Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Carl_694
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I have a real nice low play Dirty Harry. Went to turn it on and I get nothing except for some random dots on the display. No backbox lights, G.I., or sound...... Checked all the fuses in the backbox and they are good.
Please Help.....thanks

#2 9 years ago

Check your main line fuse on the metal box to the right of the coindoor. If it's blown, you need to replace the varistor inside before you can replace the fuse. This kills all the power to the game, though, so not sure about the few dots on the dmd.

#3 9 years ago

Checked fuses, does that mean pulled them and checked with a meter.

Then check voltage test points on the power driver board.

If you know what voltage is missing can help fix things.

LTG : )™

#5 9 years ago

I had the same problem not too long ago and it was connection J101 J102 on the WPC Driver Board. Disconnect and reseat. And reseat J114.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Checked fuses, does that mean pulled them and checked with a meter.
Then check voltage test points on the power driver board.
If you know what voltage is missing can help fix things.
LTG : )™

I have no power on TP2 (5v)......
Please help

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

I have no power on TP2 (5v)......
Please help

Get out the manual or download one. Follow from the transformer to J101/J102 to bridge BR2. Bad connection or trace or cracked solder pad. Test BR2 to see if one side is open.

#8 9 years ago

I checked all connections..... Not smart enough to understand what else to check.
Do you think if I just bought a new rottendog driver board would it fix my game??

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

I checked all connections..... Not smart enough to understand what else to check.
Do you think if I just bought a new rottendog driver board would it fix my game??

You would waste a shit load of cash. You are better off finding someone in your area that does board repair.

First thing I would do is check if the BR2 is good. You can test this yourself with a digital multimeter using pinwiki's instruction. http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#The_.22Replace_BR2_and_C5_Mantra.22 and go to 4.12.15 Failed Bridge Rectifier

Are some of the connections burnt?

I`m exactly in the same boat as you. But my problem seems to be the 101 connector.

#10 9 years ago

Def. check all rectifiers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-wont-turn-on-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.