2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I have a Disco Fever exhibiting some weird behavior. It boots and plays fine, but occasionally when it boots up the 1st player display shows 2 zeros and the ball in play display continuously counts up from 1 through 40 or so. Almost like it is in self test? If I turn it off and on, it will usually boot up and play fine except when the high score to date lights up, the 1st player will go blank and display nothing at all. The game will still play normally though. If I turn it off and on a few times, it will eventually go back to normal and display the correct pre-set high score to date. It never actually loses its memory permanently.
I replaced the 5101 and it seemed to fix it for a few days, but the problem is back again. I checked battery voltages with power on and off and they seem correct so I don't think the diode is shorted. Any other ideas?

I think you are describing the MPU thinks the coin door diagnostic step switch is stuck closed.

First off, just check the coin door diag switch itself. You can also try unplugging the coin door switch from the MPU (4pin plug, upper left). If the audits still scroll quickly with that plug off, then the issue would be on the MPU. If unplugging that connector immediately stops the audit scrolling (counting) then focus on the wiring to the coin door buttons. Not leaning on the grounded coin door, button stock down, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

1,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disco-fever-mpu-problem?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.