Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by markmon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Recently bought a "100 % working" Dirty Harry that the magnet was not working properly on. It would work occasionally out of the shooter lane but never after rolling over the switch in the left return lane.
In switch test the optos worked but in magnet test the magnet did not work. I decided to replace the optos since I wanted to remove the ramps to work on them. Soldered new optos on and they dont work at all. The transmitter reads 1.2 v at the board. The wires for the receiver read 13v but when I solder them to the board I read 8 v at the board. I'm confused and not sure what to look at next. This is the first transmitter I put on since the one that came on it and the second receiver I tried since the one that came on it. I haven't tried soldering the old boards back on. Thanks

#2 9 years ago

First off, you said your optos were working in switch test. So they were fine. Why did you mess with them? At this point I would just buy new opto boards for the ones you messed up. They're cheap and do not need to be soldered.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

First off, you said your optos were working in switch test. So they were fine. Why did you mess with

I thought the magnet not operating properly might be due to the optos not working correctly. I bought new optos from Marco and had to solder the wires to them. I'm not sure which ones you're referring to when you say " they don't need to be soldered".

#4 9 years ago

I just resoldered the original receiver back in and now it is registering in switch test but I'm not sure if it is correct. In single switch test right loop 42 it says (a)closed, when I break the beam it says open. The gun chamber 44 reads closed and when I break the beam it reads (a) open. Is 42 registering backwards? I'm not sure what the (a) means.

#5 9 years ago

You are using switch edge test, right? If the switch is stable in one state and breaking the beam toggles the state on the switch edge test screen, then it's working fine. You should move to the next possibility.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dirty-harry-opto-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.