D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 53.
#751 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks for the pics. Ill pass on Florida.
Absolutely no social distancing of strangers from all over the USA.
Thats why Gov Newsome aint going to let Anaheim open anytime soon.

I'm sorry but I find this mind boggling. I mean, I totally respect that people have different opinions about theme parks being open, and that is cool. In fact, I find the debate interesting.

But, as far as casting shade on the state of florida or any other state is concerned... It just doesn't seem like someone who is extolling the virtues of california has very solid ground to stand on.

Have you even seen the latest covid stats? CA is the worst of all states right now, my man.

#752 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I'm sorry but I find this mind boggling. I mean, I totally respect that people have different opinions about theme parks being open, and that is cool. In fact, I find the debate interesting.
But, as far as casting shade on the state of florida or any other state is concerned... It just doesn't seem like someone who is extolling the virtues of california has very solid ground to stand on.
Have you even seen the latest covid stats? CA is the worst of all states right now, my man.

Yep. Just got back from wdw over New Years. It was fine. Masks and decent social distancing. It’s all mostly outdoor anyway. I felt perfectly safe.

California is just keeping all these restrictions to look like they’re trying to keep people safe in this climate. In reality, this thing is spreading in homes with people who aren’t masking around their families, etc. It’s not voodoo people. It doesn’t spread just cause you’re near someone.

#753 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I was implying that the crowds seemed unsafe regardless of Florida's covid numbers.
The park is filled with everyone flying in from everywhere.
Its my personal opinion. I want to go to Florida and visit the parks. But, those crowds scare me for now. Ill wait till 2022 when at least 25% of usa has shots.

#754 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

I have weekly. I help run a union with over 500 employees at Disneyland. I have 16 working in mothball status. Hoping for an Oct start at this point.
I have guys and gals emailing everyday about there health insurance ending. Were in crisis mod.

#755 3 years ago

I have weekly. I help run a union with over 500 employees at Disneyland. I have 16 working in mothball status. Hoping for an Oct start at this point.
I have guys and gals emailing everyday about there health insurance ending. Were in crisis mod.

Man, that is rough no matter which way you slice it. This whole thing sucks. I hope that you and all of your members get through it somehow.

#756 3 years ago

You know, I'm glad to see people in this thread who have been to the parks and felt safe from covid. I am a big fan of Disney parks and other theme/amusement parks in general, but I haven't been to one since covid started. But that's really more due to just not being able to go, than due to the virus.

But just for fun, I've been debating this whole topic with myself. It's a very difficult thing to discuss without it becoming political, and I'm tired of political bs, so I haven't really discussed the topic much with anyone.

Does anyone know if there have been any major outbreaks tied specifically to theme/amusement parks? I haven't heard of any, but that doesn't mean there haven't been any. Plus it's probably a pretty hard thing to actually pin down.

Overall, I'm thinking that theme parks should inherently be pretty safe with respect to covid, and here's my thinking:

On the one hand, there is definitely exposure to a lot of people from who knows where at a theme park. And all of these people are touching things (handrails, ride restraints, etc). So, that is all certainly not good.

But, on the other hand, most theme parks are either completely or mostly outdoors. And, although you will come into contact with many people at a theme park, you are very rarely in contact with any one person for more than, say, thirty seconds. The exception here would be waiting in an attraction line, so hopefully those lines are socially distanced adequately.

As far as spreading the virus through touching things, that's a problem, but it's easily mitigated through use of hand sanitizer. Although it doesn't completely eliminate that threat.

My understanding (and I'm no doctor) of the virus is that it spreads mostly through close contact, indoors, for an extended period (like 15 minutes) with an infected person. And at a theme park, we really don't have that. So, overall, I'm feeling like theme parks should be pretty safe, at least in comparison to many other entertainment venues. Still not as safe as staying in your house though.

Another thing I was thinking about is that many theme parks are running rides at half capacity, with empty rows between parties. And I'm wondering if that's actually the right way to go. I think if you run the ride at full capacity, get people through quickly, and you can reduce the line, so that people will not have to stand near each other as long. At least in theory.

