Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by roar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 7.35.26 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Compy:

Good morning!
    I handle all of the technical operations for Titan's storefront, kits database and shipping integrations. Generally my ears perk up at any issues because we definitely want to quote accurately. Titan reached out this morning for us to take a look because they definitely want things to be right. I ran a test order/quote through the system, ordered a similar amount, quoted to T5A 0A4 and got the following:
    [quoted image]
    The rates we get back are automatically quoted by the USPS given the product dimensions and weight versus their standard priority box sizes. We have noticed a slight rise in USPS rates and issues shipping internationally, so we negotiated hard for good rates with DHL and rolled that out to our international customers. Was this presented as an option for you at checkout?
    I'm happy to dive into this a bit more if you want to shoot me a PM just to make sure we don't have something gnarly going on.
    Thanks, and all the best up in Canada!
    -- Jimmy

Keep giving us the option though... In my experience DHL is a 100% guarantee I'll pay duty, taxes and a handling fee, USPS is my best chance at paying none of those things... and if I do get dinged, the handling fee Canada Post charges vs DHL is considerably less. I also have found Canada Post is a little more forgiving when it comes to classifying goods for Duty charges... I just bought 2 display cases from Sideshow Toys that shipped vis DHL, total value of $200CDN, I paid $40USD shipping and an additional $55 USD in duty taxes and handling charges, I had no other option but DHL and would have paid more to have USPS ship as I'm confident I would not have gotten whacked that bad.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, USPS seems to slide under the radar most of the time for avoiding "customs fees"

So awesome to see you posting again Vid! This place isn't the same without you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappointed-with-titan-?tu=roar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.