Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pugsley
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FC8B514-A395-4630-8BC8-DDF8E35035F3 (resized).jpeg
    41461008-27A2-4E17-BAFC-33BE2627A28C (resized).jpeg
    8A416F88-8EF9-4698-B3B2-5E5F712DD5CA (resized).jpeg
    A4C9FD31-56DE-4C23-BFE6-7A4160E2367C (resized).jpeg
    5732D8F3-DCE8-4C51-8595-6356B8202523 (resized).jpeg
    62C43C93-9379-4C70-8835-7027A1E40AA1 (resized).jpeg
    041B15B3-5E35-43A1-9B0F-7CD45CBEB8AA (resized).jpeg
    2271F624-DF95-4561-B36E-744C71AD3CC0 (resized).jpeg
    2AD74C79-4CA8-48DE-8622-1BB7F0908956 (resized).jpeg
    11BD95A8-25BC-4E1D-AC05-72AA9326BCBB (resized).png
    cactus (resized).jpg
    20211029_200416 (resized).jpg
    phone3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gameseum:

I've never been, but I'm surprised how much I heard about it this year.
    I could've sworn there was a big movement to make "the expo of all expos" Texas Pinball Festival starting a few years ago now and that most people switched a few years ago. Seems like Expo was a smash hit this year though after all. Just my views from afar
    I guess the "turn TPF into Expo" hype train has slowed

No comparison TPF is the best!
    Better hotel prices and happy hour
    fro 7-9 Complementary breakfast with omelette bar.Oh and Fast Pitch lingerie Friday Texas rocks!Oh and a crap ton of pins on free play

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:Phoebe and Larry Smith of Cincy pinball. Woot!!

They always bring the good stuff!
    They made the Louisville Expo good

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I found it fun that the concession stand charged $6 for a bottle of gatorade that the hotel sundry shop charged $3.25 for.. apply that across the board.

We went to two Chicago Expo’s and three TPF’s It seemed like Chicago everything was overpriced and over taxed!Texas is a better bang for your buck for sure.Have you seen the free play area at TPF?

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah but you have to go to Texas

I love going to Frisco Texas!

#183 2 years ago

We’ve always found the folks in Frisco a lot more polite and accommodating.I’m not cracking on Expo, but damn that free play area sucked!

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No doubt, it could use some work. I guess I'll just say at this point I've been to plenty of shows and I don't really care about the free play area so much as long as I find a couple cool games to play. There was a nice Quicksilver there so that pretty much was enough for me.
    I just think the lynching and one-star UBER reviews on this were a BIT much...we are talking the first big shows since the pandemic, there's gonna be some growing pains. I guess I was just happy it was happening and it wasn't too hard for me to have a good time.
    The "non" free play area was pretty much like every other show I had ever been to, play whatever you want as long as you are willing to wait on line for a game or two.
    And Stern even brought a nice plush carpet for your tired feet!
    I gotta wonder if it would behoove Stern to do their OWN event, rather than propping up a legacy show that seems to be running out of gas. Expo seems like it's at a crossroads for sure.

Continue the Expo just make it better.Give folks more incentive to bring games.Longer play hours for free play area Beer sales on floor would be nice.Better food trucks outside of venue at key times.

#203 2 years ago
    Quoted from schwism:

The check in procedure Wednesday was poor. It would have been nice if on check in you received a sticker for your game and a stub to show ownership. On Sunday morning no one was checking who was loading what.
    Also, about 2 days in I finally got a sticker so I could go in and work on my machine before the floor opened.

Did you get your Property of Rob Berk sticker?

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should check out VFW. That place is by far the best playing collection I’ve ever seen.

What and where is this VFW you speak of?

#212 2 years ago

Thanks Llyod I’ve never heard of this before.But I know where to go if I’m in Minneapolis!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappointed-chicago-expo?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.