Also, all of this is from a guest's point of view. Employees might be a whole different ball of wax.

What do you guys think?

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

You know, I'm glad to see people in this thread who have been to the parks and felt safe from covid. I am a big fan of Disney parks and other theme/amusement parks in general, but I haven't been to one since covid started. But that's really more due to just not being able to go, than due to the virus.
But just for fun, I've been debating this whole topic with myself. It's a very difficult thing to discuss without it becoming political, and I'm tired of political bs, so I haven't really discussed the topic much with anyone.
Does anyone know if there have been any major outbreaks tied specifically to theme/amusement parks? I haven't heard of any, but that doesn't mean there haven't been any. Plus it's probably a pretty hard thing to actually pin down.
Overall, I'm thinking that theme parks should inherently be pretty safe with respect to covid, and here's my thinking:
On the one hand, there is definitely exposure to a lot of people from who knows where at a theme park. And all of these people are touching things (handrails, ride restraints, etc). So, that is all certainly not good.
But, on the other hand, most theme parks are either completely or mostly outdoors. And, although you will come into contact with many people at a theme park, you are very rarely in contact with any one person for more than, say, thirty seconds. The exception here would be waiting in an attraction line, so hopefully those lines are socially distanced adequately.
As far as spreading the virus through touching things, that's a problem, but it's easily mitigated through use of hand sanitizer. Although it doesn't completely eliminate that threat.
My understanding (and I'm no doctor) of the virus is that it spreads mostly through close contact, indoors, for an extended period (like 15 minutes) with an infected person. And at a theme park, we really don't have that. So, overall, I'm feeling like theme parks should be pretty safe, at least in comparison to many other entertainment venues. Still not as safe as staying in your house though.
Another thing I was thinking about is that many theme parks are running rides at half capacity, with empty rows between parties. And I'm wondering if that's actually the right way to go. I think if you run the ride at full capacity, get people through quickly, and you can reduce the line, so that people will not have to stand near each other as long. At least in theory.
Also, all of this is from a guest's point of view. Employees might be a whole different ball of wax.
What do you guys think?

Well thought out overall! I do think they could run the rides at full capacity. I can’t see virus moving from person to person and the speeds of most rides.

#758 3 years ago

That sucks. I really feel for your people. My money is literally just waiting for the go-ahead to come spend there. I know you guys can open safely. It’s a shame you aren’t being allowed to.

#759 3 years ago

I was implying that the crowds seemed unsafe regardless of Florida's covid numbers.
The park is filled with everyone flying in from everywhere.
Its my personal opinion. I want to go to Florida and visit the parks. But, those crowds scare me for now. Ill wait till 2022 when at least 25% of usa has shots.

I'm just curious...why are you so afraid when so many people have continued to live their lives safely? You have mentioned several times now that Disneyland has a certain % of non US travelers and that is the reason for it's closure....however I've done some digging and WDW traditionally has more non US residents.

I ask because it's interesting to hear from different people who live in different areas and.... it's almost like people are aggressively conditioned from what they get pushed for "news" or instructions from their local governments, and who they are living among - a hardline groupthink mentality. I mean this both ways from both sides as well, not just one.

It's a fascination psychological/classic conditioning experiment.

#760 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

So the first thing to remember.... is how does the virus spread.

The virus that causes COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person, typically through respiratory droplets from coughing, sneezing, or talking.

So indoor close contact is the biggest danger, but they are taking no chances with outdoor gatherings either...although it isn't as heightened as indoors. Here are WDW....many things have been done but here are a few highlights:

Masks must be worn above nose/mouth at all times except when stationary/eating and in the room
All lines, I mean ALL lines have 6 foot stickers where you stand with your party. Lines have been modified. Last night the line for 7D started over by the Little Mermaid attraction when we got in it.
Many restaurants are closed
Those that are open are pick up or spaced seating when your order is ready. They are heavily enforcing this.
Most theaters/indoor shows are closed
No parades, just unannounced cailvicades

#761 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm just curious...why are you so afraid when so many people have continued to live their lives safely?

