D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 53.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hi all. I’m a Disneyland AP holder and trying to understand how dl will treat me when it opens back up. Are they firm on original blackout days, etc? The only time we can go during our Covid pass extension is during thanksgiving. But we are blocked out a few of the days. Any insight from you wdw annual pass holders?

It's not certain that they'll even be open by Thanksgiving. The governor seems determined to keep them closed.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It's not certain that they'll even be open by Thanksgiving. The governor seems determined to keep them closed.

For sure. Where had four different reservations now. We will keep trying. Just trying to figure out the blackout situation in advance.

#553 3 years ago

Just checked, no new word on Disneyland annual passes recently.(I don’t have an AP any more but those close to me do). Nothing in writing either, just some verbal assurance in phone calls that they will “be taken care of”

Downtown Disney just opened and some relatives just went there the other day, they said it was pretty controlled and locked-down.

Unfortunately The Void has been kicked out, supposedly there was some weird legal dispute between them and Disney involving disclosures and Disney gave them the boot. Too bad, that was really fun.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

For sure. Where had four different reservations now. We will keep trying. Just trying to figure out the blackout situation in advance.

Whenever they do open, it will be at limited capacity, and I think it's going to be difficult for Passholders to get reservations, especially for consecutive days. People are so desperate to get back to Disney that downtown Disney is hitting capacity 5 minutes after opening and they are turning people away at the parking lot entrance. It will be interesting to see how Disney handles it, but unless they really pressure the governor to let them open with more than fractional capacity, I don't see how they avoid paying out refunds to most Passholders.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Disney started to test extended hours this past weekend I believe. Lately, the parks have been open for 8 hour days but on Saturday they had Hollywood Studios stay open until 8pm instead. So maybe by November they'll have extended hours. As far as restaurants, my wife and I had dinner at Be Our Guest in Magical Kingdom and all of the food was really really good.

thanks

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Aren't your passes good for the Disney parks in Florida too?
By Thanksgiving....If you can I would book FL.

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If Boma is open, and running full, they run a buffett loaded with favorites plus an assortment of African, and Americanized African foods. No risk, as you can sample on your plate some amazing spices and tastes.
Wandering the lodge is a joy, and the windows and outdoor area open to view Giraffes, and other animals.
They run a large fire pit, when its cooler.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/boma-flavors-of-africa/
If you are leaving the property, try the restaurants on Sand Lake Road, on the west side of I-4, its where the locals, executives,
and the rich and famous that live there often dine......many choices, and IMO, a big difference from I-Drive.

Thanks ,Looks good hopefully it's open but being a buffet it probably will have to wait till next trip.But definitely going to try it someday.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

They weren’t pre-covid. Are they doing something like that now? That would be a nice thought.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

And if anyone has any must go to restaurants let me know

Spice Road Table we hit for the first time a few years ago when we went with my parents. My Dad said it was his favorite meal ever at Disney (we have gone since 1979 when I was little and they still go 2-3 times per year with friends or my family ...except now with Covid) and we have gone to just about every restaurant. Outdoor venue with a roof, overlooking the lake and the food and service was amazing. Even my kids loved it and they can be a little picky with non traditional American foods. Second is Edison, a steampunk kind of place but really good food and a great place for a lighter lunch or dinner (dinner had entertainment). The third was recommended to me by a bunch of my in-laws who swore by it (one couple named it their favorite). Art Smith walked around to see everyone too. I had to be rolled out so careful how much you eat LOL

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/spice-road-table/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/edison/

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/chef-art-smiths-homecomin/

#560 3 years ago

Quoted from paynemic:

They weren’t pre-covid. Are they doing something like that now? That would be a nice thought.

That is only for the "Disney Premier Passport". It's a pass that is good at both, but if that is not what you bought, it isn't included.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is only for the "Disney Premier Passport". It's a pass that is good at both, but if that is not what you bought, it isn't included.

Thanks, we did this in 2011, so I wasn't sure.
It worked out that time for us. We combined a NASA launch and all the parks.

