2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 9.24.54 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.16.41 PM.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I’m disassembling the pitcher unit on my 1955 Williams King Of Swat to clean it, do some rust removal, and apply lubrication. This is my first time with a pitch and bat, and I’m not sure I’m going about this the right way. I want to remove the rusty cam that the ball striker lever attaches to. It looks like a brass male shaft from the large motor gear goes into the female end of the shaft that connects to the rusty cam. Should I be able to pry the shaft with the rusty cam off the brass shaft of the motor gear? The photo shows where I believe I should be able to separate the shafts. I’d appreciate hearing from anyone who knows how to remove the rusty cam. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.16.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.16.41 PM.png
2 weeks later
#2 2 years ago

Well, I'm learning as I go. The "rusty cam" is connected to the components to its left by the tensioning spring only. You can see the spring connection point in the previous post near the rusty post closest to the camera. With the spring disconnected, the cam with the ball striker lever spins freely on the shaft. That's the part I missed - I didn't understand how the pitcher unit worked until I took it apart. The spring is wrapped around the shaft of what I call the "spring winder," to the left of the rusty cam. A roll pin secures the winder unit to the pitcher unit shaft. I tapped the pin out with almost no resistance using a 5/64" roll pin punch.

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 9.24.54 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-17 at 9.24.54 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlackCatBone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disassembling-the-pitcher-unit-on-a-1955-williams-king-of-swat?tu=BlackCatBone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.