend it for hardcore Disney buffs, I feel like it's one of those "gotta do it once" trips for the Disney-obsessed, just to experience the history that permeates the place.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for posting this. What was the hometown museum like? Do they have any of Walt's personal items?

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thanks for posting this. What was the hometown museum like? Do they have any of Walt's personal items?

Yes, quite a few. Scrolling through my many, many pics, a few that jump out are the desk he used in first grade (he carved WD into it), the first light table he and Ub Iwerks shared, and the stuffed Mickeys he and Roy gave their parents for their 50th wedding anniversary. They also have an entire room dedicated to letters sent by Walt and Roy.
PXL_20210905_185358120 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_185358120 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_183753619 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_183753619 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_020410038 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_020410038 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_182114678 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_182114678 (resized).jpg

#1412 2 years ago

Pretty cool stuff. I read that he identified the desk during one of his trips back to Marceline in the 50's. Two of his train cars are at a display at the Wilderness Resort in WDW, and the exhibit that have in Hollywood Studios have some of his items. Those photos....what a time it must have been.

4 weeks later
#1413 2 years ago

Anyone see the following news???

https://wdwnt.com/2021/10/breaking-indoor-character-meet-and-greet-experiences-returning-to-walt-disney-world/

https://wdwnt.com/2021/10/breaking-indiana-jones-epic-stunt-spectacular-and-disney-movie-magic-returning-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

This is AMAZING NEWS!!!!

Hopefully character dining fully returns. Maybe Fantasmic will be next.

I’m going in January for Dopey, but have extended the trip an extra day. Woman I’ve been seeing wants to join me, but at the end of the races, not the beginning where I’m kind of useless. Her adult daughter is coming too…who has never been to a Disney park before.

I’m hoping they quickly ramp up bringing the characters back. Would like to bring them to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. I won’t if we can’t get our pics with the characters.

I want to do 1900 Park Fare, which I always go to the night before the marathon to carb up. As well as having breakfast the day after the marathon. After doing that many miles, I like to pig out on the breakfast there. LOL.

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m going in January for Dopey

Do it for yourself. Don't drag me into this.

#1415 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Do it for yourself. Don't drag me into this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#1416 2 years ago

I have 6 Oogie Boogie passes for 10.30.21 and my kids are not allowed to travel by their school. My understanding is the event is sold out. If you are interested in the passes let me know. I would rather deal with someone on here than Ebay or Stubhub.

Thanks,

Mike

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I have 6 Oogie Boogie passes for 10.30.21 and my kids are not allowed to travel by their school. My understanding is the event is sold out. If you are interested in the passes let me know. I would rather deal with someone on here than Ebay or Stubhub.
Thanks,
Mike

Screw the school...bring your kids.

You are the parent, they are the teachers. You know what is best for them.

I lost my mom when I was 15. My favorite memories of her is bringing my whole family to Disney. Every Christmas was 6 of us (2 parents and 4 kids) all of us crammed into 1 hotel room on Disney. Just amazing memories.

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

S
You are the parent, they are the teachers. You know what is best for them.

I can tell you as a teacher that this is not necessarily true...

There are many parents that are complete f**king idiots.

#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I was spoiled.

I had parents who knew what they were doing.

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Thanks,
Mike

If my kids school told me my kids weren't allowed to do something like go to Disneyland, I'd be looking for another school.

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Thanks,
Mike

Is this for real? Fuck the school. The day I'm told where I can go with my children is the day I leave this country.

#1422 2 years ago

My definition of bad parents:

I’m down there from January 4 to January 13 this year.

If you’re in Disney with your school aged children, you’re a bad parent. The children just had 2 weeks off of school and with you there, I end up waiting in line longer.

#1423 2 years ago

We're taking off tomorrow and going Saturday (DL), Sunday (CA & OBB), and Monday (DL). We usually go quite often (3-4 times per year) and even had annual passes at one time but it's been 2 years since we've been. Is there anything I need to be aware of or look out for given the current environment? Any secrets to landing the queues? Any other helpful insight from anyone as we prep for our trip?

Thanks it advance!

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

True, but so are many School Boards.

#1425 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

True, but so are many School Boards.

Idiocy is never mutually exclusive.

#1426 2 years ago

When is the DDP returning ?! When it does that’s when I’ll book a trip.

#1427 2 years ago

Going to WDW again in 2 weeks, been 8 months since my last visit. Can't wait.

Anybody ever snowbird in Florida near Orlando? Getting near the age for it and we are eyeing up Orlando for it.

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

When is the DDP returning ?! When it does that’s when I’ll book a trip.

