(Topic ID: 175491)

Discussing pricing in For Sale threads... right or wrong?

By pinlink

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 7 years ago

As somebody relatively new to pinball, I find the pricing opinions and debate informative and a valuable addition to this site. Just wish everybody would understand that there is no WRONG listing price. We all value things differently based on how special/important those things are to us and sometimes one's price to let something go may be above "market"... and that individual very well may understand that and be perfectly ok with it.

#49 7 years ago

Has anybody pointed out yet that one of the values of buying on pinside may be the community of informed and hopefully unbiased opinions that are submitted on a for sale ad? For those of us new to the hobby there is a lot to digest when buying a new pin....especially site unseen. i find that the scrutiny of the for sale ads (both positive and negative) help me make a more informed decision and, of course, take all of them with a grain of salt realizing that many are just opinions. when negative feedback is given on an ad, I find that if that feedback is unfair, there are twice as many pinsiders that counter the argument. And if it's not defended than perhaps the criticism is valid and helps a buyer make a decision that is in their best interest. And, as with all things, there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Don't be an a$$ to make yourself feel better about your superior knowledge of a hobby/machine.... as great as it is.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cserold.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/discussing-pricing-in-for-sale-threads?tu=cserold and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.