View topic image gallery

It Would Be Wrong (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-134730~2 (resized).png
The Black Hole Hologram (resized).jpg
D2CCE14D-DC7E-491D-AC3A-0BCACAC2127A (resized).jpeg
83640AD4-CF40-459C-8CA3-43016A323C57 (resized).jpeg
43BCEF11-E5CC-49A5-BD6A-3561A708B55A (resized).jpeg
035a782a9fdaa9d8370aa23ef0dd9595--favorite-quotes-favorite-things (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If you're a Verizon customer (certain products only) you can apparently get Disney+ free for a year.
There was a deal this summer with a big discount if you joined some kind of free Disney fan club and paid $141 up front for 3 years (worked out to $3.92/mo). It's possible they might run that promotion again some day. There's a somewhat-worse promo still going now, 3 years for $170 ($4.72/mo). Deal was supposed to expire Nov. 11, but people are reporting that it's still live for the moment:
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/disney-plus-deal-is-back-how-to-get-it-for-less-than-dollar5-now
And then there are the standard packages through Disney+ itself:
- 1 year of Disney+ for $70 ($5.83/mo)
- Disney+, Hulu basic, and ESPN+ for $13/mo, good deal if you use all three services already
Of course if you can wait a bit (all that content will still be there in a month or two) they might offer a better deal on Black Friday. Any discount is almost guaranteed to require full payment for 1 or 3 years though, they're looking to lock customers in to impress their shareholders. So if you prefer month-to-month I'd just go with the $7/mo (or $13 if you want Hulu and ESPN+), that's not likely to be discounted.

Lesser known fact about the Hulu/ESPN bundle, existing Hulu customers, regardless of package, get the $6 bundle discount applied to their Disney+ charge. There is a lot of false info out there that you can only bundle with the base Hulu plan, but that is incorrect. You just need to be sure to sign up for the bundle through D+ using the same email address as your Hulu account.

That said, I wish I would have signed up for the 3 year deal a couple months ago since I will never use the ESPN service. I held off because at the time there was some more bad info floating around that D+ would be an add-on option for Hulu (like HBO, etc is), which would have been convenient. Unfortunately that is not the case, and doesn't appear that it ever will be. Oh well...still a great deal even at full price with the shear amount of content already there, and being created. Some of the upcoming Marvel shows look to be amazing.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thank you. They do have a sizable amount of their portfolio available, although the TV shows are a bit light.

What shows jump out at you as missing? I was blown away by everything available, but have to admit I am not all that familiar with their TV catalog. I'm just pretty thrilled that some of the cartoons I grew up on are there. Talespin, Duck Tales, etc.

#103 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I checked out Duck Tales and I think it's the new version, not the one we watched in the 90's.

Both the original and new series are there, along with the 1990 movie and the 2016 shorts.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I must have missed it. That's good news.
They have both Apple Dumpling Gang movies if you can believe it. Some classics are missing like How to Ride A Wild Pony and One of our Dinosaurs is Missing. Hoping they rotate some of those in over time.

It might not have been there when you looked. Things were a little wacky the first day for a bit, but it seems like they got things under control pretty quickly. I haven't had any glitches since that first few hours.

It is amazing how much is there. Fingers crossed they keep adding...I'm pretty sure they will.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney-?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.