(Topic ID: 75178)

Disco Fever intermittent behavior

By smwurster

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I just got my parent's old Disco Fever pin from 1978. Worked great when I was a kid, but it's been ignored for quite a while now. It's behavior upon turning it on is intermittent. Note that I have replaced all fuses on the backboard.

Sometimes it enters Game Over mode correctly and will actually accept credits. None of the solenoids fire when you try to play it, and manually hitting any of the targets may or may not record a score. Sometimes in this mode you can actually add another player when hitting one of the rollovers at the top of the playfield. And sometimes the tilt will just go off for no obvious reason. When the system behaves like this the CPU diagnostic indicates that everything is correct. I can sometimes get the manual diagnostics to run in this mode (e.g. lamp test, etc.), but not always.

In other cases you will get no useful behavior upon turning the system on. In this case, both LEDs are lit on the CPU board and pressing the diagnostic does nothing. This makes me think the CPU board is flaky.

I have looked at this page (http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_3_-_7), but haven't yet gone through any of the diagnostic steps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 weeks later
#2 10 years ago

Did you get any help yet?

When you turn on the game and it doesn't go into attract mode, what do the displays say?

Sometimes you can trick the game into attract mode by flipping the on/off switch quickly while the coin door is open.

Jason

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disco-fever-intermittent-behavior and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.