Disney confirmed it’s coming back but hasn’t said when yet.

We are also big DDP fans. We did the deluxe last time and racked up $500+ bills almost every dinner. It was a lot of fun.

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

We're taking off tomorrow and going Saturday (DL), Sunday (CA & OBB), and Monday (DL). We usually go quite often (3-4 times per year) and even had annual passes at one time but it's been 2 years since we've been. Is there anything I need to be aware of or look out for given the current environment? Any secrets to landing the queues? Any other helpful insight from anyone as we prep for our trip?

Thanks it advance!

It is pretty chill right now. The virtual queues for Rise and Webslingers have boarding groups available twice during the day. The second is pretty easy to get into if you miss the first and has availability for up to an hour after some days. Set up mobile food ordering. I can't stand it personally, but they are really starting to punish you with one LONG line to order in person if you opt for that. Otherwise, just have a good time

I'll be with the Dapper Dans on Monday if you want to stop by. We can't meet and greet due to COVID, but let me know if you happen upon us. I'm the one with the fat mustache

#1430 2 years ago

Anyone here doing the Wine & Dine races in month?

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone see the following news???
https://wdwnt.com/2021/10/breaking-indoor-character-meet-and-greet-experiences-returning-to-walt-disney-world/
https://wdwnt.com/2021/10/breaking-indiana-jones-epic-stunt-spectacular-and-disney-movie-magic-returning-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/
This is AMAZING NEWS!!!!
Hopefully character dining fully returns. Maybe Fantasmic will be next.
I’m going in January for Dopey, but have extended the trip an extra day. Woman I’ve been seeing wants to join me, but at the end of the races, not the beginning where I’m kind of useless. Her adult daughter is coming too…who has never been to a Disney park before.
I’m hoping they quickly ramp up bringing the characters back. Would like to bring them to Chef Mickeys for breakfast. I won’t if we can’t get our pics with the characters.
I want to do 1900 Park Fare, which I always go to the night before the marathon to carb up. As well as having breakfast the day after the marathon. After doing that many miles, I like to pig out on the breakfast there. LOL.

I see a potential real good time.

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I see a potential real good time.

The pressure is totally on me to come through and make sure they have a blast.

Growing up, it was my family tradition to go every Christmas.

Hopefully this works out and it becomes a new yearly tradition.

I'm going to keep going for Dopey as long as I am physically capable. I'm only 43. I figure I have at least 10-15 years of being able to do the challenge.

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Anybody ever snowbird in Florida near Orlando? Getting near the age for it and we are eyeing up Orlando for it.

Tons of people did that during the height of the pandemic with everyone working from home and disney and universal opening after a few months with mask restrictions. Real estate is still bonkers here with very low inventory and outrageous prices (often selling for 20% over asking price). There are a lot of investors buying up property with cash offers and renting at equally high prices to those who can't get into homes because financing with a mortgage requiring an inspection and appraisal often isn't competitive enough in this market. Most buyers trying to use VA loans who can't cover putting down 20-30% of the purchase price are about out of luck. Even when they can, any issues found during inspection, sellers aren't inclined to address because another buyer is willing to waive inspection and pay similar money, and then it becomes ineligable for VA financing.

#1436 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Tons of people did that during the height of the pandemic with everyone working from home and disney and universal opening after a few months with mask restrictions. Real estate is still bonkers here with very low inventory and outrageous prices (often selling for 20% over asking price). There are a lot of investors buying up property with cash offers and renting at equally high prices to those who can't get into homes because financing with a mortgage requiring an inspection and appraisal often isn't competitive enough in this market. Most buyers trying to use VA loans who can't cover putting down 20-30% of the purchase price are about out of luck. Even when they can, any issues found during inspection, sellers aren't inclined to address because another buyer is willing to waive inspection and pay similar money, and then it becomes ineligable for VA financing.

I don't qualify for the VA benefits, and I know how the market has exploded in the past few months. This is what is driving us getting a condo now, as prices will only increase. Eventually we would live 6 months in FL to gain residency.

#1437 2 years ago

I want to comment on something zr1990 said earlier……where did his posts go???

I see he is currently banned too……did I miss something……

Is he too much of a Disney fan for the disney thread…..if that’s the case, I’ll end up with a lifetime ban from Disney parks and races.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I want to comment on something zr1990 said earlier……where did his posts go???
I see he is currently banned too……did I miss something……
Is he too much of a Disney fan for the disney thread…..if that’s the case, I’ll end up with a lifetime ban from Disney parks and races.

