You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I need a pic of the Safe House switch from underneath the pf showing where/how switch mount is and possibly a pic of the blade on the switch. Don't know if you can post pics here, but you can pm for my email.

The problem was the switch in the Safe House was not registering all the time. I swapped the blade w/a new cherry switch as vendor didn't have complete switch. The blade that was on my switch was mostly straight w/a slight bend upward at end. To make it work I had to mount the switch by the one mounting screw closest to 'hole'...it worked.

Found the correct switch w/blade(number escapes me at the moment but can post back) that is different. Blade bends up then 'loops' down.(best I can describe) When I installed the switch it was closing as it layed against bottom of pf. Tried to bend it w/out success. Length of blade seems to short

Am I missing something or do I possibly have wrong switch? Shouldn't be so but a bit baffled.

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

Pic! Switch on left is what was in game, switch on right is the new one. Part #5647-12693-21

WAIT...I ordered #5647-12693-31 from manual. Maybe they sent me wrong switch???image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I'll just keep posting myself. : ) looked up part number from vendor. Part # shows correct w/pic that I ordered but bag switch game in ended in -21 so I guess it is correct.

Any thoughts out there?THANKS AGAIN.

#4 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#5 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Just change the arm and make sure you put it on the right hinge point !

#7 8 years ago

the blade is short so it doesn't take a hit from the nylon plunger on the upkick.

#8 8 years ago

Wow...thanks for the pics fumbleflippers! Thank you to Jim for the reply! Probably just had a wonky switch. Just seemed to short when I looked at it and then the blade on new switch was completely different which led me to believe my original was wrong.

Soooooo, it looks like the blade that was in game was correct...yes? The blade was mounted on the 'tab' closest to the middle of switch. In my pic I had it on the 'tab' furthest away just for a trial run.

Lastly so I have an education, why is the blade on new switch like it is? Is that just a standard and you have to cut or bend so it looks like what was in game???

I'd love to go back downstairs right now and install, but work comes early. ; ) I'll check back tomorrow.

Thanks again for taking the time to take pics and the replies, greatly appreciated.

#9 8 years ago

Update: Installed new switch w/'old' blade. Still not working right. Will not activate or activates twice...hit or miss. It did work correctly when I mounted switch just by closest 'screw hole'(not using both screws to attach switch) to opening. Just need to tweak some more I guess. I will get it! : )

Thanks again for help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-ownersneed-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.