(Topic ID: 55485)

Disaster strikes my game room!!! Has this ever happened to you?????

By Honch

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Honch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sexy_maid.jpg
100_0976.JPG
100_0978.JPG
100_0975.JPG

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

This discussion got me thinking; still learning the hobby. Is all pf glass tempered basically or did some titles have plate glass? My HS makes me VERY nervous removing the glass and I'd feel a lot better knowing it's tempered. Seems to have the greenish tint around the glass edges so I believe it is tempered......

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

Meh. There's a difference between having balls and having someone put their wrist through an oversized piece of plate glass that is supposed to be tempered.

It's a piece of cake, Just take it out very slowly with strong gloves

#53 6 years ago

That won't help when someone trips and slams their hand on the glass to avoid falling down.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadTower:

That won't help when someone trips and slams their hand on the glass to avoid falling down.

Oh Lord.....

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from parkway:

Is all pf glass tempered basically or did some titles have plate glass?

From the factory since about the end of EM's all machines have tempered. Now if some OP was trying to save a few bucks/glass then they may have swapped it. Unlike cars, no one puts an etch on pin glass to say what it is.

Assume tempered on solid state pins and always treat it like a baby.

Always hold it with two hands, always put it down on your foot THEN slowly to the ground from there. This makes you decelerate on something soft in case your misjudging the distance to 0.

#56 6 years ago

Remove playfield, hang it up on a sturdy wire and use a compressor & blo-gun set up and blow out all remaining pieces of glass. Use a shop vac first to get any obvious large pieces out. Def wear eye protection and ideally, do this outdoors if possible. It's not that bad at all and very effective.

Doc

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Bummer Honch, Do you need cleaning assistance?

I just broke mine on purpose. SEND HER OVER !

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

From the factory since about the end of EM's all machines have tempered. Now if some OP was trying to save a few bucks/glass then they may have swapped it. Unlike cars, no one puts an etch on pin glass to say what it is.
Assume tempered on solid state pins and always treat it like a baby.
Always hold it with two hands, always put it down on your foot THEN slowly to the ground from there. This makes you decelerate on something soft in case your misjudging the distance to 0.

Thanks! I'm always very careful. Had a glass bezel from a Chase HQ explode on me due to carelessness. No fun.

#59 6 years ago

I had two break on two different Game Plan Sharpshooters

#60 6 years ago

I never new the BB glass on WPC95s was that sensitive... I also was not aware of temp change sudden explosions.

I'm also wondering if Centerflank is the previous brokedad given all the chick posts?

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I never new the BB glass on WPC95s was that sensitive... I also was not aware of temp change sudden explosions.

Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like it happens a lot more than most people would think it does. Needless to say, I'll be extra careful next time.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blackwood, NJ
€ 3.70
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
Boards
PCB Emporium
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 75.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vidor, TX
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside