(Topic ID: 330933)

Disney announces Toy Story 5

By seenev

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ts5 (resized).jpg
    BF8B00EF-0697-4056-BCDB-979BF9041216 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 11.11.34 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 11.08.36 AM (resized).png
    AmazingYoungBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif
    Driver's seat.gif
    gah7ifpx71k21 (resized).jpg
    AA565C04-7254-4E12-86D3-1484F7BD12CA.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I guess Disney forgot how Toy Story 4 ended... After forgetting how Toy Story 3 ended... Because now Toy Story 5 is officially coming to a theater near you. The announcement was made along with their quarterly earnings report, along with news of Frozen 3 and Zootopia 2.

Kindof sounds like the desperation to go back to the well with Toy Story when narratively it makes no sense. Disney+ is bleeding subscribers and their theatrical slate has been marred with some pretty big flops this year. They're cutting investment at their parks and laying off 7000 employees.

Toy Story 5... Why?

#30 1 year ago

I have to think that Bob Iger got back into the CEO chair and immediately ordered these sequels into production just so he could announce them at his first earnings report back as CEO. I think more than anything, the purpose of these sequels is to prop up the stock price enough in the short term to stave off activist investors and prevent outsiders from joining the board. That way, Iger et al can go about their business of ruining the company as usual.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Iger doing damage control, ask the 7000 Disney employees who were just fired how things are going.

I haven't heard Iger say he'll reduce his salary in solidarity. Iger is the biggest fake progressive in the industry.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider seenev.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-announces-toy-story-5?tu=seenev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.