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Spice Road Table we hit for the first time a few years ago when we went with my parents. My Dad said it was his favorite meal ever at Disney (we have gone since 1979 when I was little and they still go 2-3 times per year with friends or my family ...except now with Covid) and we have gone to just about every restaurant. Outdoor venue with a roof, overlooking the lake and the food and service was amazing. Even my kids loved it and they can be a little picky with non traditional American foods. Second is Edison, a steampunk kind of place but really good food and a great place for a lighter lunch or dinner (dinner had entertainment). The third was recommended to me by a bunch of my in-laws who swore by it (one couple named it their favorite). Art Smith walked around to see everyone too. I had to be rolled out so careful how much you eat LOL
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/spice-road-table/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/edison/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/chef-art-smiths-homecomin/

Spice Road is very enjoyable. There are so many choices, but my list of favorites are:

Raglan Road in Disney Springs
Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness
50's Drive In at Hollywood Studios
Rose & Crown at Epcot

So many others, but these have the best memories and aura about them. Try to hit them ever time.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Spice Road is very enjoyable. There are so many choices, but my list of favorites are:
Raglan Road in Disney Springs
Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness
50's Drive In at Hollywood Studios
Rose & Crown at Epcot
So many others, but these have the best memories and aura about them. Try to hit them ever time.

I agree on all of those (the scotch eggs at Rose & Crown are to die for)

Whispering Canyon can get too loud with all the kids. I have been told they toned it down but last couple times I went it was almost Chef Mickey's loud

#564 3 years ago

We love Trail's End in fort wilderness. It's a great buffet of bbq type food with plenty of choices. It's not too pricey and we go at least once per trip.

I'll be happy when the buffets open back up.

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I agree on all of those (the scotch eggs at Rose & Crown are to die for)
Whispering Canyon can get too loud with all the kids. I have been told they toned it down but last couple times I went it was almost Chef Mickey's loud

It isn't like it was several years ago where the "rudeness", was at an all time high. It was a lot of fun back then, especially for the kids who got a kick out of yelling for ketchup. When we went in January, it was defiantly toned down unfortunately.

#566 3 years ago

Big layoffs announced. Guess it was inevitable, but lots of people impacted.

#567 3 years ago

Yes, 28,000 layoffs. Combination of some parks still closed with no clear reopening dates (e.g. Disneyland here in CA) and the parks that are open having way-down attendance. Could be worse; the Broadway shows have totally given up on the 2020-2021 season now. Disney scrapped plans to bring Frozen to Broadway even if and when they reopen.

#568 3 years ago

Seems like a power move to force Gavin to open Disneyland. We'll see

#569 3 years ago

Something I have always wanted to make. I present the very rare, one of a kind, Diseyland Indiana Jones Adventure Pinball in 1/24 size. I recreated the decals, hand painted the mohagany trim, and hand painted the bamboo legs complete with twine. I am now offering a limited number of these on my Etsy shop for others to enjoy.

8b-1 (resized).jpg8b-1 (resized).jpg
8b-2 (resized).jpg8b-2 (resized).jpg
8b-3 (resized).jpg8b-3 (resized).jpg

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Something I have always wanted to make. I present the very rare, one of a kind, Diseyland Indiana Jones Adventure Pinball in 1/24 size. I recreated the decals, hand painted the mohagany trim, and hand painted the bamboo legs complete with twine. I am now offering a limited number of these on my Etsy shop for others to enjoy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The one time I tried playing this it was broken and took my money. Had pretty serious playfield wear too. It's been gone for some time.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

Seems like a power move to force Gavin to open Disneyland. We'll see

Maybe, though there are other things that they could be doing that would be way more effective. Don't want to get a political moderation though so I'll just say I don't know what they're doing but they aren't trying very hard to open.

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The one time I tried playing this it was broken and took my money. Had pretty serious playfield wear too. It's been gone for some time.

Yep it’s no mystery the game was a mess but boy it was cool

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Yep it’s no mystery the game was a mess but boy it was cool

What's your etsy?

#574 3 years ago

"Maybe, though there are other things that they could be doing that would be way more effective....."

What things could they be doing? I would think they have done everything they could to re open......their property in Florida seems to be following good safety protocols even during a surge there they were never shown responsible for any super spreader events.

