View topic image gallery

It Would Be Wrong (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191115-134730~2 (resized).png
The Black Hole Hologram (resized).jpg
D2CCE14D-DC7E-491D-AC3A-0BCACAC2127A (resized).jpeg
83640AD4-CF40-459C-8CA3-43016A323C57 (resized).jpeg
43BCEF11-E5CC-49A5-BD6A-3561A708B55A (resized).jpeg
035a782a9fdaa9d8370aa23ef0dd9595--favorite-quotes-favorite-things (resized).jpg
There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

Has anyone else signed up for this yet?

I went through it a little bit today...I can't believe the amount of content. I ended up doing the bundle to get ESPN and hulu too.

I will be watching The Mandelorian tonight.

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I went through it a little bit today...I can't believe the amount of content. I ended up doing the bundle to get ESPN and hulu too.

Yup... I did. Unfortunately Disney had me on the ropes because of my interest in the Mandalorian. I'm not a Disney fan but I was hoping the Mandalorian would be worth it. It delivered... better than any Star Wars content that has been released so far. If this first episode is just a taste/intro of what is to come then I'm good with my purchase.

#3 4 years ago

I did as well.

#4 4 years ago

Verizon is offering 1 year subscription for wireless and 5G home subscribers. I jumped on that

#5 4 years ago

When they had that D23 promo this past Summer where it worked out to like $3.90/mo for the first 3 years, it was pretty hard not to sign up, so we did. Watched The Mandalorian last night because I suspected they'd have outages today when everyone tries to log on at once (and they have). Directing was a bit flat, but it looks like "classic" first trilogy Star Wars and has great characters so far. Strong start.

#6 4 years ago

Ive been on the fence about getting it. Do you guys find it worth it so far? Are there lots of movies old and new?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Ive been on the fence about getting it. Do you guys find it worth it so far? Are there lots of movies old and new?

https://bingeseason.com/heres-everything-coming-to-disney-this-month/

I'm not much of a movie person so I won't be subscribing.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

There's a lot of movies, but none of the "controversial" old Disney ones like Song of the South or the racist cartoons. Gotta scrub history.

The original trilogy Star Wars movies look like a new transfer that's very nice, but it's unfortunately the "Special Edition" cut with all the George Lucas screwing around (Greedo shoots first, etc). Too bad they didn't put up the actual original releases with a great transfer. Disney owns it all now, so I don't know why they can't offer "Star Wars Classic" versions with the transfer upgrade.

Mandalorian and a few movies here and there alone looks like it will be worth the $140 we paid for 3 years of Disney plus. They also have the first episode of the Jeff Goldblum travel show up, which looks quirky and fun, but I haven't watched that yet.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When they had that D23 promo this past Summer where it worked out to like $3.90/mo for the first 3 years, it was pretty hard not to sign up, so we did. Watched The Mandalorian last night because I suspected they'd have outages today when everyone tries to log on at once (and they have). Directing was a bit flat, but it looks like "classic" first trilogy Star Wars and has great characters so far. Strong start.

Singed way back with D23 offer. 3 years was pretty cheap in the scheme of themes.
Mandalorian not working a few times i clicked today. Didnt see a few films, Solo, new lion king. Dumbo and lady and tramp or up.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Singed way back with D23 offer. 3 years was pretty cheap in the scheme of themes.
Mandalorian not working a few times i clicked today. Didnt see a few films, Solo, new lion king. Dumbo and lady and tramp or up.

Pretty sure at least original Dumbo is there. Thought I saw it on the listing last night...

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure at least original Dumbo is there. Thought I saw it on the listing last night...

My goof. The new Dumbo and Lady and Tramp are there. Im not seeing New Lion King or Mary Poppins and Solo. I bet it will all pop in by end of month.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was roped in by the uber-cheap 3 year deal as well. There's at least a bit of content I'm interested in checking out, but I might not have gone for it if half my household weren't in elementary school. How else are they going to learn about Davy Crockett?

It'd be cool if they eventually expand into some of the darker territory the Marvel shows on Netflix were exploring (Punisher, Jessica Jones, etc.)

#13 4 years ago

Any of the 70s Mickey Mouse Club? My wife’s cousin was on that show.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a lot of movies, but none of the "controversial" old Disney ones like Song of the South or the racist cartoons. Gotta scrub history.

Think of Disney what you will, but they're not total idiots!

#15 4 years ago

I have paid for most of the content several times over so have no reason so give them more money. If the Mandelorian and Obi Wan turn out to be great I'll grab a month and binge them.

#16 4 years ago

First year was free with verizon unlimited plan so I'll try it out.

