(Topic ID: 330933)

Disney announces Toy Story 5

By seenev

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ts5 (resized).jpg
    BF8B00EF-0697-4056-BCDB-979BF9041216 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 11.11.34 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 11.08.36 AM (resized).png
    AmazingYoungBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif
    Driver's seat.gif
    gah7ifpx71k21 (resized).jpg
    AA565C04-7254-4E12-86D3-1484F7BD12CA.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

The Disney+ shows have ranged from pretty good to fantastic.
    Book of Boba was uneven, good in parts, okay in others. Obi Wan better, but not the strongest, still good. Mandalorian has been great, and Andor is fucking fantastic TV. Need to watch Season 2 of Bad Batch but 1 was fun and the final season of Clone Wars was really good too.
    Just keep the people in charge of the TV properties overseeing everything and I'll be happy.
    Gonna avoid the politics and third rail discussions. I have my thoughts and I'll keep them to myself here. But if you haven't watched Andor yet it's really good.

Basically 100% agree with this point. I liked Boba Fett quite a bit (except the American Graffiti scooter scene didn’t do anything for me), and Obi Wan was kind of a letdown - I think that bore the brunt of Covid changes. Anyway, Andor kicked ASS

Definitely enjoyed TS4 though. Totally worth seeing. Will it change your life? Of course not. Either will 1,2, or 3. The first one really isn’t on the same level as 2 or 3 either. But they’re all damn good. Pretty amazing what Pixar did there. So yeah I’ll check out 5. What’s the worst that can happen? That I was entertained for 2 hours?

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I have to think that Bob Iger got back into the CEO chair and immediately ordered these sequels into production just so he could announce them at his first earnings report back as CEO. I think more than anything, the purpose of these sequels is to prop up the stock price enough in the short term to stave off activist investors and prevent outsiders from joining the board. That way, Iger et al can go about their business of ruining the company as usual.

Iger appears to know WTF he is doing.

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from Aurich:I didn't see Strange World. But what was bizarre about Turning Red? Was a very normal Pixar movie, beautifully animated, original story, the usual from them.

Strange World is pretty good. If you’ve seen “Fantastic Planet” there are a TON of references, which I absolutely loved. It is a little tough to figure out what the target audience was - but that’s one of the things I really liked: it’s just a crazy weird movie that isn’t made based on marketing research and testing and “the algorithm”. Thank goodness Disney still does stuff like this

I thought Turning Red was great too! The Kaiju gags were perfect

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

I haven’t seen turning Red, but Strange World was an absolute propaganda picture.

LOL for alien planets?

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

The entire company is a propganda piece. Hopefully Peltz is successful where Steinberg failed in 1984. Sell off the company and hopefully whomever gets the parks, gets "it. Sell off all the other assets. The company died a long time ago.

Literally 2 hours ago Peltz gave up. They are bringing back the dividend. I feel really bad for the 7,000 folks who got laid off, but as a shareholder, I was psyched when Iger returned.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It didn't make much monies so they already shelved the sequel look a decade ago. Then the Tron Ride was being build as Disney so we always assumed a sequel would be made

Tron 2 made a really good profit, but it was stuck in right when the MCU was taking off and Disney had bought Star Wars… something had to give. I’m amazed the 2nd sequel is actually being made but there ARE a lot of fans, so it’s pretty easy money, even if it’s not a top 10 of all time blockbuster

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Set the final Toy Story in a dump and go all dark Mad Max with the toys falling apart, every kid in the audience bawling and I'll show up.
    Til then no thanks.

You guys know you’re not the target audience, right? Watch them bring out the bulldozer to collect on the box office earnings

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Fuck Toy Story, make Tron 3 ya bastards.

They are

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-announces-toy-story-5?tu=Rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.