Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by Chosen_S
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dot-2 (resized).jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dc54 (resized).jpg
Image 1-14-19 at 9.57 PM (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

If anyone would be interested in a Discs of Tron minicab for your Tron pinball, go hit this thread and speak up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-mini-arcade-cabinet-we-are-now-taking-preorders-for-the-second-run

Don't know if pinballlooking will do it, but if a few of us want it and would buy it, maybe they will. See the last page (currently, anyway) for ideas on where to put it.

--Donnie

#2 2 years ago

I would buy one! Added my 2 cents to the other thread.

1 year later
#3 34 days ago

For anyone that might still care about this, I'm bringing this thread back from the dead.

I've successfully taken one of these:

https://tinycircuits.com/collections/all/products/tinyarcade

And made it play the Discs of Tron attract mode video on loop. Next up I plan to use my laser cutter to re-cut a cabinet for it in the proper DoT upright shape (no, I'm NOT doing an EDoT) as well as do a marquee (hopefully that lights up).

Once done, I'm going to put it in my Tron LE beside my http://www.usbjig.com/tronminicab.html on the Flynn's plastic (I have a Flynn's sign mod, so the plastic is redundant anyway). Will update here as I progress.

I do not plan to sell this mod, but if it comes out like I think, I might be coerced into selling a DIY cabinet kit that will work with the electronics from the tinycircuits kit. It won't be *quite* as attractive as the usbjig minicab as they have a much more detailed control panel and use thinner and more "to scale" plastic for the construction, but I honestly think it'll be close enough that even side by side it'll look pretty good. The video is the key anyway. I can do detailed instructions on how to make that part happen. Or I might be able to be coerced into reselling the Tinycircuits kit pre-programmed, we'll see.

--Donnie

#4 34 days ago

Can't wait to see it.

#5 34 days ago

Making some progress...you can see both the original TinyArcade cabinet side *and* the scaled DoT artwork in transparent mode here along with my drawing of my laser cuts. And the control panel.

The second image if of the hardware displaying the start of the attract mode video. That's a super close up view. Looks way better with the naked eye. Video is very fluid and you can clearly make out the dude jumping from disc to disc and such when it gets to that part.

I've cut one of the sides and test fit the control panel area and monitor. From here just need to do the new front and top panels and cut everything. I've also got a plan for making some semblance of a tiny blue pistol grip joystick, but we'll see. Then the side art should cover the holes in the sides. Oh, and my plan is to just glue the cabinet together rather than use the single screw through each side like the original does. I'll also get a pic of a coin door for the front.

--Donnie

Image 1-14-19 at 9.57 PM (resized).jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dc54 (resized).jpg
#6 34 days ago

Note that yes, I am going a tad taller than the TinyArcade, too. And even so, it'll be about a quarter inch shorter than the usbjig cabinet, but I'll just mount it a tad higher and you won't notice from the angle in the Tron LE that you look down at. I'm also not planning a back door since it's actually pretty hard to get where you could see in the back on the pinball, too.

These appear to be JST-SH connectors for the battery, so I've ordered some of those and plan to use that for power (and no battery) in the pin. Looks like it will just start up and do the right thing when power is applied if the power switch is on. So I'll make an adapter cable to go from that to the Stern aux power connection.

--Donnie

#7 31 days ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Note that yes, I am going a tad taller than the TinyArcade, too. And even so, it'll be about a quarter inch shorter than the usbjig cabinet, but I'll just mount it a tad higher and you won't notice from the angle in the Tron LE that you look down at. I'm also not planning a back door since it's actually pretty hard to get where you could see in the back on the pinball, too.
These appear to be JST-SH connectors for the battery, so I've ordered some of those and plan to use that for power (and no battery) in the pin. Looks like it will just start up and do the right thing when power is applied if the power switch is on. So I'll make an adapter cable to go from that to the Stern aux power connection.
--Donnie

Watching! Love the progression

#8 25 days ago

Woohoo! This is awesome!

2 weeks later
#9 8 days ago

Finally took a little time to do some more work on this. Got a couple more of the pieces done. Doesn't look like I've added much, but to get this far took doing a test cut of the pieces and then some tweaks to get them right. I just need to do the ears on the cabinet top and then do a coin door piece and a bottom and it should be done.

--Donnie

dot-2 (resized).jpg
#10 8 days ago

Like what I’m seeing so far, following now!

#11 8 days ago
Quoted from djb_rh:

Finally took a little time to do some more work on this. Got a couple more of the pieces done. Doesn't look like I've added much, but to get this far took doing a test cut of the pieces and then some tweaks to get them right. I just need to do the ears on the cabinet top and then do a coin door piece and a bottom and it should be done.
--Donnie
[quoted image]

Amazing work! I can’t wait to see the final!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bound Brook, NJ
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 305.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside