Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by EEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

When multi-ball happens it will spit out 2 balls and if I nudge the machine the 3rd ball will come out, does anyone know what this could be?

Is it Opto or does the trough need a little filing down?

#2 7 years ago

Moved to technical help sub forum to help the topic not get buried. Good luck!

#3 7 years ago

You could pull the apron and watch how the balls move around as they are kicked out. It could be that the process of kicking out balls pushes the remaining ones in the trough backwards, which could confuse the machine.

Other wise, I think that there is a fix using a trough liner or the file, as you suggested.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

You could pull the apron and watch how the balls move around as they are kicked out. It could be that the process of kicking out balls pushes the remaining ones in the trough backwards, which could confuse the machine.
Other wise, I think that there is a fix using a trough liner or the file, as you suggested.

Alright cool, i will have a look. Cheers

#5 7 years ago

In thinking about it a bit more, you may have a problem with the trough opto boards. Put the machine into switch test and bang on the playfield. Continue by removing one ball at a time while thumping the playfield and see if any trough switches change from open to closed, or closed to open.

Since multiball is supposed to be 3 balls, perhaps the machine is not seeing that it should be kicking another one out.

#6 7 years ago

When you say bang, how hard are we talking about.

#7 7 years ago

If you put "super shiny" balls in the game, they've become magnetized by the UR magnet and aren't rolling in the trough properly anymore because they stick together. May also be exacerbated by trough divots. Checks the balls and trough.

#8 7 years ago

Ok, the magnet has been removed from this machine im after one of those. The balls are new but i will check the divots.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

When you say bang, how hard are we talking about.

not too hard. it would be like the combined vibration of a slingshot going off at the same time both flippers are activated. basically, just enough to jar the trough optos.

#10 7 years ago

Ok i will give it a shot......

#11 7 years ago

So multiball is only 3 balls not 4 right. Unless you have a quick drain and it will send another one out so you have 3 again on the playfield.

#12 7 years ago

I would start by looking at trough divots. It's a common problem and easy to check. Since nudging solves the issue, the nudging could get the ball moving. Pinbits sells a plastic piece that solves the problem also.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Doozie:

So multiball is only 3 balls not 4 right. Unless you have a quick drain and it will send another one out so you have 3 again on the playfield.

Correct about the general multiball.

I believe that Crime Wave and Midnight Madness are 4-ball multiballs. The Warehouse offers one or, perhaps, two different 2-ball multiball modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 50.00
Boards
PinSound
Machine - For Sale
Marblehead, MA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside