Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160223_091552_(resized).jpg
20160223_091544_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

Below are pics of the two ramps on Elvis, the left ramp looks clean but the right ramp has some discoloration near the ramp entrance. It looks like possibly some rust, but the ramp and the ramp flap are still completely smooth. I've had a couple of other games that had rust in the same place and those were not smooth at all. Any ideas on what this may be and if there's any way to remove it? Thanks.

20160223_091544_(resized).jpg20160223_091544_(resized).jpg

20160223_091552_(resized).jpg20160223_091552_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

Anyone have any ideas?

#4 8 years ago

I know some owners sent their ramps to Mike Chestnut to be replated. I've sent Mike siderails and other parts for this problem. Results are excellent!

#5 8 years ago

Ok that's good to know that's an option. Any idea what this might be? Rust? It doesn't feel like rust, the ramps are smooth.

Any recommendations if it is rust?

1 year later
#6 6 years ago

Couldn't you apply some blue spray like to use to clean guns?

#7 6 years ago

Looks like rust. You could try a rust remover but anything you do, either chemical or mechanical, will risk damaging the plating (if the rust hasn't already eaten through it).

#8 6 years ago

I took these to a plater and had them brassed. Ultimately, nothing got the discoloration off till the brass process was done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/discoloration-on-elvis-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.