(Topic ID: 175491)

Discussing pricing in For Sale threads... right or wrong?

By pinlink

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago

Although not enforced very well, the Arcade-Museum forms have a "no price-policing" policy which should be implemented here IMHO. If you don't like the price make an offer. If you have no intention of buying then STFU. The forum portion of the ad is for people the ask questions not for price policing.

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yes you are.
    Opinions on price (what you refer to as "price policing") are just as valid and important as anything else that we may have opinions on.
    Saying "if it is priced right the pin will sell otherwise it won't" isn't even relevant to the discussion. That's like saying "if people like a newly released pin's theme, how it plays, and the price, it will sell, otherwise it won't." I guess we shouldn't have any opinions or discussions about that stuff either.

Unfortunately, I think you completely missed the mark here. It's not that opinions are bad or people shouldn't have them. It's about the context of the thread and I think you and others are confusing any-old-thread with a for-sale-thread. It's bad form to shit in other peoples For Sale threads. Perhaps, I've seen too many for sale thread with people making fun of prices and, generally, being jerks for no good reason and, on top of that, for games they have no interest in. We all know the old adage about opinions and it holds true here.

You are welcome to have an opinion, but the seller isn't asking for an opinion; they are offering something for sale. If you have questions, then by all means ask. But, "thread crapping" doesn't really help anyone. Additionally, since Pinsides' admins love to police things, they really should try to cut that crap out, especially since they are trying to make money off of people selling things here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lamprey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/discussing-pricing-in-for-sale-threads?tu=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.