Easy answer....because despite all safety protocols i get the emails every Friday of the weeks covid results....in the 2 parks. WDW and Dland.
You be surprised how many employees are getting covid. Honestly I think its employees getting lax in there home and social environments, not on the job. But no one knows for sure.
Without giving out to much info because Disney isnt sharing this with the media they have to share it with the unions as part of the MOU agreements and contracts.
Last week there were 6 cases at Disneyland. Hotel, merch, maintenance, 2 in food service.
Over the past 2 weeks in Florida there has been 18.
We talk and share info between parks and our sister unions.
We need these damn shot programs to expand quicker than they are. I was by the Disneyland shot center in the old employee parking lot last week. Its going good, but damn slow. This should get quicker over the weeks ahead once we get past the 65 and older benchmarks.
The problem mostly is it still is a pandemic. Everyone one is getting a little to complacent and not seeing the big picture.
Sure, you can take a chance and go to Disneyworld, but do you need to go?
I mean, will life to be the same with your freedom if you dont go? Its just an amusement park.
There is a horizon here, get past this winter surge, get into spring numbers dropping, get into summer shot programs. And if were lucky by the fall get ready to open the park.

#762 3 years ago

This isnt meant to rain on anyones parade. Certainly, in Orlando and Florida, the Economy appreciates the Tourist revenue.
However, we do know as a state, that the numbers are manipulated and censored on purpose.
Second, As Eric Mentions, Disney does not release numbers. Posted Hospital Numbers are off from Reality.
Here, the Hospitals close to Disney, are swamped. Sometimes 3x -4x, greater than Hospitals 10 miles away.

This doesnt mean Disney isnt doing the most amazing Job to keep people safe, but its still there at a greater number than anything you will hear or find.
If one is Young, Healthy, Follows all Safety, its pretty safe, but for those at High risk, or simply not wanting the odds, its personal.

At one end of town, its like 25 People infected 1%, of 25,000
By Disney, its between 50, and 75 people, out of 25,000.

In that huge park, think of the odds that you might be within infection distance, and protocol, to 50-60 people who are walking around
that could infect you. Its low, I grant you, and I feel mostly safe, but still, the virus is there.

Now we have new strains, that spread faster, expected to take over the country in the next 90 days, and another from S.Africa/Brazil.
So its a Choice. These concern me more going forward.

I personally feel, that the odds go up by large factors, at the local restaurants and smaller businesses.

But the big thing is asymptomatic catching and spreading to family, elders, and others, without knowing.

Here, if one can, we just avoid the whole area.

#763 3 years ago

Easy answer....because despite all safety protocols i get the emails every Friday of the weeks covid results....in the 2 parks. WDW and Dland.
You be surprised how many employees are getting covid. Honestly I think its employees getting lax in there home and social environments, not on the job. But no one knows for sure.
Without giving out to much info because Disney isnt sharing this with the media they have to share it with the unions as part of the MOU agreements and contracts.
Last week there were 6 cases at Disneyland. Hotel, merch, maintenance, 2 in food service.
Over the past 2 weeks in Florida there has been 18.
We talk and share info between parks and our sister unions.
We need these damn shot programs to expand quicker than they are. I was by the Disneyland shot center in the old employee parking lot last week. Its going good, but damn slow. This should get quicker over the weeks ahead once we get past the 65 and older benchmarks.
The problem mostly is it still is a pandemic. Everyone one is getting a little to complacent and not seeing the big picture.
I mean, will life to be the same with your freedom if you dont go? Its just an amusement park.
There is a horizon here, get past this winter surge, get into spring numbers dropping, get into summer shot programs. And if were lucky by the fall get ready to open the park.

Interesting... thanks for sharing.

In the end, you gotta come out of the cave at some point. As long as your not a high risk person, life needs to go on. Like any other “opportunity”, people are using COVID as a political ploy, all along the spectrum.

#764 3 years ago

This

I miss the parks and was all set to go to DW in Feb or March....my 16 year old son(whom I left it up to) decided that he didn't want to risk our health and the health of those we would return to for a self indulgent vacation during a time many people can't even afford rent.
I am more concerned with the air travel than I am with the park.....but all in all by the time we get to March....things might be even worse with these new more contagious strains emerging.

We will wait for the vaccine.

#765 3 years ago

Although I love WDW and have been many times over the past 10 years, I can not bring myself to spend a week there wearing a mask (which drives me crazy after about 30 minutes) and without Parkhoppers and Fast passes. Parkhoppers and FP+ are the only way I have found to avoid waiting in long lines for the more popular attractions, and I won't spend the money for a week on-site stay at WDW with the chance that I will not have been able to experience every attraction I want to see.

On a related matter, my family visited my wife's family in Myrtle Beach and Charlestown, SC over the holidays. I wore no masks on the street and we ate out several times in restaurants where a mask was worn until seated and then taken off. Bars were also open in a similar manner. We toured the USS Yorktown while there. When we returned to PA, my 21 y/o son got a Covid test only because he was required to before returning to work. To his and our great surprise, it came back positive, despite his feeling ABSOLUTELY no sickness whatsoever. As his dad of 69, I got a test several days later which was negative. Its been more than 2 weeks now since we returned and nobody in my family of 4 or my wife's family of 4 has had any signs of sickness whatsoever. Maybe my kid's test was a false positive?

I KNOW that people are getting Covid and getting very sick and dying. At least that's what I am told although I have not seen this (thankfully) in my personal social circle. I know personally at least 6 people who definitively have had Covid and called it a mild cold. I KNOW not everyone's experience is the same! And this is not meant to disrespect anyone who has a family member or relative or friend who is very sick or has passed. I'm just saying I personally can't say with absolute certainty that all of this mask and social distancing is doing a damn thing to stop the spread. It just seems like if you are going to get it, you do. And if it is going to hit you harder than the next guy, it will. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Most of the people that I know that got it took great precautions to protect themselves yet they still got it. And many I know who take no precautions whatsoever have never gotten it. I also don't think the vaccine is the ultimate solution. A new strain could come out at any time which the vaccine may or may not be effective against. I'm starting to lean towards the thought that we just open everything back up, let everyone live their lives as they wish, mask or no mask, stay home or go out, cautious or not so cautious, everyone decide for themselves. But accept the consequences of their decision. I know not everyone will agree with this but what we are doing now is having marginal success at best in my opinion. And don't say that if we weren't doing what we are doing that the disease would be hundreds or times worse. There's no basis to state that from what I have seen. Things have just not been that straightforward and logical.

#766 3 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Although I love WDW and have been many times over the past 10 years, I can not bring myself to spend a week there wearing a mask (which drives me crazy after about 30 minutes) and without Parkhoppers and Fast passes. Parkhoppers and FP+ are the only way I have found to avoid waiting in long lines for the more popular attractions, and I won't spend the money for a week on-site stay at WDW with the chance that I will not have been able to experience every attraction I want to see.
On a related matter, my family visited my wife's family in Myrtle Beach and Charlestown, SC over the holidays. I wore no masks on the street and we ate out several times in restaurants where a mask was worn until seated and then taken off. Bars were also open in a similar manner. We toured the USS Yorktown while there. When we returned to PA, my 21 y/o son got a Covid test only because he was required to before returning to work. To his and our great surprise, it came back positive, despite his feeling ABSOLUTELY no sickness whatsoever. As his dad of 69, I got a test several days later which was negative. Its been more than 2 weeks now since we returned and nobody in my family of 4 or my wife's family of 4 has had any signs of sickness whatsoever. Maybe my kid's test was a false positive?
I KNOW that people are getting Covid and getting very sick and dying. At least that's what I am told although I have not seen this (thankfully) in my personal social circle. I know personally at least 6 people who definitively have had Covid and called it a mild cold. I KNOW not everyone's experience is the same! And this is not meant to disrespect anyone who has a family member or relative or friend who is very sick or has passed. I'm just saying I personally can't say with absolute certainty that all of this mask and social distancing is doing a damn thing to stop the spread. It just seems like if you are going to get it, you do. And if it is going to hit you harder than the next guy, it will. There just seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.
Most of the people that I know that got it took great precautions to protect themselves yet they still got it. And many I know who take no precautions whatsoever have never gotten it. I also don't think the vaccine is the ultimate solution. A new strain could come out at any time which the vaccine may or may not be effective against. I'm starting to lean towards the thought that we just open everything back up, let everyone live their lives as they wish, mask or no mask, stay home or go out, cautious or not so cautious, everyone decide for themselves. But accept the consequences of their decision. I know not everyone will agree with this but what we are doing now is having marginal success at best in my opinion. And don't say that if we weren't doing what we are doing that the disease would be hundreds or times worse. There's no basis to state that from what I have seen. Things have just not been that straightforward and logical.

