Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Doozie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi, I'm getting a error stating check switch 41 left lane enter. This is an opto switch on the ramp. I changed both the transmitter and receiver opto's and by viewing the transmitter with a camera lens I can see that the opto is lit up. But it will not activate while all the opto's in the ramps work fine. What's my next step...

#2 10 years ago

...a Pinsider has to know his limitations....

#3 10 years ago

I'd look at the opto board where the optos connect next. Tou may need to reflow the solder or replace an lm339. Before that you might use switch edge test a jumper wire to test the switch. Is the switch stuck on or stick off?

#4 10 years ago

I had the same problem many years ago. I couldn't find what was wrong, so I ended up buying a new opto driver board that sits under the PF. That solved it. I kept the old board and will have it rebuilt some day if I need it. I replaced opto's, checked wiring......nothing but the replacement board worked. I'm sure if you can work on boards you will find the issue. I was fairly new at working on pins, so it wasn't an option at the time. Good luck!

#5 10 years ago

The switch shows its always open. I checked the continuity from both the transmitter and receiver to the board, its good so there is no wiring problem. I can see the transmitter lit up through the camera and with my iphone flashlight I can set off the other optos but not this one so that should rule out a transmitter problem. I'm guessing the opto board has to be the problem.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

I'm guessing the opto board has to be the problem.

Do you have another to swap it with?

#7 10 years ago

Oh....so you don't line up the flat edge of the receiver opto with the line edge marking on the opto board. Ugh....it was the receiver opto after all .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-opto-switch-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.