Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by yzfguy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Put a new set of balls in WOZ a couple of days ago that I had laying around from one of my other pins and it did not take long for them to start disappearing. They would be stuck together down in the ball trough and did not want to roll out of there. I had already ordered a new carbon set for WOZ but figured these would make it through the holiday before becoming magnetized. Wrong! Only took a few games before they started sticking to each other and the ball trough. So if you've changed balls and then lost them, check in the trough. It happened super quick.

#3 8 years ago

Just the wrong balls for the machine I'm sure. The standard steel balls get magnetized pretty quickly VS the carbon type that came in the game originally. The set I threw in there were for my Who Dunnit and it doesn't have any magnets on the playfield. Put the old ones back in till the new ones get here and all is back to normal.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Didn't know there were carbon based balls to put in machines. My WoZ needs a new set. Where did you get yours from?

Trying these. Not sure they are the best but I'll give them a go. http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

I'd recommend these, worked great on my Metallica and never got magnetized. Also they really shine http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1325

Thanks. I'm going to order a set of these too. You can't ever have to much balls

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

What about passing them through a degaussing loop. Like the kind they put around CRT tubes. Build a small one into the outhole so it passes through the loop every game.

This is a really good idea. Maybe even in the ball trough. Hmmm, would a tiny degausser work? Definitely like your thinking here.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So I want royalties

Damn..., their goes the profits.

#16 8 years ago

VHS bulk tape eraser sounds like a really good possibility. But you do bring up a good question on will it demagnetize or just realign the magnetic field. Degausser would definitely demagnetize but not sure on the tape erase head. Get down here to Arizona quick and will work it out over a few beers. Looks like you have the right hat on for the visit

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Go to sleep, it's Christmas eve!!

Oh...okay. But back to this in the morning. Merry Christmas !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fxr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/disappearing-magnetized-balls?tu=fxr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.