You have some interesting points. I went to wdw. It probably wasn’t worth the cost without fastpasses, etc as stated before. But I don’t regret it. I think the way this thing evolves, we may never have it under control. We have to live life. And that means work. We can’t just keep paying half the population to not work while the other half grinds away at the grocery store stocking shelves at full risk. It’s just not fair. Open it all. Stay home if you’re at high risk or afraid. I understand that people will get sick and die. I think closure like we have, in perpetuity, will lead to a fate worse than death at some point. A total colapse of society. I don’t think that’s overstated.

#767 3 years ago

Wearing the mask isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Having said that, I would not come here if I was at high risk.

Checked into the Wilderness today for a few days. Had a lazy day by the pool and never came within 6 feet of anybody. Wish I could stay here year round.

#768 3 years ago
Quoted from Fizz:

California has had some of the most, if not the most strict measures in the country, and probably the world. It's not helping. After the governor was caught breaking his own rules, a lot of people just stopped trying as hard. There are also a lot of places with extremely strict protocols that are seeing outbreaks. The senior living facility where my wife works kept covid out for about 9 months before everyone there got it, despite medical grade PPE and extremely strict protocols. Stay at home orders have been in effect for about a month and a half and we're still seeing astronomical numbers.

The attempts to stop covid have failed. Might as well enjoy some time at the parks. I'm going to Disney world in a few weeks and I'm going to check out Florida as a possible place to move. Living in California is miserable.

#770 3 years ago

Looks like the long lines have returned to Disneyland. But, this doesn't look as much fun as riding Space Mountain.

AP21013832024804 (resized).jpgAP21013832024804 (resized).jpgGettyImages-1296234046 (resized).jpgGettyImages-1296234046 (resized).jpg
#771 3 years ago

I'm in the virtual "waiting room" waiting to get an appointment to go over there. Looks like fun. One guy I know waited 4 hours even though he had an appointment.

#772 3 years ago

Aren't they handing out fast passes anymore?

Anyway, the scene at Dodger Stadium was people waiting for hours in the morning, but no lines in the afternoon if you do have an appointment.

I'll be passing on the entire routine though. I've had enough shots in my life.

#773 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Aren't they handing out fast passes anymore?
Anyway, the scene at Dodger Stadium was people waiting for hours in the morning, but no lines in the afternoon if you do have an appointment.
I'll be passing on the entire routine though. I've had enough shots in my life.

I hate to clog the Disney thread, but man, get the shot. It’s not for you. It’s to protect the vulnerable and get life in this country back to normal. And yes, so we can go back to Disneyland.

I feel like this generation has forgotten about “Ask not what your country can do for you...”

Now if you have specific dangerous allergic reactions, I apologize. This one might not be for you.

#774 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I feel like this generation has forgotten about “Ask not what your country can do for you...”

I don't care about the vaccine. I'm not against it. My wife has already gotten it because of her job... But I feel like this goes both ways. You can say it's selfish to not get the vaccine, but you could also make the argument that people who aren't at risk at all have sacrificed a lot this last year for the benefit of others who are more at risk, and that's an extremely small amount of people compared to the number of people who really shouldn't be worried about it. It's different in different states/areas, but here in Los Angeles our lives have been completely stripped of all normalcy since March, and it's been a huge sacrifice, voluntary or not. The vaccine is here, and I encourage anyone who feels they need it to get it, but don't act like someone's selfish if they choose not to get it. Everyone has made humongous sacrifices. Everyone should be allowed to make that decision for themselves, but calling them selfish after what everyone has had to live with this last year? I don't think that's fair.

#775 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I hate to clog the Disney thread, but man, get the shot. It’s not for you. It’s to protect the vulnerable and get life in this country back to normal. And yes, so we can go back to Disneyland.
Now if you have specific dangerous allergic reactions, I apologize. This one might not be for you.

What do you expect? That’s the “Me Generation” for ya.

#776 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What do you expect? That’s the “Me Generation” for ya.

Says the guy who since he has been on here I have never seen offer any tech help or any help at all to other members and seemingly has to make a profit on every game he sells. And gets his kicks by following others and responding to new members with insults perhaps to make himself look like a bigger man.

Quoted from paynemic:

but man, get the shot. It’s not for you. It’s to protect the vulnerable and get life in this country back to normal.

Do you believe in Santa Clause too? Anyway, by the time my turn comes, this will already be over or it will be shown that the vaccines did not make the difference many are preaching they will. And I did sign mom up for one.

That is all. I'm going to watch football today and try to not think about it or respond to this kind of chatter anymore.

#777 3 years ago

The guy who continually sends me unsolicited trolling emails I don’t want accuses me of “following others” to “get kicks?”

That’s rich.

#778 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The guy who continually sends me unsolicited trolling emails

I will no longer send you e-mails that you readily respond to. Even though you have called me a moron on more than one occasion, I wrote it off as the heat of the moment and although I never met you I had thought we might be friends despite our differences of opinions. I guess not.

#779 3 years ago

Got my first shot; getting my second on 2/11. I'll probably have a fever on 2/12, and two weeks later I'll have the antibodies. That's a worst case scenario. Or I can just wait to get the disease, see how it reacts to my asthma, and risk a lifetime of heart or lung scarring or GI problems like a friend of mine has been left with.

Every doctor at the hospital I got vaccinated at has received the Pfizer vaccine. The choice was clear for them, and it's clear for me. To each his own. But don't blame anybody when you get the disease and it leaves you with permanent issues.

Back on topic: Can't wait to get back to DW when the Tron ride opens. Now...when's that gonna be, you think?

#780 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Can't wait to get back to DW when the Tron ride opens. Now...when's that gonna be, you think?

At least 2022. Am at WDW now, the ride looks impressive but they will have 2 new hotels up before Tron.

#781 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

At least 2022. Am at WDW now, the ride looks impressive but they will have 2 new hotels up before Tron.

How are the waits? I heard they just constantly move the lines when able like space mountain takes 45 minute “wait” but you are continually moving the whole time?

#782 3 years ago

My take is when this pandemic is over....disney like many other places I like to visit will have a major price inflation for the same experience we used to have a lot cheaper.

#783 3 years ago
Quoted from bigsepe:

How are the waits? I heard they just constantly move the lines when able like space mountain takes 45 minute “wait” but you are continually moving the whole time?

The longest wait we had was 7d. Nothing else was over an hour.

#784 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I believe they have stopped all work on tron currently. They walled off the spot where the coaster comes out of the building as well. No idea when construction will start again.

Also for the record, this all comes from forums dedicated to WDW. I have no actual real inside info.

#785 3 years ago

Just found this thread. It was early November 2019 the last time my wife and I were at Disney World, it was one of the most fun days of our lives! I’d say we did an excellent job of getting our money’s worth only being there one day (had a cruise ship to catch the next day). Found my Facebook post from that day that I’ll share:

Recap of the MOST epic single day in Disney World history.

