D2479C87-4F69-4993-8867-80E122D4EF1E.jpeg
Super_Nintendo_World_(Universal_Studios_Japan) (resized).png
Stan Mikita (resized).jpg
cry.jpg
pasted_imageWhat was I thinking  (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
0FB828AF-2DEC-4FB8-A425-A070389F1FE5 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 53.
#502 3 years ago

I haven't touched a public door handle with bare hand since March...... habit now...an amusement park would present some difficulties for me.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s stupid. There have been no reported super spreader incidences in Disney world. It’s a no brainer to open.

Quoted from DaveH:

informal : a decision or choice that is very easy to make and requires very little thought.
I wish that were true in this case. Unfortunately, that isn't how pandemics work.

Fair point. A decision that needs thought. I’m afraid the people deciding to keep everything shut down aren’t thinking enough.

The math above is fairly convincing. Mortality rate is far below what we initially thought. There are more Suicides from lost jobs or starving people in tiny economies throughout the world due to the shutdown than anyone is able to count too.

Staying closed down has dire consequences as well. It’s time to get back to it. Kids need school. People need to work. Disney should be able to open.

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m afraid the people deciding to keep everything shut down aren’t thinking enough.

That is just discounting the other side of the discussion by referring to them as people that don't think.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

That is just discounting the other side of the discussion by referring to them as people that don't think.

What discussion? If you are against the shut downs, people treat you like a crazy person. You basically called me a liar above and then I showed you that I wasn't making it up and cited the CDC. You ignored it and just continue to argue with people without addressing the facts we bring up. Sounds a lot like not thinking to me.

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What discussion? If you are against the shut downs, people treat you like a crazy person. You basically called me a liar above and then I showed you that I wasn't making it up and cited the CDC. You ignored it and just continue to argue with people without addressing the facts we bring up. Sounds a lot like not thinking to me.

Half the people here are "against the shutdowns." I would get too martyr-ey about it.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Half the people here are "against the shutdowns." I would get too martyr-ey about it.

Still waiting for one of you guys to respond to the data posted above and defend the shutdowns.

#508 3 years ago

I used to love the pinball machines there when you walked out of Space Mountain. I guess all good things must come to an end. I don't enjoy going on that ride as much anymore since the machines are gone.

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Still waiting for one of you guys to respond to the data posted above and defend the shutdowns.

Why? Why on earth would I bother? No matter who wins a debate like this, it is meaningless. I'm not going to convince you of anything. You're not going to convince me that people don't die from Covid (BECAUSE I KNOW PEOPLE THAT HAVE DIED FROM COVID!). You will then go into pre-existing conditions they had and will dismiss their deaths, because somehow we are now to the point that the only death that counts is someone who is 100% healthy. Your math was a massive guess from the CDC, because stunningly even the CDC is a political institution now. You expand one side of the equation by an order of magnitude, but if I did the same on the other side I'd hear the tired argument of how hospitals make money from listing deaths as Covid.

And the worst part? Now I'm going to get moderated in a fucking Disney thread, because I love disney and I planned to be in Disney World today for a very special anniversary tomorrow, and instead I'm on Pinside responding to this crap. Ok, there is my response, and I defend the shutdown with 190000 American deaths because we can't deal with responding to a virus. Now I'll quietly take my vacation.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

even the CDC is a political institution now.

The CDC is a political institution NOW... now that they've collected data and made conclusions that you don't like?

You're in denial if you don't think the number of actual cases is extremely underreported. We didn't even have tests to confirm cases until we were months into this thing, and many (cdc estimates 40%) cases are asymptomatic. Many more people have mild symptoms and are never tested. At the beginning of April, Andrew Cuomo himself released antibody test study results showing more than 20% of NYC residents had been infected. Was that some right wing conspiracy? But it's an outrageous guess to estimate that 20% of Californians have been infected more than 5 months later?

You act like 190,000 deaths in America over 7 or 8 months is something catastrophic, and bring up underlying conditions as if mentioning it first negates the fact that it's true. It's an increase from the normal rate, but one worth taking away people's freedom?

You're clearly afraid of the facts because not only are you ignoring them, but you're complaining about having to respond to an argument that you instigated and then say you're running off to vacation like a child with his fingers in his ears.

This is what denying science really looks like.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You act like 190,000 deaths in America over 7 or 8 months is something catastrophic

I’m going to just quote that. That way when I get my thread eject it can remain here. The reason is you are now equating unnecessary deaths to the total deaths in America. There’s no reasoning with that. 190000 deaths from this brushed aside as nothing. Pretty sad.

#512 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m going to just quote that. That way when I get my thread eject it can remain here. The reason is you are now equating unnecessary deaths to the total deaths in America. There’s no reasoning with that. 190000 deaths from this brushed aside as nothing. Pretty sad.

You're twisting my words. You're saying that an increase in deaths that overall equates to less than 0.06% of the population of the country (I did the math) from a segment of the population that many of whom could have died from other factors exacerbating their underlying conditions anyways, is worth destroying people's businesses, ravaging people's mental health, and violating Americans' constitutional rights.

Suicide rates are spiking... But that's not important... Right?

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You're twisting my words. You're saying that an increase in deaths that overall equates to less than 0.06 of the population of the country (I did the math) from a segment of the population that many of whom could have died from other factors exacerbating their underlying conditions anyways, is worth destroying people's businesses, ravaging people's mental health, and violating Americans' constitutional rights.

Would you please stop making my point over and over again? It’s like you are reading my rant post and making every tired argument I said you would make. Relax snowflake.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Would you please stop making my point over and over again? It’s like you are reading my rant post and making every tired argument I said you would make. Relax snowflake.

You predict I make an argument and instead of responding to the argument, you just say "I told you you'd say that."

That's not an argument. That's deflection.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You predict I make an argument and instead of responding to the argument, you just say "I told you you'd say that."
That's not an argument. That's deflection.

Let me now quote myself...

Quoted from DaveH:

Why? Why on earth would I bother? No matter who wins a debate like this, it is meaningless.

As I said, useless. If you can brush aside 190000 lives, where will find common ground?

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Let me now quote myself...

As I said, useless. If you can brush aside 190000 lives, where will find common ground?

Who ever said I was brushing aside lives? My point is that a certain number of people would have died in that time frame anyways, and so the real issue is the marginal number of deaths, and I ask you why everyone must suffer to protect an incredibly small portion of the population who should be responsible for their own health and take their own precautions. Does it not concern you that the quality of life for everyone has been lowered dramatically? That people are struggling with depression? That suicides are increasing? That businesses are closing permanently? That we've added trillions to the national debt?

You grasp into this number of deaths like it's the only factor and you remove it from the larger context to try to make it a gotcha "you don't care about deaths" argument. It's immature.

#517 3 years ago

Zzzzzz....wake me when we can talk about Disneyland again....this argument is being had daily in the Corona Virus thread so maybe go over there where people are better with numbers and science and stuff and leave us to our Disney nonsense ...

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

wake me when we can talk about Disneyland again

I agree. I started by saying it was a worthless conversation, and nothing he has said has changed that viewpoint.

So, favorite Disney ride! Carousel of Progress for me. I always leave that ride happy. Followed by one that can never be ridden again, which was Horizons. I’m still bummed they took that out.

#519 3 years ago

I like the new tech....though my favorite will always be The Haunted Mansion .....

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I agree. I started by saying it was a worthless conversation, and nothing he has said has changed that viewpoint.

Textbook science denial.

#521 3 years ago

Well. Princess and the frog sucks compared to song of the south.

Thought I'd switch to a different controversial topic.

#522 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Well. Princess and the frog sucks compared to song of the south.
Thought I'd switch to a different controversial topic.

Yeah, that rabbit, fox and bear have people up in arms.

