(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16282923989241657315303829510301 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Dirty Harry vs Demolition Man
What game do you like better and why?

#2 2 years ago

I own both and love them. Dirty Harry would be my choice though. Due to the theme, huge Clint Eastwood fan.

#3 2 years ago

Demo Man is much more fun to play, fantastic flow and an all around superior package. My only complaint on that one is that the left third of the playfield is essentially wasted, I'll never understand why they didn't make the eyeball or car crash shot a super jackpot or something.

Dirty Harry is one of those less than the sum of its parts games, and it's got that characteristic "Ourseler Clunk" with it numerous Beef Zones. Its got its charms but I'd put it well behind demo man as a player.

#4 2 years ago

Dirty Harry wins here. I had a beautiful prototype (with the drop target in front of the warehouse) that I sold a while ago. That was a big mistake.

#5 2 years ago

Demo Man. It can get repetitive in a home environment, but it flows like a dream and makes a great pin to bang on if your SO is into that because of the handles.

I really wanted to like Dirty Barry, but it’s clunky and just no fun. One of the worst B/Ws of the 90s unfortunately.

#6 2 years ago

Dirty Harry. Who doesn't like Clint Eastwood, plus its a fun game with great shots.

#7 2 years ago

I can't stand demoman and love DH.
DH has great rules, modes, things to do, & tough ass ramps. One of thr only machines I've gotten rid of and sort of miss it.

Demoman is ugly. Like significantly uglier than DH; and thats saying something.

#8 2 years ago

I’ve owned both. I would say both are fun 3 flipper games- it really comes down to which theme you like best. Sci-fi Stallone or Clint Eastwood? No wrong choice, Dirty Harry is an underrated game

#10 2 years ago

Seems like a pretty even split on this one!!

I guess it depends on which movies you like better....

Hot take: the Dirty Harry movies are mostly dull, boring, and indistinguishable from each other. The first one had some character the others are all pretty lackluster.

#11 2 years ago

DH
Played both quite a few times before pulling the (44 magnum) trigger on the Harry.
We love it

#13 2 years ago

Picked up a DH recently in a package deal...near perfect example. Really enjoying it. Love CE and all his movies. I've had a couple DMs and I couldn't get into it. Both good games, but DH for the win for me.

#14 2 years ago

Good poll,tough call. It really comes down to theme and call outs. I mean does anyone really remember Demolition Man? It didn't do Taco Bell any favors.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

Dirty Harry wins here. I had a beautiful prototype (with the drop target in front of the warehouse) that I sold a while ago. That was a big mistake.

I have a prototype (or sample) Dirty Harry, for me it's a great game. Both games sell fast when you see them for sale.

#16 2 years ago

I don’t own either but have access to both. I’m drawn towards DM more.

#17 2 years ago

I've never really liked DM because of the theme and the widebody format feels under utilized.

I've played DH a few times but doesn't know its rules properly so bit hard to give it a good judgment, but I still choose this game over DM.

#18 2 years ago

Close call but demo man for me. DM is really one of the more unique games on how the shots flow and the rules are inline with how the game shoots. Not too deep, but what is there works really well.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Good poll,tough call. It really comes down to theme and call outs. I mean does anyone really remember Demolition Man? It didn't do Taco Bell any favors.

They got the name of the city wrong

#20 2 years ago

Dirty Harry... especially if there are stairs to your game room
But I would go for it either way - not saying DM is not a cool game.

#21 2 years ago

I'm waiting for American Pinball to release Demolition Harry - A family friendly machine about a construction worker in the vein of RoadShow.

DM/DH is a coin toss for me though. Both are super fun to shoot.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Damn right we do. It's a great movie.

#23 2 years ago

I've owned both and for me it's Dirty Harry in a run away contest. Satisfying shots, smooth flowing ramps and great sound effects/call outs. Time Bomb is easily in my top 10 modes. As someone mentioned earlier, it's a very underrated game.

#24 2 years ago

Both really good games I've had both twice. Dirty Harry will not leave it's just such a great game with great call outs. I would suggest getting both and getting rid of another pin.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've owned both and for me it's Dirty Harry in a run away contest. Satisfying shots, smooth flowing ramps and great sound effects/call outs. Time Bomb is easily in my top 10 modes. As someone mentioned earlier, it's a very underrated game.

Time bomb mode is da bomb! One of my all time favorites also.

#26 2 years ago

I have wanted to own both so I would buy the better looking game now and when I was done with it I’d sell it and get the other. No wrong choice IMO.

#27 2 years ago

Neither will leave anytime soon

16282923989241657315303829510301 (resized).jpg16282923989241657315303829510301 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#28 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Demo Man is much more fun to play, fantastic flow and an all around superior package. My only complaint on that one is that the left third of the playfield is essentially wasted, I'll never understand why they didn't make the eyeball or car crash shot a super jackpot or something.
Dirty Harry is one of those less than the sum of its parts games, and it's got that characteristic "Ourseler Clunk" with it numerous Beef Zones. Its got its charms but I'd put it well behind demo man as a player.

[edit] Oh man.. sorry to necro this,... wasn't looking at the times and thought it was newer.. lol

Apparently the car crash is supposed to boost jackpots in MB..., at least in Cryo prison?

I still need to look into exactly how much and if it is worthwhile... Still, if it is just the one MB it is applicable too.. hard to say the value in competitive play.. with freeze limited claw award likely, if you get to Cryo, you prob already win

#29 1 year ago

Having had both for a while, Demolition man.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
4,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lee's Summit, MO
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 81.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-vs-demolition-man-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.