Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture-525.JPG
Capture-311.JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

this is the type of thing that makes new players think pinballs lame

#52 9 years ago

How does one contact Disney to push this issue? Seems they always push "quality" for their high-dollar experience.

#53 9 years ago

Thing is that the games may not be Disney "owned". I know at the Hard Rock and the Nickelodeon Hotel (is that even there anymore) you used tokens and I saw an operator emblem on the token machine at both. I remember there was a Nascar at the Nascar restaurant in Universal City Walk. hard Rockdidn't eveen have a pin when I went, talk about disappointing! They work the whole Rock vibe throughout the property I thought for sure there would be a KISS, or GnR...nope. Oh and think about it they don't want you dropping quarters in an arcade they want you droppin' Hundys in the parks!

#54 9 years ago

The poor quality of pins at WDW really amazes me. Regardless of who "owns" them, most of the pins represent Disney in a larger way. POTC and Tron are Disney pictures, Disney owns some of the rights to the imaging of the Avengers, Avatar is the theme of their billion $ project in Animal Kingdom, and they have a strong interest in Indiana Jones, especially since they bought Lucas Film... It's disappointing that Disney's focus in quality isn't represented in the machines at their parks and in their hotels. I'm sure they have enough leverage to tell their operator to get his act together.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

Thing is that the games may not be Disney "owned". I know at the Hard Rock and the Nickelodeon Hotel (is that even there anymore) you used tokens and I saw an operator emblem on the token machine at both. I remember there was a Nascar at the Nascar restaurant in Universal City Walk. hard Rockdidn't eveen have a pin when I went, talk about disappointing! They work the whole Rock vibe throughout the property I thought for sure there would be a KISS, or GnR...nope. Oh and think about it they don't want you dropping quarters in an arcade they want you droppin' Hundys in the parks!

Thats Universal not Disney.

#56 9 years ago

if you go to their "arcade" on the boardwalk, they have a bunch of pins.
Mostly Sterns.

1 month later
#57 9 years ago

Hey!
Is anybody knows if Contemporary resort's pins still there?
I read that Disney was closing every arcades they have this month.
I'm going to Disney The first week of march and maybe someone knows if they' re still some where in the hotel?

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Hey!
Is anybody knows if Contemporary resort's pins still there?
I read that Disney was closing every arcades they have this month.
I'm going to Disney The first week of march and maybe someone knows if they' re still some where in the hotel?

They're shutting down redemption games due to a law change, but not all the resort game rooms. The space mountain arcade is shutting down and the non redemption games are being distributed around to resorts. At least, that's what the plan was last I heard.

#59 9 years ago

I played all 4 at the Contemporary in January. Decent shape. Tron seemed to be the best kept of the bunch.

I also go out of my way to always play a game or two on the custom Indiana Jones Adventure whenever its out on display at Disneyland. Wasn't out for our August trip last year but was in January.

#60 9 years ago

I was there a few days ago and they are in terrible shape,

POTC wasn't working, Elvis had stupidly weak flippers, Couldn't even get the ball up the ramp with the right flipper, Avengers has a broken Hulk, His arm was actually broken off and in the top left corner of the playfield, Also has a broken DMD, and Tron has heavy wear on the PF and scoops, Whole game felt very sloppy

I did my little resort tour and played the others, Animal Kingdom Kidani still had IJ4, Most of the GI is out making the game very dark but this was the best condition game at Disney and thats not saying much, The Nascar/Dale Jr is gone, Animal Jambo House has a Tron that was broken and a POTC that was in poor shape but not as bad as contemporary, Beach Club has a non working POTC too,
After that I gave up, The quality of these pins has been slowly declining over the past few years but I'd say in their current state all games are unplayable/not worth playing
Shame to see them the way they are

#61 9 years ago

Wow ok....
I'm really sad to ear thiat. I played Comtemporary's games last year and everything you say was also true. Elvis was still dancing but this weak left flipper...!! Please just give me the goddam keys!

The best game I played was in the Universal Arcade. Just beside The Mummy's ride (a decent Shreck but with a dead higer playfield).
There is Another OK Shreck in the arcade near the SpiderMan ride in the other parc (don't remember its name).

I'll continue my search to find other games in 2 weeks!

#62 9 years ago

Played at Port Orleans and Contemporary in the last couple weeks and yes they all were brutal. Asked several times and talked to several people. It's as reported. An outside sources machines. There was a barcode on the machines to report problems. I even started shutting off machines that were just taking people's money. Hopefully when they show up in a few weeks and notice half the machines off they'll get it.

9 months later
#63 8 years ago

Was at the contemporary this past weekend. Pins still there but they added SW ep 1, which was broken.
Potc- working
Elvis- left flipper had no power
Tron- working
Avengers- working but very rough. Ball kept getting stuck on ramp. Hulk targets broken.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
€ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Camanche, IA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
5,600 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
12,028 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-contemporary-resort-pin-report/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.