(Topic ID: 268778)

Disappointed in new Pinballs - who had good ones?

By ezatnova

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

744B1522-58E7-4E0B-8B6D-9FF43604A487 (resized).jpeg
    ECDF2265-47EF-4E8B-9452-5F0A9432C33C (resized).jpeg
    9797F1C9-1F7E-492F-9E34-7417677E3972 (resized).jpeg
    22BA0439-7818-4B64-928D-979B0F67DD18 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 months ago

I decided to continue this thread instead of starting a new one.

I’m pretty sure I’ve always used BC Precision, and I can vouch for their past quality. But I just got an order of 100 chrome steel balls from them that absolutely suck. I sent them a polite email asking if they might have sent the wrong thing, no response. Here’s a comparison of their Chrome Steel balls (on the left) with Ball Baron ninjas (on the right). I tried polishing them with Flitz and corncob media, and they’re a little better, but still not as shiny as the balls I’m taking OUT of my games after a year of play.

The ninjas look fantastic, this close-up doesn’t do them justice.

BTW, I don’t care what a pinball looks like. I DO care about what it’s doing to my playfield. You can rub 2 pinballs together and listen to the sound they make to get a sense of this. Ninjas are pretty quiet, and BC Precision are like “SCRITCH SCRITCH”.

9797F1C9-1F7E-492F-9E34-7417677E3972 (resized).jpeg

#38 5 months ago
    Quoted from Skidave:

I ordered a dozen balls from Ball Baron and they are great. My 10 year old noticed an improvement in the first machine he played with a new ball. He said 'this game plays faster'. Not that faster is the intention, I just think the other balls had so many imperfections that is was slowing the speed down.

I just ordered 76 of the Ninjas, to get the price break (I can use 51 of them right away). I’ll be a customer for life if they’re as good as the sample he sent me - and no reason they shouldn’t be.

#42 5 months ago

I’ve never had much luck with carbon core balls, they’re usually hazy no matter who I get them from.

#43 5 months ago

Just to follow up on this, BC Precision did get back to me with a very nice response - I should have waited longer for them to reply. The email said:

“Hi John,

They are chromium but the high luster finish balls are hard to get right now. They are a good grade but that does not always make the ball have a "luster". To answer your question, yes you can certainly send them back for a refund if you like. I e-mailed you a return label.”

Nice to know that they accept returns. And TBH I’m not sure if I would have even noticed a difference if I hadn’t gotten the Ninja samples. Ninjas are like PDI glass that way.

Quoted from swampfire:

I decided to continue this thread instead of starting a new one.
    I’m pretty sure I’ve always used BC Precision, and I can vouch for their past quality. But I just got an order of 100 chrome steel balls from them that absolutely suck. I sent them a polite email asking if they might have sent the wrong thing, no response. Here’s a comparison of their Chrome Steel balls (on the left) with Ball Baron ninjas (on the right). I tried polishing them with Flitz and corncob media, and they’re a little better, but still not as shiny as the balls I’m taking OUT of my games after a year of play.
    The ninjas look fantastic, this close-up doesn’t do them justice.
    BTW, I don’t care what a pinball looks like. I DO care about what it’s doing to my playfield. You can rub 2 pinballs together and listen to the sound they make to get a sense of this. Ninjas are pretty quiet, and BC Precision are like “SCRITCH SCRITCH”.

#44 5 months ago

And just to add even more info... the BC precision balls are G25, while the Ball Baron balls are G10 (lower is better). So I think BC Precision is still a good source, but I’ll make sure I’m ordering G10 next time.

#46 5 months ago
    Quoted from altan:

Here's info on grades.
    https://www.precisionballs.com/ballgradechart.pdf
    Just found it via google but thought I'd share

This calls for R&M “true level”:

#51 5 months ago

I’m a Ninja convert now. The 2.5” chrome steel ball is awesome for $19, by the way. My power is out, so I’m sitting here sipping beer in the dark and fondling my new orb.

744B1522-58E7-4E0B-8B6D-9FF43604A487 (resized).jpegECDF2265-47EF-4E8B-9452-5F0A9432C33C (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside