D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 53.
#1001 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

There was barely any food at Disney, it was all closed and you had to be sitting to eat. Universal had lots of food but you had to be sitting to eat. Leggoland doesn’t care but there is t a lot of food. She wanted to come here because there was roller coasters and she didn’t have to wear a mask all day

Are many of the quick serve joints shut down now?

#1002 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God, and I agree. But isn't it slated to be changed to be more "racially sensitive" or some such BS?

I totally agree and its absolutely ridiculous. I mean its based off the film Song of the South.

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Are many of the quick serve joints shut down now?

Most of the food is open, but instead of standing in line at the register you mobile order on the app and pick it up when it's ready. Personally I don't mind that one bit.

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Most of the food is open, but instead of standing in line at the register you mobile order on the app and pick it up when it's ready. Personally I don't mind that one bit.

Yea that's true. We did that in 2019 when we were there. I think they started it then.

#1005 3 years ago

Yea that's true. We did that in 2019 when we were there. I think they started it then.

they do do that but for only a few. The good food restaurants were closed. I wanted a hotdog from the mark place near the entrance but it was closed

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

they do do that but for only a few. The good food restaurants were closed. I wanted a hotdog from the mark place near the entrance but it was closed

You mean Casey's Corner in Magic Kingdom? That's still closed?

#1007 3 years ago

You mean Casey's Corner in Magic Kingdom? That's still closed?

It's closed. That's ok - there is still more than enough food in the park to give you colon cancer.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The grand daughter decided she wanted to go back to leggoland. She doesn’t have to wear a mask and we don’t have to wear one unless we are on a ride. She also likes the roller coasters

Legoland rules. Most relaxed of the parks.

One of my only regrets in life was buying season passes year after year instead of ponying up the $1k for the lifetime ambassador pass, at least for her. But, it was unknown to me at the time it also included four guest passes a year or it would have been a no brainer.

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So I’m already pissed and ready to leave. Not only are they assholes about the mask but the first person I see told me I can’t wear the neck gator and I had to buy some fucking paper mask. Fucking bullshit.

So you chose to ignore all the readily available information and warnings everywhere... and are pissed they were not bluffing?

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God, and I agree. But isn't it slated to be changed to be more "racially sensitive" or some such BS?

Yup coming soon! But no timeline set yet

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So you chose to ignore all the readily available information and warnings everywhere... and are pissed they were not bluffing?

Again, I was told by my wife I had to wear a mask if I went. I didn't go through their web sight to read all their rules. I took my gator that I used in Key West with no problem. Nothing was said on the plane ride there and nothing was said all day at Universal, we had a good time and I wore it and nothing was said at Leggoland. We get to Disney and the first person I see starts yelling at me that I cant wear the gator, I have to buy a POS paper mask. I bought it. So The rat makes kids 2 and up wear the mask, you cant eat while you walk. They yelled at the grand daughter for eating a sucker while walking and right there she was ready to go. Add to that that there are no shows and most of the food places are closed and by God you pull that mask down for a second to not breath your own hot air for a while and someone will come out of the woods and scream. I toughed it out but the grand daughter didn't want to go back. On the trip back on the same airline I was told I couldn't wear the gator and handed me another paper mask. Right there I made my decision that Im done with traveling unless the diaper order goes away. Im sick of this fucking farce and basically martial law for a virus that has a 99.8 percent recovery rate.

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Again, I was told by my wife I had to wear a mask if I went. I didn't go through their web sight to read all their rules. I took my gator that I used in Key West with no problem. Nothing was said on the plane ride there and nothing was said all day at Universal, we had a good time and I wore it and nothing was said at Leggoland. We get to Disney and the first person I see starts yelling at me that I cant wear the gator, I have to buy a POS paper mask. I bought it. So The rat makes kids 2 and up wear the mask, you cant eat while you walk. They yelled at the grand daughter for eating a sucker while walking and right there she was ready to go. Add to that that there are no shows and most of the food places are closed and by God you pull that mask down for a second to not breath your own hot air for a while and someone will come out of the woods and scream. I toughed it out but the grand daughter didn't want to go back. On the trip back on the same airline I was told I couldn't wear the gator and handed me another paper mask. Right there I made my decision that Im done with traveling unless the diaper order goes away. Im sick of this fucking farce and basically martial law for a virus that has a 99.8 percent recovery rate.

When I was in Universal last summer they were just as strict as Disney about the gaiter thing. Same with airlines. So I'm very surprised that you got away with it in either instance. Count yourself lucky, I guess?

Vacations are supposed to reduce stress, so if putting on a mask really generates this much anger from you then you're probably making the right call to avoid travel for a while. I hope you got at least some enjoyment out of your trip.

#1013 3 years ago

Masks required for the rest of this year according to the CEO. So this year's vacation is cancelled. Masks aren't bearable when the temperature is in the mid 90's.

On a side note, I'm saving plenty.

#1014 3 years ago

That was another thing. It was 80 degrees in Florida. The masks were miserable.
Also, and I’m wondering if anyone else who has been there lately agrees, the people who work at Disney are not even pleasant anymore. The happy happy is gone and it’s more like duck these people. And before
You say it was me, it wasn’t. I was doing my best to be polite because I was with the grand daughter.

