(Topic ID: 6193)

Disappointment at PPE 11

By The_Dude_Abides

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 12 years ago

Hey, Dude! What game(s) did you bring?
    Only slightly kidding ya. In reality if people wanna see modern games at ANY show WE are the ones who have to bring them! There is no central repository of DMD games that the PPE staff can just pull from. They do have such a repository of EM's though because they are a museum, the PPM.

I brought my Dredd. I usually try to bring two games but only had room for one but hey, I brought one!

#31 12 years ago

Whoa. I got your vibe, dude. Now, before I bail the hell out of here let me address a couple things;

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You know as well as I do that many times they turn away newer pins once they reach a certain number.

Yeah, so? I posted here and called down there to see if they had room for any games and what they preffered to see. Nimblepin here wanted to see my Dredd. Helm said they had room so I brought it. Check in, ask, easy as that. Did the same last year. Called ahead, no more pins allowed so I didn't bring one. It ain't rocket science.

I paid for a weekend pass (3 years in a row) and bought multiple raffle tickets which is a contribution to the event.

Thanks. What the heck does that have to do with complaining there are no games but not bringing one yourself?

And in my opinion does grant me a right to express my opinions on the event.

Absolutely. And I have an equal right to question your opinions and motivations.

But at the same time I see no reason not to let others in on what the event is like. It may help prevent someone was making a long trip to make it and then find out it is not what they expected.

Wow. How magnanimous of you! Here's the bottom line - and this is not an opinion, it's just the way it is - the PPE, CAX and PAGG shows are ALL made up from machines brought by individuals. We are happy to share our games. We set them on free play and after sometimes months of work restoring them we turn them loose for the attendees to play play play, play their little hearts out. It brings us JOY to see them being enjoyed by others. Now, I am so so sorry I didn't bring the game(s) *YOU* wanted to play. I'm sorry Brad didn't bring the game(s) YOU wanted to play. I'm sorry Chris didn't bring the game(s) YOU wanted to play. I'll apologize on Steve's behalf as I'm sure he's kicking himself in the ass for not bringing the one game YOU wanted to play out of all the ones he did bring.

Just throwing it out there you can throw it right back if you prefer

Thank you, Pinball MASTER, for your permission...

#38 12 years ago

I respect your opinion and hold no anger within regardless of what was said. My opinion remains the same, sorry it seemed to ignite your anger/spitefulness the way it did.

No spite or anger, Dude. Just sayin', it's all of *US* who makes the shows wat they are.

Maybe someone is having a bad day and that's okay.

Not really a bad day but admittedly I got a little defensive. I apologize for the over-reaction. It's immediately apparent we both have a true passion for the hobby. In all honesty I don't think we have a disagreement at all. Just different (but not opposing) viewpoints. I also apologize for making you feel attacked. Not my intention at all. I do see where I was getting increasingly sarcastic when I should have just stepped back. Sorry, man. Olive branch extended........

#40 12 years ago

Gotta be careful at OG, Nimble, or you'll end up looking like me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappointment-at-ppe-11?tu=cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.