• Latest reply 12 years ago by system11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

harry.jpg
#1 12 years ago

The gun is dropping the ball on and off. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens and its annoying. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? It seems like it may be an adjustment but 'm not sure. I'm wondering if the ramp is a little off.

Thanks!

Tz

#2 12 years ago

Yes it's a known issue, run a quick search in rgp about it. I remember seeing a fix posted by Cayle I think...

#3 12 years ago

I fixed mine a couple weeks ago. Used to happen every time and now only very rarely.

What I did was loosen the wireframe screws, pushed the wireframe back as far as I could towards the backbox, then tightened it all down. This makes the ball catch the metal ring a bit when entering the gun and slows it down enough to not go spilling right out.

Give it a shot! Like I said, works for me MOST of the time. I read some other solutions that involved putting things inside the gun... but I didn't want to go that route.

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

What I did was loosen the wireframe screws

what are you refering to as these 'wireframe screws'. picture or reference? i'm interested. thanks rascal!

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

Rascal_H said:What I did was loosen the wireframe screws
what are you refering to as these 'wireframe screws'. picture or reference? i'm interested. thanks rascal!

Just meant whatever is holding that L shaped wireform that feeds the gun in place. By moving that wireform as far up as possible you make it a liitle harder for the ball to enter the gun so fast because when the wireform is offset from the gun hole (on top) the entrance just a bit smaller.

#6 12 years ago

If the ball gets to the gun too fast, the momentum of the ball can cause it to roll out of the gun.The answer to this problem is to squeeze the ball habit-trail together right before the “left hand turn” into the gun. This will sufficiently slow down the ball as it rolls into the gun.

harry.jpgharry.jpg

#7 12 years ago

There's another solution too, what I did on mine is get some sticky backed velcro, and cut a strip long enough to line the inside of the hole at the top of the gun (from the fuzzy side). Then adjust the position of the habitrail slightly so it's closer to the exit side of the gun when rolling in. Does the same thing - reduces the speed on the ball and cuts the forward rolling momentum.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-ownersquick-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.