(Topic ID: 273825)

Disassembling Stern Machine (spike) to move down stairs alone.

By StoneyCreek

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by bigguybbr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Has anyone ever taken apart a newer Stern machine to move it? I need to move a machine down a couple of flights of stairs and probably will have very little help. I think if I take the head off, the playfield out, legs off, then I can move the cabinet alone with a basic dolly. A bit worried about reassembly. A pointer to a video for playfield removal for a Spike system machine would be great!

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

What do you mean by very little help? If you have a helper all you need is to remove the legs and fold the head down to move it.

With the machine at over 250 pounds, my helper won't be much help!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

There is a YouTube video on how to install art blades for a Jurassic park stern that shows how to remove the playfield

Thanks, I'll check it out! cheers.

3 years later
    #11 4 months ago

I actually never disassembled. turns out i got a couple of young men to to help me move it downstairs with a dolley. Wasn't that bad really.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider StoneyCreek.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disassembling-stern-machine-spike-to-move-down-stairs-alone?tu=StoneyCreek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.