(Topic ID: 892)

Disgruntled pinballer maybe

By SealClubber

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

Wish I could afford to buy and repair pinball machines without a job.

vancouver.craigslist.ca link

#2 14 years ago

LOL .. most likely a seller who couldn't get near what he wanted for something and then sees the same machine(s) for sale or sold at a much higher price.

Caveat Emptor ... Caveat Venditor .. take your pick !

#3 14 years ago

I guess his job as an Olympic volunteer came to an end...

#5 14 years ago

Yeah you see that now and then and I guess its only human nature to get a little pissed,
    someone beats you down on C-list on a pin that took you 3 - 4 months to tune/ bring back
    etc etc. Then turns around a short time latter claiming he did all the work and now selling it for 4-5 times what you sold it to him for.
    Bottom line= dont give your pins away for stupid prices or at the very least know who you are selling them to

#6 14 years ago

"Bottom line= dont give your pins away for stupid prices or at the very least know who you are selling them to"

Boy, isn't this the truth! I just had an operator offer to buy my really nice White Water for $1200 because as he put it I only "might get lucky to get more for it." Sheesh! Needless to say I did not sell it to him.

#7 14 years ago

Yeah the best is the guy who will tell you in advance he has nothing to gain on his behalf (just the goodness of his heart) but just wanted you to know that the pin you have for sale is not really collectable and the price is way too high........
    Hmmm? thanks buddy for all your caring but go and *#%! your self while sitting on the royal thrown atop Mtn. Olympus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disgruntled-non-pinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.