Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Cudaman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I picked up a sample DH over the weekend. Pretty darn nice condition, seems like a very fun game so far. I have a couple questions regarding the sample games:

#1 It came with the original prototype software CPU Rev PA-1 and sound P-1, I cannot find a revision history going back to the PA-1 version, any major differences between PA-1 and LX-2? Did they remove or add any animations or sounds in the release version? I have read the drop target is supported through all versions, anyone had problems with the drop target and release software on their sample?

#2 The Jackpot insert in front of the right ramp has no bulb socket, it looks as if it was never wired for one and I do not see extra wires anywhere for it. Is this how the samples were produced, missing the light socket for the jackpot insert? Is their a way to wire in a #44 socket and correctly connect it so it functions? Has anyone ever done this before and have specifics?

#3 both sling plastics are broken and the plastic under the ramp returns on the left side above the two stand up targets. When shopping it I also noticed that all the plastics seemed to have thick white paper, like the backing paper, only it did not seem to come off (maybe on there so long it is really stuck on them??). Anyone have any plastics they would sell? Good place to buy a set?

Thanks!!!

#3 11 years ago

Evening bumple, anyone??

#4 11 years ago

PM McCune- he has one.

#5 11 years ago

Hello....is this thing on..... So a Priest, a rabbi and a chipmonk walk into a bar...

#6 11 years ago

The right ramp jackpot insert is a pcb .

Jim

#7 11 years ago

Bump for a pin I hope to play in the next few weeks.

#8 11 years ago

Where are you in MN? Am in Prior Lake myself. Let's help each other out here as I have a sample DH as well with the drop target.

My machine is runing LA-2 ROM and P-1 sound. I have no idea what changes have been made over the years, but will try to do some checking. I have not experiened any issues that I am aware of.

As McCune mentioned, the light that illuminates the jackpot insert in front of the right ramp is a 555 that stick out from the PCB light board.

Have not found any plastics, but could use a few that are cracked and could also use a new standup target as one is partially missing. Will search for both of us.

Now for my question. On the underside of the playfield, in the set of wires that runs across the back of the playfield (furthest towards the back of the cabinet), I have an orange wire with a solid light blue (or grey) stripe on it that is cut and has black tape over it with nothing else attached to it. I also have two red wires with a light blue (or grey) stripe on it that are cut and soldered together to form a loop. I have not noticed any issues with my game, but have no idea why these wires are like this and have not monkeyed with them since everything has worked on this game for the last three years since I bought it. Does your machine have any goofy wiring like this?

Dave

#9 11 years ago

Dave,

The game was designed with 2 ball gates at the rear of the PF. One was removed before production. You are seeing the wiring for the 2nd gate.

#10 11 years ago

Thanks John for the insight. Guess that is why it is still working OK!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-sample-machine-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.