#523 3 years ago

I made these last night .... the book left out the half of sausage that needs to be included like the park had (which I added), but it was pretty close in taste to the real thing. We had these while waiting for our boarding pass number to be called.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#524 3 years ago

Just made a reservation for next month at AK.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I made these last night .... the book left out the half of sausage that needs to be included like the park had (which I added), but it was pretty close in taste to the real thing. We had these while waiting for our boarding pass number to be called. [quoted image]

So what’s the ingredient that had to be added? And how much?

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just made a reservation for next month at AK.

I was told Animal Kingdom was closed when I tried to book.

#527 3 years ago

We love Disney and usually go every year as a Halloween tradition. I think we found the secret to having the park to ourselves with attending during Mickey's Halloween Party days. We dress in costume as a family and show up around 3:30 in the afternoon and try and make it until midnight. At 6:00 p.m. they start ushering everyone out that does not have Mickey's Halloween Party tickets and the park becomes magical as you can walk straight up to rides without waits. It is basically the only way I will go now. No crowds, cooler during the night, and fantastic firework show/parade to see that comes alive at night. I was hesitant on letting more people know about this event-the word is really starting to get out anyway-so keep it secret (;

All of this talk about expensive time shares and Disney's lucrative hotel segments got me thinking "Retail is for suckers". Now if you have the money to blow and it is your main families entertainment-that makes sense. To me the Disney properties are way over rated and the only one's that interest me are Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge with balcony facing wild animals or Disney's Hotel Resort that allows early admission into the parks. Both are priced really high because of the demand.

We book our trips through Orbitz vacation packages section(I have tried to beat their deals with no success). We book airfare, hotel and car rental for 3-4 nights for $350-$550 per person. Our favorite locations have a kitchen for cooking and are more of a residence inn style instead of a cramped hotel room. At Disneyworld we like the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort just outside the maingate. At Disneyland we like the Clementine Hotel(formally Marriot residence inn) just outside frontgate. A shuttle comes every 20 minutes and gate is a five minute bus trip.(We also like Anabella Hotel that is within walking distance to gate). Having the family room with kitchen is nice when sharing space with extended family members. We usually make a run to nearby Costco for snacks, fresh fruit and meals to cook. We can't wait to get back to some normalcy and visit Disney soon.

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

my favorite will always be The Haunted Mansion .....

My favorite will always be the Indiana Jones thrill ride...

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So what’s the ingredient that had to be added? And how much?

They omitted the sweet Italian sausage link that was in there. Also the park had a peppercorn sauce but I didn't put that on mine (not a fan of that sauce). I used just some cilantro lime crema

#530 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I was told Animal Kingdom was closed when I tried to book.

The resort is closed but we are using DVC points. Apparently it is staffed, but minimally.

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

To me the Disney properties are way over rated and the only one's that interest me are Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge with balcony facing wild animals

If you like the smell of fresh dung in the morning, that's the place to be

Kids liked staying there but I didn't like it at all. Anytime you want to go to any park other than AK its a long bus ride.

Also most of the DVC rooms have a living room and full sized kitchen. Also a washer and dryer which is great for the very hot and humid days. Buy food at the local Super Target or Super Walmart (once I did Winn Dixie).

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That is my sons favorite....It is pretty damn cool......Haunted Mansion just has that magic trick + Nostalgic quality that I love so much about Disneyland.
Hey....that's the same thing I love about my favorite Pinball machines!

#533 3 years ago

Those wraps look good but I don’t know why the Galaxy’s Edge cookbook has them so different from what’s in the park. They are really just pork loin slices with pork sausage, tangy slaw and peppercorn sauce.