It seems like forcing the governor to face the economic facts that Anaheim is going to go bankrupt without an open park is the only move left after being ignored week after week.

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

"Maybe, though there are other things that they could be doing that would be way more effective....."
What things could they be doing? I would think they have done everything they could to re open......their property in Florida seems to be following good safety protocols even during a surge there they were never shown responsible for any super spreader events.
It seems like forcing the governor to face the economic facts that Anaheim is going to go bankrupt without an open park is the only move left after being ignored week after week.

The governor here is facing a recall effort that is gaining serious momentum because of these shutdowns. Disney could easily use that to their advantage.

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The governor here is facing a recall effort that is gaining serious momentum because of these shutdowns. Disney could easily use that to their advantage.

I assume by " here" you are talking about California ? Your location doesn't show ....
Isn't that what they are doing? Applying populist economic pressure based on imminent massive layoffs ...

I hope it moves the needle a bit

#577 3 years ago

Even Yehwah Bob at Port Orleans was let go. I get the logic of it, but it still hurts. We loved going to his show.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I assume by " here" you are talking about California ? Your location doesn't show ....
Isn't that what they are doing? Applying populist economic pressure based on imminent massive layoffs ...
I hope it moves the needle a bit

Yes. I'm in California. The problem is that the governor is not worried about the economy. He's on the record saying he's going to just assume that the federal government will bail out the state and proceed under that assumption. There are a lot more people losing jobs here than just at Disney, so I don't think Disney announcing layoffs will make a difference.

As for the recall, I'll leave it to your imagination how they might use that.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

He's on the record saying he's going to just assume that the federal government will bail out the state and proceed under that assumption.

Could you post a link to that video or reference? Thanks.

#581 3 years ago

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that guidelines will be released this week, according to state officials. It wouldn't be the first time they lied about it if they don't follow through, but maybe Disney's PR campaign is actually working.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The Los Angeles Times is reporting that guidelines will be released this week, according to state officials. It wouldn't be the first time they lied about it if they don't follow through, but maybe Disney's PR campaign is actually working.

Ha! I wouldn't call it PR....I would call it political Blackmail......
I have always been morally conflicted by Disney. I love Disneyland but the unabashed consumerism, no matter what the cost, has always been difficult for me to swallow.

1 week later
#583 3 years ago

More layoffs last week at Disneyland.
Pretty big number of cast members will not have insurance come Nov 1.
Our backstage union is in negotiations that are not pretty.
A small fact to face here. The amount of layoffs means we are done until 2021 now.
We were told that you dont do a layoff and call them back 30 days later for a xmas season.
Optimistic that come April 1 we will open to limited capacity, face masks, temp check.
Rapid testing is key to this opening.
Meanwhile Avengers land is coming along slowly, very slowly. Should be ready by April.

#584 3 years ago

Newsom is single handedly killing the Disney parks.

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Newsom is single handedly killing the Disney parks.

Doesn't help when Mayor of Anaheim doesn't want 20,000 flying in from all over the world either. Hate to say it...he kind of has a point. We need rapid testing asap.

#586 3 years ago

Doesn't help when Mayor of Anaheim doesn't want 20,000 flying in from all over the world either. Hate to say it...he kind of has a point. We need rapid testing asap.

There hasn't been a positive case traced back to WDW yet that i've heard of.

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

There hasn't been a positive case traced back to WDW yet that i've heard of.

Watching, yes none found yet.
But, can i be honest without getting political?
Im trying to tread lightly here....
It"s Florida!

#588 3 years ago

But most of the people are not from Florida. They're travelling from all over, just as they would be to Disneyland.

#589 3 years ago

I'm absolutely gutted that NAMM is cancelled this year. I so look forward to my annual Anaheim trip so I can visit the rat and have a turkey leg. I can't wait to get back there in 2022 when California (hopefully) regains some semblance of sanity.

#590 3 years ago

I’m sad about it all. We have had four or five different reservations that keep getting pushed back. The latest is thanksgiving but it looks like that’s dead now too.