#17 4 years ago

I was reading yesterday, that anything with adult content (ie - Deadpool) won’t be on Disney+, but rather will still be found on Netflix.

I was hoping to find the Donald Duck World War 2 shorts. I didn’t see them on there. A while back, they were on DVD. Guess I’ll need to look for them in that format.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Quoted from Ricochet:

Yup... I did. Unfortunately Disney had me on the ropes because of my interest in the Mandalorian. I'm not a Disney fan but I was hoping the Mandalorian would be worth it. It delivered... better than any Star Wars content that has been released so far. If this first episode is just a taste/intro of what is to come then I'm good with my purchase.

Mandalorian is the reason I would want it too.

I already have hulu. Do I need to buy Disney + separately?

#19 4 years ago

I did the D23 way back when. Looking forward to binging a lot of old movies.

*bingeing?

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Mandalorian is the reason I would want it too.

Depends which Hulu you have.

The bundle I got comes with a lower subscription of Hulu. If you have the basic version, I think you can upgrade to the bundle and get ESPN+ with it. I’m really looking forward to watching NFL Primetime again.

#21 4 years ago

Walt sure had a way with words. Amazing how one mans dreams are what we see today. Proof that anything truly is possible.

035a782a9fdaa9d8370aa23ef0dd9595--favorite-quotes-favorite-things (resized).jpg035a782a9fdaa9d8370aa23ef0dd9595--favorite-quotes-favorite-things (resized).jpg
#22 4 years ago

Loving Disney+ as far as content goes. I worked from home today so I've had stuff streaming from it all day in the background.

I had some issues this morning getting signed in but it's been great this afternoon. I'm expecting some issues tonight as people get off work and really sit down to check it out.

The extras they've included with some of the movies are pretty neat.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Think of Disney what you will, but they're not total idiots!

They may not be idiots, but they're not exactly nice people either.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was hoping to find the Donald Duck World War 2 shorts. I didn’t see them on there. A while back, they were on DVD. Guess I’ll need to look for them in that format.

I wonder if the movie Victory through Air Power will be in there?
If you've never seen it,bits a must watch. I bought it on dvd.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The bundle I got comes with a lower subscription of Hulu. If you have the basic version, I think you can upgrade to the bundle and get ESPN+ with it. I’m really looking forward to watching NFL Primetime again.

i was under the impression that NFL/NBA live games were NOT included with ESPN+

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I bought the Disney+ Bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ and I already have the Basic Hulu plan. You have to use the same email address for Hulu and Disney Plus, and Hulu will continue to be billed regularly. You will see a $5.99 credit each month on your Disney+ Account for your Hulu subscription.

ESPN has the pass-through built in, so there is no separate process there if you don't already subscribe to ESPN+.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i was under the impression that NFL/NBA live games were NOT included with ESPN+

Correct. NFL Primetime is a studio show.

#28 4 years ago

I wonder if the movie Victory through Air Power will be in there?
If you've never seen it,bits a must watch. I bought it on dvd.

You can watch it anytime for free on archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/VictoryThroughAirPower

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was reading yesterday, that anything with adult content (ie - Deadpool) won’t be on Disney+, but rather will still be found on Netflix.

I guess it makes sense that Deadpool and Family Guy are out, given their target market. I don't care much about those two in particular (seen the Deadpools, not a Family Guy guy), but there go my hopes of seeing the Punisher series from Netflix restarted on Disney+. Found this in an article just now, sounds like you'll be watching Deadpool on Hulu now:

"There will be nothing on Disney+ that’s not branded or family friendly," Kevin Mayer, the chairman of Disney's direct to consumer division, said during a recent preview event at the Disney studios here. Instead, Disney is positioning Hulu as the adult streaming alternative to Disney+, and it will likely be the home, Mayer says, for R-rated content such as the "Deadpool" films, produced by Fox but starring Marvel characters.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was hoping to find the Donald Duck World War 2 shorts. I didn’t see them on there.

I would guess they'll be very careful throwing up anything from that era as they'll have to review it carefully to make sure there's no blatant racism. It's all interesting stuff from a historic perspective, but if they're trying to set Disney+ up as a service you can let your kids watch unattended, they'll have to do some curating.

#30 4 years ago

So far, I'm really enjoying it! My grandson and I have been binge watching Pixar stuff.

#31 4 years ago

I'm in,
Didn't get the D23 deal but do have the Verizon one. Heading home now to see if I can load it on the Firestick and Sony TV.

Yes I'm excited about the Mandelorian and the Obi Wan somewhat, but am really looking forward to the Marvel/Avengers shows:
- Falcon & the Winter Soldier
- WandaVision
- Loki
- Hawkeye
- What If?

Also Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk...

Plus I have two daughters, might try to take them through all the old Classic Disney cartoons starting with Snow White.

Take my money Disney!

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Take my money Disney!

Oh, they will!

#33 4 years ago

Disappointed there are only 25 or so cinema shorts out of the 500-ish they made. But that's Disney nowadays, at the parks, too. Moving out the things that made them famous to make more space for the things that sell now. They have the resources a thousand times over to take care of both. Hopefully more will be added in time.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Disappointed there are only 25 or so cinema shorts out of the 500-ish they made. But that's Disney nowadays, at the parks, too. Moving out the things that made them famous to make more space for the things that sell now. They have the resources a thousand times over to take care of both. Hopefully more will be added in time.

They are taking the “Vault” approach that they do with their Blu-ray’s and DVDs (and previously VHS). Controlled scarcity, to keep you subscribing beyond the first month or so. Pretty good idea between this and the new content. Netflix kind of does this too, because content expires, but in their case they don’t generally own the actual content which disappears.

#35 4 years ago

With two young children - how could I not sign up for it. Watching with my Daughther right now. She is enjoying the content. I'm kicking myself for already buying all of the movies! We will be keeping the service and Prime. Goodbye Netflix.

#36 4 years ago

Disney + is really going to change tv in many ways. I always liked skimming through channels when nothing was on and than catching a marvel movie or a Star Wars movie. But do I want to buy Disney? I don’t think I’ll turn it on to watch SW or a marvel movie that I have seen countless times. But, just for the new content, I might be dragged in as well or wait till the Madalorian has played all its episodes and then subscribe for a month. What to do.

#37 4 years ago

First Episode of Mandalorian is Epic!
Whole family loved it. Can't wait for episode 2 to drop.
I also think we shouldn't post spoilers in this thread.

#38 4 years ago

I plan on getting it before Christmas and have it starting in the holidays .... and yes - everyone please avoid giving spoilers

#39 4 years ago

Picked up the 3 year D23 deal. I also have the Hulu premium plan. I don’t remember seeing a bundle offer, but I signed up 2 months ago.

#40 4 years ago

They played with the Han and Greedo scene in Star Wars. It isn’t as jarring...Han should shoot first. That’s how the movie was made.

Disney owns everything Star Wars now. Please, just please release the original movies cleaned up for high definition.

#41 4 years ago

There's another episode this Friday, so two this week.

Holy crap George Lucas is still messing with the original trilogy, too. Checked it out on D+ and when the emperor is shocking Luke at the end of Empire now, rather than just picking up the Emperor and throwing him down the shaft, Vader says a REALLY LAME "No. Noooo" before picking the Emperor up and tossing him overboard, which is out of place and very reminiscent of the terrible scene where he gets off the frankenstein table in the prequels and goes "Noooooooooo..." Ugh.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Disney owns everything Star Wars now. Please, just please release the original movies cleaned up for high definition.

I keep hoping. Apparently Kathleen Kennedy has said stated that Disney “is not going to touch” George’s edits. Ah well, maybe if she moves on at some point the next head of LucasFilm will have a different view on things.

#43 4 years ago

A year free with Verizon wireless so yeah. Signed up tonight. Kids will be excited.

#44 4 years ago

my wife and kids have been watching Disney+ all day. It’s been a cold rainy day, she is excited to watch the old movies

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's another episode this Friday, so two this week.
Holy crap George Lucas is still messing with the original trilogy, too. Checked it out on D+ and when the emperor is shocking Luke at the end of Empire now, rather than just picking up the Emperor and throwing him down the shaft, Vader says a REALLY LAME "No. Noooo" before picking the Emperor up and tossing him overboard, which is out of place and very reminiscent of the terrible scene where he gets off the frankenstein table in the prequels and goes "Noooooooooo..." Ugh.

I noticed that lame “Noooooooooooo” when I got the 6 episode Blu Ray set a few years ago. Still So mad about that.

#46 4 years ago

Mandelorian was enjoyable. Lots of old Star Wars stuff mixed in

#47 4 years ago

Jimmity Crickets, did they just invent TV today ?

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Jimmity Crickets, did they just invent TV today ?

No, they are just milking the Lucas purchase for every dime they can - and fucking it up as much as possible.

#49 4 years ago

But they nailed the MCU!

#50 4 years ago

Just watched it and it’s so terrible it’s kinda good. It’s very much an 80’s tv show. I think to enjoy it you have to watch it with kids or get baked with your buddies.

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disney- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.