(Topic ID: 256595)

Disc Capacitors for Filpper Button Leaf Switches (Williams Comet)

By ckirkman

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ckirkman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckirkman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello,

I recently got a Comet Pinball that "resets" when the right flipper button is pressed. Also, the pinball may Tilt instead of resetting. I noticed on the right flipper button leaf switch that the disc capacitor was burnt and it crumbled and fell apart when it touched it. Additionally, the capacitor was cut off the left flipper button leaf switch and is laying on the bottom of the cabinet. I have new disc capacitors I want to install to see if this will correct the problem. My question is: Is there a + and - side of the capacitor and does it matter which leg of the capacitor is soldered to the leaf switch? Thank you for your help!

#4 4 years ago

I thank the two of you above for your fast replies. I did find that a diode was not installed correctly on the right flipper, cut it off and installed a new diode. Then I cut the shorted diode off the right flipper. I only had a chance to play 3 games, but no reset. I will post again tomorrow after I get time to play it more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckirkman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disc-capacitors-for-filpper-button-leaf-switches-williams-comet?tu=ckirkman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.