FC89DB13-8B0D-4AE3-AB50-BF195B2394A2 (resized).jpegFC89DB13-8B0D-4AE3-AB50-BF195B2394A2 (resized).jpeg
#534 3 years ago

If this is still a thread about Disney parks and not just pandemic diatribe, my wife and I were at Hollywood Studios on Monday, Animal Kingdom on Tuesday, and Universal Studios the last three days and we had a great time. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

042827BE-39B5-4EA3-98AC-386397C51657 (resized).jpeg042827BE-39B5-4EA3-98AC-386397C51657 (resized).jpeg10B200F4-6612-4810-9C7A-EC1829916125 (resized).jpeg10B200F4-6612-4810-9C7A-EC1829916125 (resized).jpeg23589B87-41FC-4750-A648-3855EE9AD9C4 (resized).jpeg23589B87-41FC-4750-A648-3855EE9AD9C4 (resized).jpeg52F429FF-54D6-437C-AA69-3A58D35AF5A5 (resized).jpeg52F429FF-54D6-437C-AA69-3A58D35AF5A5 (resized).jpeg69DB1AF9-DD42-4733-8DCC-28672A3F1F12 (resized).jpeg69DB1AF9-DD42-4733-8DCC-28672A3F1F12 (resized).jpeg96A37629-AEA5-48BD-B8D6-7B5D35381302 (resized).jpeg96A37629-AEA5-48BD-B8D6-7B5D35381302 (resized).jpeg
#535 3 years ago

Let's get back to facts!

Fact, Anaheim Disney is overrun with Norway RATS, they keep a herd of feral CATS to EAT the RATS. That's why adventureland REEKS of CAT PISS, and ROTTING RAT CARCASSES.

Fun facts.... Yes??

Message from the Freeeek Kingdom.

intro-1519073638 (1) (resized).jpgintro-1519073638 (1) (resized).jpg
#536 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

If this is still a thread about Disney parks and not just pandemic diatribe, my wife and I were at Hollywood Studios on Monday, Animal Kingdom on Tuesday, and Universal Studios the last three days and we had a great time. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Sounds like a good time!

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Great call because that's also (perhaps) my favorite (but only if they're shooting the flames that day), but that new Star Wars ride was pretty freaking epic. I couldn't believe all the parts you were ushered through - I thought it would never end. For pure nostalgia, nothing beats the Matterhorn for me. That never gets old. You know what else never gets old? Turkey legs, corn on a stick, frozen bananas, and Dole Whip, which is pretty much heaven in a cup.

Disneyland makes me one fat bastard.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Great call because that's also (perhaps) my favorite (but only if they're shooting the flames that day), but that new Star Wars ride was pretty freaking epic. I couldn't believe all the parts you were ushered through - I thought it would never end. For pure nostalgia, nothing beats the Matterhorn for me. That never gets old. You know what else never gets old? Turkey legs, corn on a stick, frozen bananas, and Dole Whip, which is pretty much heaven in a cup.
Disneyland makes me one fat bastard.

Good call. I’d have to say, for the 8 zillion times I’ve been to Disneyland, Pirates and Haunted Mansion are great nostalgia. We'll hit those every time and they never seem to get old. And Dole Whip, yes, always.

For Haunted Mansion, it’s kind of interesting to read about the Pepper’s ghost effect used there, something that has been around for a long time.

#539 3 years ago

We have been going a lot lately, the rides have been walk on wait times. I do think Disney is taking a huge hit right now and its sad but as an anual pass holder who lives super close its been amazing for me and my family. We are moving soon so we are going as much as we can our last MO here.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

We have been going a lot lately, the rides have been walk on wait times. I do think Disney is taking a huge hit right now and its sad but as an anual pass holder who lives super close its been amazing for me and my family. We are moving soon so we are going as much as we can our last MO here.

They are secretly increasing the capacity, and the wait times show it.

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They are secretly increasing the capacity, and the wait times show it.

I belive that. But for the time being, it had been super nice, so has traffic in orlando!!!

1 week later
#542 3 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Small world! I was at Hollywood Studios on Monday as well!

My wife and I just got back from a week-ish long trip. We went to all four parks the first four days, then we went to Universal/IOA for the following two days, and then back to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for the final two days.

I know people say wearing a mask at the parks is bad, but it is worth it for these short wait times. I know it isn't fun and takes away from the experience in a way, but we rode everything we wanted multiple times. Wait times were frequently less than the posted time, many were walk-ons. It was a park experience that we'll probably never get again and I'm glad we went. Disney and Universal are both doing very good jobs of keeping people spaced out, encourage hand sanitizing before and after rides, and enforcing the masks.

#543 3 years ago

We are going to the Orlando Informer Meetup at universal for 2 days then hitting the greatest place on earth for 4 days in November :}.The Universal thing is a after hour event they do a few times a year from what I understand.Has anyone heard if Disney is going to have extended after hours for park guest this holiday season ? And if anyone has any must go to restaurants let me know. I think the biggest reason we are going is for another Dole Whip,yumm

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

We are going to the Orlando Informer Meetup at universal for 2 days then hitting the greatest place on earth for 4 days in November :}.The Universal thing is a after hour event they do a few times a year from what I understand.Has anyone heard if Disney is going to have extended after hours for park guest this holiday season ? And if anyone has any must go to restaurants let me know. I think the biggest reason we are going is for another Dole Whip,yumm

Disney started to test extended hours this past weekend I believe. Lately, the parks have been open for 8 hour days but on Saturday they had Hollywood Studios stay open until 8pm instead. So maybe by November they'll have extended hours. As far as restaurants, my wife and I had dinner at Be Our Guest in Magical Kingdom and all of the food was really really good.

#545 3 years ago

It's getting strange here in California. Disney and other theme parks have wanted to open for months and the governor is just ignoring them, so they've started a media campaign to pressure the governor into letting them open, complete with TV ads and regular press conferences.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

If Boma is open, and running full, they run a buffett loaded with favorites plus an assortment of African, and Americanized African foods. No risk, as you can sample on your plate some amazing spices and tastes.
Wandering the lodge is a joy, and the windows and outdoor area open to view Giraffes, and other animals.
They run a large fire pit, when its cooler.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom-lodge/boma-flavors-of-africa/

If you are leaving the property, try the restaurants on Sand Lake Road, on the west side of I-4, its where the locals, executives,
and the rich and famous that live there often dine......many choices, and IMO, a big difference from I-Drive.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

Small world! I was at Hollywood Studios on Monday as well!
My wife and I just got back from a week-ish long trip. We went to all four parks the first four days, then we went to Universal/IOA for the following two days, and then back to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for the final two days.
I know people say wearing a mask at the parks is bad, but it is worth it for these short wait times. I know it isn't fun and takes away from the experience in a way, but we rode everything we wanted multiple times. Wait times were frequently less than the posted time, many were walk-ons. It was a park experience that we'll probably never get again and I'm glad we went. Disney and Universal are both doing very good jobs of keeping people spaced out, encourage hand sanitizing before and after rides, and enforcing the masks.

We have our rescheduled trip in 3 weeks. Hoping the capacity holds out til then, although all of our Park days are M-Thur.

Mask or no mask, we'll be happy to be there.

#548 3 years ago

It's really no big deal wearing masks in the parks, but definitely bring at least one backup when you go. It's really nice to put on a fresh one after a couple hours

#549 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

It's really no big deal wearing masks in the parks, but definitely bring at least one backup when you go. It's really nice to put on a fresh one after a couple hours

Agreed. Especially if you sweat a lot of you think you might be going on any water rides. My wife and I each had 3 masks each time we went to the park. We also brought our own travel-sized hand sanitizer that clipped onto our backpack. Although there are A LOT of hand sanitizer stations around the park, every once in awhile you would find one that was empty. In those cases, we were glad we had our own to use.

#550 3 years ago

Hi all. I’m a Disneyland AP holder and trying to understand how dl will treat me when it opens back up. Are they firm on original blackout days, etc? The only time we can go during our Covid pass extension is during thanksgiving. But we are blocked out a few of the days. Any insight from you wdw annual pass holders?

There are 2,627 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 53.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-fans-thread/page/11?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.