We had one day in Disney World to attempt to make the most of it, get the biggest bang for all those bucks. Park hopper passes in hand we got to Animal Kingdom when it opened at 8. Through the magic of fast pass, and somehow being in the right places at the right times (in regards to line lengths), here’s a list of rides we got in. ALL IN ONE DAY!

Animal Kingdom: (8am-3pm)
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Lunch at Tiffins

Hollywood Studios: (3:30pm-8pm)
Rock n Rollercoaster (still the best ride in Disney World IMHO)
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Smugglers Run

Magic Kingdom: (8:30-10pm)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain

Seriously, we got four of the biggest rides in at the magic kingdom in 90 minutes!!!!! Incredible! Key must be to go on them while the fireworks are going, because we walked straight onto Splash Mountain, and waited only a few minutes for Big Thunder.

All this on a Saturday no less. My friend’s Apple Watch said we got in 25,000 steps!

11E69B74-7CE9-4131-8B92-E2D0F2154B7E (resized).jpeg11E69B74-7CE9-4131-8B92-E2D0F2154B7E (resized).jpeg17896CBB-2581-491A-AA88-0E48A5E414AA (resized).jpeg17896CBB-2581-491A-AA88-0E48A5E414AA (resized).jpeg
#786 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm just curious...why are you so afraid when so many people have continued to live their lives safely?

Since you asked... My wife is a nurse at a hospital in Sacramento. Their ICU beds were at max capacity for several weeks not too long ago (I think things have improved somewhat recently). I personally am not “afraid”. I am relatively young (44), and healthy. Rather, I respect the fact that I am part of a bigger picture, and hearing first-hand accounts of what’s going on for people who have Covid and have been hospitalized as a result, I’m going out of my way to be a good citizen. Just my $.02, your mileage may vary.

#787 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Since you asked... My wife is a nurse at a hospital in Sacramento. Their ICU beds were at max capacity for several weeks not too long ago (I think things have improved somewhat recently). I personally am not “afraid”. I am relatively young (44), and healthy. Rather, I respect the fact that I am part of a bigger picture, and hearing first-hand accounts of what’s going on for people who have Covid and have been hospitalized as a result, I’m going out of my way to be a good citizen. Just my $.02, your mileage may vary.

Thank you to your wife for all she does.

#788 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Says the guy who since he has been on here I have never seen offer any tech help or any help at all to other members and seemingly has to make a profit on every game he sells. And gets his kicks by following others and responding to new members with insults perhaps to make himself look like a bigger man.

Do you believe in Santa Clause too? Anyway, by the time my turn comes, this will already be over or it will be shown that the vaccines did not make the difference many are preaching they will. And I did sign mom up for one.
That is all. I'm going to watch football today and try to not think about it or respond to this kind of chatter anymore.

Literally one of the most baffling posts ever. Likening a scientifically proven vaccine to Santa Clause? Literally lol. And getting your mom one and not you? That seems logical to you, huh? She takes the “risk” (literally there is statistically virtually none, but anyway) and you benefit from your local herd immunity. Classic.

Anyway, I really do feel for you Californians and the lockdown you’ve faced. It’s terrible. But the only way your governor is going to allow reopening of the economy is if enough of you get vaccinated. So why not give up your pride and the fight for “freedom” and just get the vaccine and help get real freedom for California. Freedom in the form of reopening Disneyland (and the rest of the economy, of course)!

But really. Just get it. It’s a small, safe thing that can finally get life back to normal. Really. It’s safe. It’s free. It’s not a conspiracy. Republicans. Democrats. People of good science of all politics have worked on this tirelessly.

And now I’ll officially stop the vaccine talk on my end. Would totally be open to a rational discussion via dm if anyone has any real doubts about the vaccine. Goodnight all, here’s to a better year!

