Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 253 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Pugsley
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5FC8B514-A395-4630-8BC8-DDF8E35035F3 (resized).jpeg
    41461008-27A2-4E17-BAFC-33BE2627A28C (resized).jpeg
    8A416F88-8EF9-4698-B3B2-5E5F712DD5CA (resized).jpeg
    A4C9FD31-56DE-4C23-BFE6-7A4160E2367C (resized).jpeg
    5732D8F3-DCE8-4C51-8595-6356B8202523 (resized).jpeg
    62C43C93-9379-4C70-8835-7027A1E40AA1 (resized).jpeg
    041B15B3-5E35-43A1-9B0F-7CD45CBEB8AA (resized).jpeg
    2271F624-DF95-4561-B36E-744C71AD3CC0 (resized).jpeg
    2AD74C79-4CA8-48DE-8622-1BB7F0908956 (resized).jpeg
    11BD95A8-25BC-4E1D-AC05-72AA9326BCBB (resized).png
    cactus (resized).jpg
    20211029_200416 (resized).jpg
    phone3 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#244 2 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I went for the first time in years and I had a blast, but I wasn't worried about playing games, I wanted to see people and reconnect with people after a year plus of everything fun being shut down. I didn't even play in the tournament this time because I didn't want to be tied down so I could go where I wanted, when I wanted to.
    Yes, the free play area was pretty sad and the hours of it were worse. Didn't open till 6pm on Thursday and 4pm on Friday? That was a miss. We went to Galloping Ghost instead and had a great time before things opened up. Yes, many vendors were not there, but a lot of that has to do with timing. Everyone is ramping up shows again. There was a show the week before Expo, then Expo, then MGC, then another show. Vendors can't do them all and even if they could and sold tons of stuff, they can't get the parts to produce it. To get on the new games, lines were mainly 2-3 people deep, but it wasn't like they were around the block, but you definitely had to wait. Legends of Valhallas were there, Hot Wheels, Cactus Canyon, GNRs, Wonkas and a lots of Sterns with the Insider Connected kits, but since they were in the vendor area, those all closed at 11pm. There were no Halloweens (for public play) or Ultramans or any Spooky Games at all, seems like a huge miss there by them. I liked the seminars overall and got something interesting out of all of them I attended. I thought the American Pinball one was well done and the home brew contest announcement at the end was a nice touch. The Cactus Canyon reveal was a mess. Started 20 minutes late, had more tech issues that resulted in the video being cut off and then only 5 minutes of talking from a single person and that was it. Pretty big fail there, but apparently there were still lingering potential license issues. The game looks great and the price was cheaper than most expected so that was a bonus. Walter Day's trading card ceremony was nice. Hearing stories from people about why they liked specific games and getting to be part of that was really special. The JJP seminar was sadly anti-climatic, but at least they had the whole team in there to tell stories and take questions.
    We were there from Wed. to Friday and I wish we could have stayed to Saturday like was planned, but my friend had a family emergency and we had to leave early, still no regrets at all from me. I don't know, maybe I had low expectations since I was just happy to be back doing things like this again. Overall, I can see if you went to play games or buy parts primarily how you could have been disappointed. I went in not caring about that and just wanted to see people and talk to people again and I really was not disappointed in the least. I met tons of people new and got the opportunity to do and see lots of things that I didn't expect and will definitely never forget.

It was Great seeing you.. Don't forget we had the Halloween in the suite for play.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gexchange.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappointed-chicago-expo?tu=Gexchange and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.