#591 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm absolutely gutted that NAMM is cancelled this year. I so look forward to my annual Anaheim trip so I can visit the rat and have a turkey leg. I can't wait to get back there in 2022 when California (hopefully) regains some semblance of sanity.

I also look forward to leaving freezing Maine for southern California mid-January for NAMM every year.
D.

#592 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

But most of the people are not from Florida. They're travelling from all over, just as they would be to Disneyland.

Without turning this into the covid thread its horribly subjective.
All those guests fly home...if they get infected its pretty hard to trace it back to Disneyworld. The travel along could be blamed.

#593 3 years ago

If you want to Monitor your trip to Florida, here is the best website for info, based on the release of Data from the Govt, via telecheck out of PA. You can read further on the debates, regarding how numbers are reported these days.
They have a mobile app as well, search by County.

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/7572b118dc3c48d885d1c643c195314e/

It also links to a site that tracks every school district in the US.

#594 3 years ago

Without turning this into the covid thread its horribly subjective.
All those guests fly home...if they get infected its pretty hard to trace it back to Disneyworld. The travel along could be blamed.

They’re doing a lot of contact tracing now. It would be super easy to connect the dots with major spreading events for “people in wdw” in a given timeframe. There is not one reported connection (that I’ve heard of). Not to be argumentative, but I really believe covid is no reason to keep a major employer closed for half a year. If we can’t keep people safe at DL, how about Costco? It’s tragic that CA is so anti business.

#595 3 years ago

Newsom is supposedly sending a team to Orlando to evaluate theme park safety protocols, and seems to have changed his tone a little since last week when he basically said there's no hurry. I think it's a stall tactic, trying to look like he cares about all the lost jobs, but they've had months and months to figure this out and now they're looking at Florida? Nothing about this sounds genuine. There's no need to travel to Florida. All of the protocols are in place here waiting for the doors to open.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

They’re doing a lot of contact tracing now. It would be super easy to connect the dots with major spreading events for “people in wdw” in a given timeframe. There is not one reported connection (that I’ve heard of). Not to be argumentative, but I really believe covid is no reason to keep a major employer closed for half a year. If we can’t keep people safe at DL, how about Costco? It’s tragic that CA is so anti business.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find anything on the net regarding contact tracing at Disney World. Could you share more?

#597 3 years ago

Any confirmed case is supposed to undergo contact tracing to see where they’ve been and who they contacted. If Disney was in their recent history you can be SURE it would come up and be corroborated by others. But you’re right, I don’t believe Disney is doing any direct contact tracing themselves.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Any confirmed case is supposed to undergo contact tracing to see where they’ve been and who they contacted. If Disney was in their recent history you can be SURE it would come up and be corroborated by others. But you’re right, I don’t believe Disney is doing any direct contact tracing themselves.

I'm going to WDW next week, and honestly...I have no concerns. Not sure about tracing, but they are going well beyond the norm to ensure safety.

As far as Disneyland, could care less.

#599 3 years ago

All of these businesses that require people to show up are handling it the same way...hush, hush. You're not going to hear about anyone from any of those places getting it. But frankly, you can just do the math and it's pretty much a given that it's happening. Just like airplanes. 1 in every 6,600 Americans is getting it every day, so if you have more than that going you can be pretty much assured that it's happening. Like I calculated my kids school before it started, there's a 1 in 10 chance that someone in the school will have covid on a given day. 30 school days in, 3 kids have gotten it.

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

All of these businesses that require people to show up are handling it the same way...hush, hush. You're not going to hear about anyone from any of those places getting it. But frankly, you can just do the math and it's pretty much a given that it's happening. Just like airplanes. 1 in every 6,600 Americans is getting it every day, so if you have more than that going you can be pretty much assured that it's happening. Like I calculated my kids school before it started, there's a 1 in 10 chance that someone in the school will have covid on a given day. 30 school days in, 3 kids have gotten it.

I think you’re probably not wrong on the numbers. But you have to remember this doesn’t spread by voodoo. There’s an actual substance to it. You can be near someone but not catch it from them with appropriate precautions. I have hundreds of people coming through my office daily. Not one contact from tracers. We just take precautions. I think Disneyland can do the same.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.