He started making somewhat political statements that went against someone's beliefs, I guess. So he's taking a nap for a bit.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He started making somewhat political statements that went against someone's beliefs, I guess. So he's taking a nap for a bit.

He didn’t say one thing negative about anyone’s political beliefs.

Oh well……I guess it’s welcome to the new pinside, where talking about Disney trips in the Disney thread is now taboo.

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

He didn’t say one thing negative about anyone’s political beliefs.
Oh well……I guess it’s welcome to the new pinside, where talking about Disney trips in the Disney thread is now taboo.

Insinuation is bad enough these days. Ridiculous.

But hey! About Disney...I was going to do a day trip there next month when we're down in Clearwater, but if I can't even walk up to get Dole Whip, a turkey leg, or a frozen banana, I'm out.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Insinuation is bad enough these days. Ridiculous.
But hey! About Disney...I was going to do a day trip there next month when we're down in Clearwater, but if I can't even walk up to get Dole Whip, a turkey leg, or a frozen banana, I'm out.

Not a huge fan of the dole whip.

I’ve never tried the turkey leg. Maybe I’ll do it this time.

Where’s the frozen banana?

Here’s the real question: Why would the beelze dare go to Disney without the Trekkie??????

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

He started making somewhat political statements that went against someone's beliefs, I guess.

Ha yeah he "started" that about 15 years ago. At some point it's like...maybe learn what you can get away with here and what you can't? Most of us have...or have left...or have gotten banned.

#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha yeah he "started" that about 15 years ago. At some point it's like...maybe learn what you can get away with here and what you can't? Most of us have...or have left...or have gotten banned.

There does seem to be a double standard around here, though. If it's a rule, it should be applied across the board. There's a pretty egregious one on another thread that's gone unnoticed (and people even commented on it...and the mods are active on that thread).

I personally don't care either way. I just want Disney to finish the f**king Tron coaster so I can go back down there and brave the kamikaze stroller-wielding moms. (See how I got this back on topic?)

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There does seem to be a double standard around here, though. If it's a rule, it should be applied across the board. There's a pretty egregious one on another thread that's gone unnoticed (and people even commented on it...and the mods are active on that thread).
I personally don't care either way. I just want Disney to finish the f**king Tron coaster so I can go back down there and brave the kamikaze stroller-wielding moms. (See how I got this back on topic?)

I heard its like 2 years away. WTF - how many hotels will be up by that time?

C'mon.

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Strollers should be banned at Disney! They're the worst!

I'm NOT talking about the metal contraptions that families use.

I'm talking about strollers - people who just stroll. They just spread their whole group out across the entire walking path and slowly stroll. Just looking around but somehow oblivious to everyone else in the park who are trying to get by.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not a huge fan of the dole whip.

boo-outrage.gifboo-outrage.gif
#1447 2 years ago

Pricing is released for the lightning lanes.

Who here plans on using Genie plus and/or paying for the lightning lanes?

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Strollers should be banned at Disney! They're the worst!
I'm NOT talking about the metal contraptions that families use.
I'm talking about strollers - people who just stroll. They just spread their whole group out across the entire walking path and slowly stroll. Just looking around but somehow oblivious to everyone else in the park who are trying to get by.

I was glad when they banned actual mega strollers, because those were getting ridiculous. People were just bringing in huge contraptions to be able to fit a full sized cooler, and hold all of the family belongings like they were moving in.

And I always wonder to myself if some of these people come from somewhere so remote that they have never been in a crowd before. You know the ones, walking hand in hand, at arms length, 8 people across. They like to stop and have a family meeting at every doorway and at the end of every escalator. The worst...

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I was glad when they banned actual mega strollers, because those were getting ridiculous. People were just bringing in huge contraptions to be able to fit a full sized cooler, and hold all of the family belongings like they were moving in.
And I always wonder to myself if some of these people come from somewhere so remote that they have never been in a crowd before. You know the ones, walking hand in hand, at arms length, 8 people across. They like to stop and have a family meeting at every doorway and at the end of every escalator. The worst...

We face this on the streets daily in NYC, at least when the tourists are here. We hate tourists!!

(Come back tourists we need you!!)
(They actually are back. It’s been pretty busy around here lately).

#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Pricing is released for the lightning lanes.
Who here plans on using Genie plus and/or paying for the lightning lanes?

I guess I can see if for those out of staters who only have a few days, or those with money and impatience in equal parts. I'm an annual pass holder who only lives about an hour away. I don't know that I will ever get much use out of it.

I like how universal does it with their top tier pass. Free express pass after 4PM. It's awesome for an afternoon trip. They also have free valet parking that makes it worth buying the better pass.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.