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:That was another thing. It was 80 degrees in Florida. The masks were miserable.
Also, and I’m wondering if anyone else who has been there lately agrees, the people who work at Disney are not even pleasant anymore. The happy happy is gone and it’s more like duck these people. And before
You say it was me, it wasn’t. I was doing my best to be polite because I was with the grand daughter.

They are doing the best they can. I agree with some of your sentiments, but they have no choice. The WDW team is doing a great job to keep the place at least open. Go to Disneyland to see the alternative.

#1016 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

That was another thing. It was 80 degrees in Florida. The masks were miserable.

Agreed.
I’m wondering If the sheer volume of strange, annoying and self entitled people, combined with the covid, have finally gotten to the employees (cast members).

#1017 3 years ago

Disney has been on the decline for a long time. We were going every year for a long time, and it was getting worse and worse. The fact that they only care about how much they can suck out of the customer now, coupled with the insane amount of people that are there and unhappy employees makes for a very UN-DISNEY like experience.

#1018 3 years ago

So what is you guys opinion of Disney firing that woman from Mandilorian for simple sparkling her mind?

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So what is you guys opinion of Disney firing that woman from Mandilorian for simple sparkling her mind?

The Disney thread is no place for political discussions, even when they involve Disney stars. That’s what I think of it. If you feel like that discussion could be had without discussing politics, I think you are mistaken.

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The Disney thread is no place for political discussions, even when they involve Disney stars. That’s what I think of it. If you feel like that discussion could be had without discussing politics, I think you are mistaken.

Probably true

#1021 3 years ago

One thing great about the parks is the lack of political bullshit. It's like people leave it at the door. I have heard of them not allowing political shirts in, but I saw one last month.....but out of a ton of people, only one dipshit isn't bad.

#1022 3 years ago

Did anyone post about the new Disneyland paid “experience “ they announced this week? Sounds like it’s to be kind of like the food festival. No rides but whole park open?

#1023 3 years ago

In a bit of a "different" sort of Disney parks news...

Apparently disney has now been forced to add a warning sticker to the package for magic bands, warning people to NOT remove the chip from the band and implant it subdermally into their body.

And when I say they were forced, it's because somebody actually did this.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

Apparently disney has now been forced to add a warning sticker to the package for magic bands, warning people to NOT remove the chip from the band and implant it subdermally into their body.

Let them do it. Darwin.

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

You know, when I fly to the East coast and rent a car, I sometimes forget my EZPass transponder. It sucks that I have to pay higher priced cash tolls. I dare not enter the rental car plate into my account as I did that once and immediately was charged $40.00 from other toll scofflaws that used the rental car before me. Maybe I can implant the transponder into an arm or something....

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

You know, when I fly to the East coast and rent a car, I sometimes forget my EZPass transponder. It sucks that I have to pay higher priced cash tolls. I dare not enter the rental car plate into my account as I did that once and immediately was charged $40.00 from other toll scofflaws that used the rental car before me. Maybe I can implant the transponder into an arm or something....

I didn't realize EZ Pass worked in Florida. I'll have to remember to pack it.

#1027 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Nope - Florida uses 'sunpass' - not part of ezpass

#1028 3 years ago

I just love that this Bill is called 420 for park openings.
Dont get to excited yet. All it is that we can open up to 25% capacity in the orange tier instead of the yellow tier.
Just hoping that passes.

#1029 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Well as long as the E-ZPass doesn't have a warning sticker saying to not do that, you should be good to go.

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Sorry for the confusion, EZPass only worked as far South as the CBBT on the Eastern Seaboard as far as I knew.

I see that the Sun Pass and EZPass systems are going to be integrated for the Orlando area Toll Roads and Florida's Turnpike soon.

1 week later
#1031 3 years ago

An interesting video explaining the idea of changes to splash mountain and jungle cruise

#1032 3 years ago

Spousal unit finally just got a check from Disney, for a refund on her annual pass. Prorated with credit from when the pandemic started until the expiration date. She is still owed a pretty sizable chunk of money for the Star Wars special event we were supposed to go to last August.

#1034 3 years ago

Come see me on Main Street, whenever we get the call to return lol. No such call yet...

3 weeks later
#1035 2 years ago

Disneyland is reopening this month. We went to Disney world in February and I have to agree with the people who posted before... It's miserable in masks and they are strict beyond all reasonable measures. I had to laugh about how I can sit in a ride seat that the last 30 guys were sweating in (they were only wiping them down once an hour or so) but I couldn't pull my mask down for a break.

I love Disney parks but I'm staying away until the last covid restrictions are gone. Too much of the experience is compromised.

#1036 2 years ago

The best thing about the restrictions is that there are no lard asses walking around with a giant turkey leg sticking out of their mouths. I’m hoping that sight never returns.

#1037 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The best thing about the restrictions is that there are no lard asses walking around with a giant turkey leg sticking out of their mouths. I’m hoping that site never returns.

I recall right before Disneyland closed down, Disney posted a story about how an overweight guy lost a bunch of weight from buying an annual pass and walking around the parks a lot. Sometimes I think about that guy and wonder how badly his health deteriorated after the shutdowns.

Edit: I guess it was the OC Register, which is practically Disney. Here's more info:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2490868/disneyland-weight-loss-secret-dude-loses-150-pounds-and-corn-dogs-are-involved

This story is memorable to me because it felt like a stealth advertisement by Disney to sell annual passes as a sort of gym membership substitute. This is of course before they started canceling everyone's passes over capacity concerns.

#1038 2 years ago

Those turkey legs are disqusting. Look up how they are made. Worse for you than a pack of cigarettes.

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I recall right before Disneyland closed down, Disney posted a story about how an overweight guy lost a bunch of weight from buying an annual pass and walking around the parks a lot. Sometimes I think about that guy and wonder how badly his health deteriorated after the shutdowns.

I can believe it. I eat a ton and drink like a fish at Disney but always come home 8-10 lbs lighter. My poor pedometer app on the phone gets even a bigger work out. I avoid desserts though, so that also helps (not a sweets fan)

1 week later
#1040 2 years ago

Disney just announced they are relaxing their standards for employees regarding their dress code and grooming. Probably the biggest change means that employees can now display their tattoos. I wonder if it was getting hard to find employees that fit the "Disney look" and so they gave up.

I sort of expect more from Disney. You expect crazy hair and piercings and tattoos at Knotts or six flags, but at Disney you expect a more professional attire from the employees. I used to make a game of pointing out cast members who were hiding tattoos under their uniforms. It sort of made me appreciate the effort and standards that they put into creating a uniform look that met the needs of theme. Now I guess I'll look forward to having a tattoo sleeved arm point me to my doom buggy.

#1041 2 years ago

I think Disney has had a hard time finding help for awhile now. Constant expansions and now with Covid, they probably need more employees then ever and can't get them. Disney will never be the same as we all remember it.

#1042 2 years ago

I don't get it. All I heard was how much employees were hurting because that are not back up to full staff...now they need to throw away some pretty important standards because they can't find labor?

Something does jive.

#1043 2 years ago

Probably the main reason is what Disney is now paying their employees...Not keeping up with the times...Everything else is increasing except employees pay..

#1044 2 years ago

Its a Problem All over Orlando.

Simply put, a Part time worker here, receiving unemployment benefits, and Federal Payments, are making 20%-30% More to stay Home.
Sept 1st, is when this "ends", right now.

Plan to go during IAPPA!

#1045 2 years ago

The good news is that the robots they're developing to replace entry level workers will conform to the old standards.

#1046 2 years ago

You will never catch me at Disney again ever. Florida was fully open when I was there yet they were tyrannical about masks even for the kids. "Oh no, you cant pull your mask off to eat a sucker". "You cant pull your mask off to eat popcorn." Who the fuck sits and eats popcorn? Most of the good restaurants were closed and there were no shows. The lines for rides were still long because they wouldn't fill the carts. Sometimes there was on person per cart. But, when it was closing time, no one gave a rats ass if you wore a mask. The mask Nazis disappeared. They crammed you on buses, trains, boats, whatever, as many people as they could get in or on and no such thing as social distancing either, it was elbow to asshole waiting to get out. Yea, Im done with Disney.

#1047 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You will never catch me at Disney again ever. Florida was fully open when I was there yet they were tyrannical about masks even for the kids. "Oh no, you cant pull your mask off to eat a sucker". "You cant pull your mask off to eat popcorn." Who the fuck sits and eats popcorn? Most of the good restaurants were closed and there were no shows. The lines for rides were still long because they wouldn't fill the carts. Sometimes there was on person per cart. But, when it was closing time, no one gave a rats ass if you wore a mask. The mask Nazis disappeared. They crammed you on buses, trains, boats, whatever, as many people as they could get in or on and no such thing as social distancing either, it was elbow to asshole waiting to get out. Yea, Im done with Disney.

The inconsistent ways they enforce "safety" rules at Disney World is laughable. You gotta wear a mask but you can sit in a pool of someone else's sweat in a ride seat. It's all about perception and not protection. I was there two months ago and yeah... They were ridiculously strict to the point that it wasn't enjoyable. Beyond all reasonable expectations.

#1048 2 years ago

I hope they have a guy dressed like Captain America going around and scolding people over their language.

Guidelines (resized).jpgGuidelines (resized).jpg
#1049 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Have you noticed that there have been no major outbreaks tied back to Disney that we are aware of? Maybe it's because they are doing something right. I'm sorry that you were inconvenienced by having to do some things differently, but we are still in the middle of a pandemic. Yes, there is light at the end of the tunnel and I'm very thankful for that. It also doesn't matter if Florida is fully open or not, Disney is a privately owned business and can do what they want. All of their policies are laid out pretty clear, so there shouldn't have been surprises. I'm sorry you had a bad time.

#1050 2 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

It also doesn't matter if Florida is fully open or not, Disney is a privately owned business and can do what they want.

That is 100% incorrect.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/21?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.