#789 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Literally one of the most baffling posts ever. Likening a scientifically proven vaccine to Santa Clause? Literally lol. And getting your mom one and not you? That seems logical to you, huh? She takes the “risk” (literally there is statistically virtually none, but anyway) and you benefit from your local herd immunity. Classic.
Anyway, I really do feel for you Californians and the lockdown you’ve faced. It’s terrible. But the only way your governor is going to allow reopening of the economy is if enough of you get vaccinated. So why not give up your pride and the fight for “freedom” and just get the vaccine and help get real freedom for California. Freedom in the form of reopening Disneyland (and the rest of the economy, of course)!
But really. Just get it. It’s a small, safe thing that can finally get life back to normal. Really. It’s safe. It’s free. It’s not a conspiracy. Republicans. Democrats. People of good science of all politics have worked on this tirelessly.
And now I’ll officially stop the vaccine talk on my end. Would totally be open to a rational discussion via dm if anyone has any real doubts about the vaccine. Goodnight all, here’s to a better year!

Reality is what you make of it. Just got back from WDW, and it was awesome. I wish I could live there.

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

California Economy reopened today. Only restriction is no indoor dining. However, outdoor dining has resumed. No more eating on the curb or in your vehicle or taking food home.

#791 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Mom is 98 years old and in assisted living and they sent me the consent form last week. Would you have me say no to them? Sure it's a risk, and I'm on pins and needles about it as covid has already gone thru there twice with her never testing positive.

As far as your science, they are already saying getting vaccinated does not prevent you from being a contagious carrier anyway and are unsure how long any immunity lasts. Where's the herd immunity in that? And if I am or was exposed already, which in my line of work I'm almost certain I was, I'm already part of your herd.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, I miss Pluto and his antics as they are way more entertaining than all these armchair scientific expert guilt trippers here.

#792 3 years ago

Not sure what the kid did, but at 16, I played Pluto a couple times.....People werent nice back then either. Poked, Kicked, Tail pulled,
cursed at....that was considered normal.

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure what the kid did

Kicked him in the nuts. Which is sometimes how I feel when I log on here and see others that don't have their facts straight judging me.

#794 3 years ago

Reminds me of my first job back when I was 16. Growing up in Santa Cruz, California my first job was the same as many, the Beach Boardwalk (if you seen the movie Lost Boys you've seen the Boardwalk). I ended up working the rides after a few months, but my first gig was as a costumed character. Our theme at the time (not sure if it still is or not) was Popeye and I played Brutus. Here I was a super skinny kid with a hula hoop inside my costume. I think it was Memorial Day weekend, hugging kids, patting them on the head, out of nowhere some drunk idiot comes up and cold cocks me, right in the head. Not a pleasant thing when you're in the suit, even with a fake head, rang terrible and knocked me to the ground. Security grabbed the guy and after some time passed he said that he wished to apologize to me. I'd been asked if I wanted to press charges. Guy comes up says he's sorry, slips me a $100 bill and says, "We cool?". Yes sir, 16 years old making minimum wage, we are in fact cool. I'd have taken a shot upside the head for $100 every day of the week!

But yeah, be nice to the costumed people.

#795 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not sure what the kid did, but at 16, I played Pluto a couple times.....People werent nice back then either. Poked, Kicked, Tail pulled,
cursed at....that was considered normal.

Those kids that have the character roles have a tough gig.

#796 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kicked him in the nuts. Which is sometimes how I feel when I log on here and see others that don't have their facts straight judging me.

Sounds like the job for me. I don't even wear a Pluto costume and I frequently get kicked in the nuts. Might as well get paid for it.

#797 3 years ago

My dad always told me I should be an engineer.

Took me a while to get what he was saying.

dab6acaf514418d67627c67f7518398f (resized).jpgdab6acaf514418d67627c67f7518398f (resized).jpg
#799 3 years ago

I've already figured out that although close, I do not have the proper wit for The Jungle Cruise. And driving a barge back and forth to Tom Sawyer's Island all day sounds kind of boring. The Firetruck would be fun though. It will cost you an 'A" Ticket.

#800 3 years ago

Oh, awesome! Because I ALWAYS think of how offensive and lacking in diversity that ride is whenever I'm on it.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.